Jackass
    Jan 2004

Good job! Cane Creek = EXCELLENT customer service

Busted my AD-12 rear shock today - long story, but totally my fault.

Called Cane Creek just before they closed today, explained what I needed -
    and that I needed it in a hurry.... race season waits for no breakdowns !

The guy (sorry, I forgot your name) figured out all the pieces and associated
    seals I needed. He agreed to leave the parts outside their shop this evening
    so I could go by and pick them up and be rolling again tomorrow.

He even took the time to talk me through the repair process.

NO CHARGE.

When I got there, all the parts I could have possibly needed were in an
    envelope waiting for me, along with a fresh copy of the manual.

I'm back up and running now, and only missed one day of riding.

THANKS CANE CREEK, you guys rock.

ZB
    No hairSShirts.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Good job! I've had similar luck with them

Nothing quite like your story of driving by and picking up parts. . .but great service.

I dealt with them a while back with both wheel issues, and tire delams (OnZa), and they were nothing but helpful.

They sold me a new wheelset for very cheap after I blew up my old one. . .gave me new tires when they fell apart (which makes sense). . .but for both, did them in a VERY fast manner, and threw in t-shirts/stickers/other crap.

They are a very good company to deal with, and if I could use anything more from them, I'd definitely be a repeat customer of theirs.

voodoo-1 (only does business with those that back their products with superior service)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... I have had nothing but great and wonderfull things....

to say about them.

I was in the same situation you're in now two years ago. Blew out my old rear shock on my Sugar II. I called and they sold me a rebuild kit......didn't hold air. Tired to use seals from a hardware store and still wouldn't hold it. WEELLL...I saw on their web site that you could trade in ANY old shock and get $100 off the MSRP on either a Cloud 9 or AD-12. So I called them up and explained what happened and what I did. Told them I would like a new AD12 since I couldn't really afford the C9. After a few minutes of BSing with the guy, I think his name was Doug, he decided to cut me a REALLY sweet deal on the C9 which I could afford! They sent it to me that day since I bought it via VISA card. He told me he trusted me to send in my old one. Which I did ASAP. Then last summer the C9 was loosing air. I called them again and they told me to send it in for a rebuild. Cool I thought to myself. I then asked how much and he replied no charge!! not even return shipping!!!! Canít remember for sure how long it took but I know it wasnít more than 2 weeks. I also have a WAM wheelset that the sealed bearing goes bad every now and then and they send me new bearings no charge. CC has made me a VERY loyal customer!!! Those guys Rock!!!

Speaking of rock, Rock Shox is trying to clean themselves up. I've had some trouble with 'em in the past but last summer was the final straw from me and I had sworn them off. I posted the story here on the old boards, but to make a long story short, I received a call from their offices and after talking with the guy I do believe that they're sincerely trying to improve. They provided some compensation for my troubles also. Anyone deal with them lately?
    Last edited by crashedandburned; 04-07-2004 at 04:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Cane Creek = Great Service!

I have to agree with posts above - nothing but great service from the Cane Creek people, Doug in particular. I've had some minor wheel issues (dust caps coming loose, etc) and they have been taken care of quickly. Great job and great products. Keep it up!

kmc
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

same for me

Had a AD-8 blow out on me. Bought a three year old frame as new old stock, they warrantied the shock. Called on a Monday, had a brand new AD-12 in my hands by Friday. They did not want me to return the old shock until the AD-12 was working smoothly. I just don't service like that very often.

MTBR.com Addict

Never had to call their service dept. but I love their products

I have a couple of mbikes and always put their ergo bar ends on em. I like them much better than those sticks other people like to make use of. They are by far the most comfortable and confidence incurring bar end. Now if I can get my EA50 riser bar to stop creaking everytime I start off hard or hammer!
    [SIZE=1]
    Education Coordinator for Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay
    www.btceb.org
    Help us support open and multi-use trails.

[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Good job! Ergo bar ends

Love these bar ends. Took me a while to work up to paying $50 for bar ends but they've been worth every penny! The only other ones that come close (that I've tried) are the ones made by Singletrack Solutions. They're about half the price but not nearly as comfortable.

Official Cooler Inspector

I have photos

One of those folks used to be a dang fine guitar picker and pig cooker. Not that this has anything to do with MTB, but I can't believe how parallel our lives have been and we lost contact over the years. Whod have thunk it - bluegrass, pork and mountain bikes?

Great people work under the Cane Creek title.