Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bummer......lost my handle.

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  TTTURNER 
#1 ·
After years of posting as "Ska!" (even in the "original" MTBR forum of old when we didn't even have to register) I have lost my handle. :sad:

I know it's just a silly handle but after so many year as "Ska!" it is kinda weird posting as "Ska" after MTBR reassigned me as such.

This all occurred after issues with my account started to arise the other day (apparently caused by the exclamation point in my handle). At least the handle is close and I didn't have to go with something entirely different.

Thanks for saving my account and getting me back in :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Ska "the member formerly known as Ska!"

#4 ·
Really?..........upset.........punctuation.....(which didn't change)?

Go ride your bike and get your priorities straight.
LOL Upset? No, but after such a long time it is a little odd for me.

Punctuation didn't change? Yes it did.

Go ride? Well, I've actually had a pretty good month: all things considered. I'm well over 1300kms (of course that's not all singletrack) so far this month and with the planned night ride tonight the calendar is marked up a ton. :)

I agree that my little post was perhaps a little pointless, but, no more pointless than a lot of the threads that get started around here at times.

Do like most. Click. Read. Don't like it? Ignore :thumbsup:

Cheers.
Ska

#11 ·
Man, If I lost my "Mellow Yellow" account it would be weird. I've had this account since the mid 90s (Yes, I know it says a different "joint date"). Heck, I have some that only call me by that name only! :)

We're just glad that you're still here, Ska.

#14 ·
Hmmm..Freud would say

Ska(!),

Freud would suspect this goes back to your parents, or more specifically, your mother and feelings of abandonment. Tell us, what was she like?

Your connection to this exclamation seems deep and its loss is profound to you.

I kid, I kid...

Then again, I've been SilkMoneyLove since the 90s and I would think it very odd if I had to be just SilkMoney or MoneyLove. I think it would be like wearing someone else's shoes. Sure, they may be the same size, but they just aren't yours.

#17 ·
What is the significance of the original Ska! to you?
When you have had a name for 10 or 15 years, it matters, plus it is the only instance where you get to name yourself, rather than using the name your parents gave you -- unless you are in a multiple AKA situation, but that's a different story. For your given name, doesn't it annoy you someone gets your name wrong or misspells it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.