mtbr member
    Sep 2004

CAD picture of my mtbike *pic*

In our CAD class we got to choose whatever we wanted to make, so I decided to somewhat recreate my Hardrock's frame.

And here's just a pic of it sitting there

That was my first project so I really didn't know what I was doing, and the geometry of the bike is all wrong. But with a quick glance it kinda looks alright.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thats cool,

when you design something in CAD that has pivots can you simulate motion the along those pivots?

for example if you design a 4 link will it move along according to the pivots?

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

yes

Quote Originally Posted by plate
    Thats cool,

when you design something in CAD that has pivots can you simulate motion the along those pivots?

for example if you design a 4 link will it move along according to the pivots?
    it would have to be designed as multiple parts and then assembled. if you constrain it correctly it will move.

YR

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

which version of SW is that?

[in 2004 and 2005 you have a File Save As option to save the screen as a JPG so you don't have to do a screen capture.

after spending 8 hours a day on SW the last thing I want to do when i get home is work on SW some more! But, if i were back in college again I'd definatly be practicing on every bike part I could think of. I did some parts a while ago and was going to do some cranks but never got around to finishing them. All i did was a stem, bars and bar ends with all the necessary fasteners. i did some links of a chain but decided it was going to be way too much effort to assemble the thing into an actual chain so I just left it with a pair of links!

Now I just spend my days driving CAD for work but nothing as fun as designing bikes or bike parts.

YR