Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4

    Good job! The Brakes On My BMX Bike Broke.

    I was riding my BMX Mach One and I pulled the brake lever and then the brake line became loose and the bike did not stop. The brakes do not work now. Instead, I use my foot and put it on the tire to slow the bike down. My shoe has a groove in it now from doing that. I am ashamed.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    527
    why sare you ashamed?

  3. #3
    i worship Mr T
    Reputation: *rt*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,543

    here's a suggestion...

    Quote Originally Posted by Extemporia
    I was riding my BMX Mach One and I pulled the brake lever and then the brake line became loose and the bike did not stop. The brakes do not work now. Instead, I use my foot and put it on the tire to slow the bike down. My shoe has a groove in it now from doing that. I am ashamed.
    why don't you fix your brake? i'm sure a new brake cable, some housing, and the appropriately sized allen wrench will take care of the problem. or take your bike into a shop and have a mechanic fix it?

    then you don't have to be ashamed anymore.

    rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

  4. #4
    Freshly Fujified
    Reputation: Call_me_Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,200

    Why is he ashamed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panacea
    why sare you ashamed?
    Because his brake pads now need to be replaced at a cost of better part of $100.00.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

  5. #5
    i worship Mr T
    Reputation: *rt*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    Because his brake pads now need to be replaced at a cost of better part of $100.00.
    doesn't sound like a brake pad issue to me. sounds like the brake cable broke. much cheaper than $100 to buy a new brake cable.

    [edit] unless his shoes cost $100, in which case he should be ashamed that he ruined a perfectly good pair of $100 shoes.

    rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

  6. #6
    Freshly Fujified
    Reputation: Call_me_Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,200

    Shoe reference

    Quote Originally Posted by *rt*
    doesn't sound like a brake pad issue to me. sounds like the brake cable broke. much cheaper than $100 to buy a new brake cable.

    [edit] unless his shoes cost $100, in which case he should be ashamed that he ruined a perfectly good pair of $100 shoes.

    rt
    I was trying to make light of the fact that he basically burned up a pair of sneaks by using them as brake pads. Live and learn. My guess is that the brakes will be fixed soon.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

  7. #7
    i worship Mr T
    Reputation: *rt*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    I was trying to make light of the fact that he basically burned up a pair of sneaks by using them as brake pads. Live and learn. My guess is that the brakes will be fixed soon.
    oh, duh.

    i'm a little slow sometimes.

    rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

  8. #8
    USB Rep'n
    Reputation: namaSSte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,361
    Quote Originally Posted by *rt*
    why don't you fix your brake? i'm sure a new brake cable, some housing, and the appropriately sized allen wrench will take care of the problem. or take your bike into a shop and have a mechanic fix it?

    then you don't have to be ashamed anymore.

    rt
    I'd just snag a brown bag from your local grocer, chew two appropriately spaced holes for sight and ride on. Your shame should subside within three days. Disclaimer, if you use plastic instead of paper, your shame may subside much sooner (depending on how long you can hold your breath.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

    betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

  9. #9
    i worship Mr T
    Reputation: *rt*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,543
    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    I'd just snag a brown bag from your local grocer, chew two appropriately spaced holes for sight and ride on. Your shame should subside within three days. Disclaimer, if you use plastic instead of paper, your shame may subside much sooner (depending on how long you can hold your breath.
    ooh, yes!! this is a much better solution. especially if you choose the plastic bag option.



    rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •