mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well bitter sweet ride today

the sweet...rode the new bike for the second day in a row. put in 30 miles in 2 days. Even accomplished a climb i have never successfully completed in just a couple tries! hoping to have video up soon. even got a new guy to come trail riding on his bike thats been collecting dust for 3 years.

and now for the bitter... my oakley flak jackets that i've owned for almost 4 years full off my shirt at some point in a 6 mile section of trail. I retraced my steps slowly with another rider to no avail. they're gone. 4 years of deployments and world traveling. those lenses have seen alot of places.
    Gary Fisher HiFi Deluxe 29er

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Oh no! No more Hardrock! Wish I could get Camber but won't be able to for a while.

Mine is in shop right now because rear hub was making grinding noise. Can't wait till I get it back especially since I've received new helmet, shoes, seat and pedals which I could all bring them to new bike when I get it. I just hope that will be soon although it won't be any time soon in reality.

Good luck with your new bike. Now I've gotta start search for image of your new bike!

mtbr member
    Do you have a local MTB association/club forum you can post on? If so, It can't hurt to post where, when you lost them. May be a good idea to post on the regional forums here as well. Mountain bikers are a good group that like to help each other out. Hope you get them back

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HaxEJxuK View Post
    Good luck with your new bike. Now I've gotta start search for image of your new bike!
    thanks man, here's a quicky

Quote Originally Posted by JSumner13 View Post
    Do you have a local MTB association/club forum you can post on? If so, It can't hurt to post where, when you lost them. Mountain bikers are a good group that like to help each other out. Hope you get them back
    i posted on the regional here, still looking for our local one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltah View Post
    thanks man, here's a quicky

i posted on the regional here, still looking for our local one.
    Congrats on the new ride. That thing looks killer.

Sorry to here about Oakleys. I'm still wearing my issued m-frames that have survived several deployments.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty_sohc View Post
    Congrats on the new ride. That thing looks killer.

Sorry to here about Oakleys. I'm still wearing my issued m-frames that have survived several deployments.
    thanks!

just imagine if you lost those things by pure accident. i feel like a dork for being so heartbroken but im really bummed out about it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    thanks!

just imagine if you lost those things by pure accident. i feel like a dork for being so heartbroken but im really bummed out about it.
    I still have the old 35mm camera that I took on my first deployment and I refuse to get rid of it. I know how you feel.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Sorry to hear you lost the Oakleys. Have Flak jackets really been around that long? When I got them a year ago I thought they were new.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    Sorry to hear you lost the Oakleys. Have Flak jackets really been around that long? When I got them a year ago I thought they were new.
    sure have, they are a GREAT design. still going strong. I bought them for $215 originally. now they hover around $110.

I will get them from military issue for about $60 so its no big deal. just sucks.

mtbr member
    sure have, they are a GREAT design. still going strong. I bought them for $215 originally. now they hover around $110.

I will get them from military issue for about $60 so its no big deal. just sucks.
    $60? Look at some of the prices at Oakley.
    Oakley Flak Jacket--Oakley sunglasses Discount stores:30%-60% Off,Cheap Oakley sunglasses,Oakley sunglasses Order Online!

*edit* Looking at it further don't know if this is an outlet site for them or not.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Looks like a good excuse to get another pair

Im rocking the standard issue m frames bc I like that mil look on and off the bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaLL6 View Post
    $60? Look at some of the prices at Oakley.
    Oakley Flak Jacket--Oakley sunglasses Discount stores:30%-60% Off,Cheap Oakley sunglasses,Oakley sunglasses Order Online!

*edit* Looking at it further don't know if this is an outlet site for them or not.
    i appreciate the help but that site looks extremely shady, and the glasses look a bit "off"

mtbr member
    HOLY CRAP! someone may have found them!!!!!!!

msmtb.org • View topic - LOST: sunglasses on bethel trails REWARD

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    HOLY CRAP! someone may have found them!!!!!!!

msmtb.org • View topic - LOST: sunglasses on bethel trails REWARD
    Good deal. Glad they were found

mtbr member
    I can completely understand how you can lose a pair of shades on a ride, but seriously, how could you possibly lose your speedo on a ride? I mean, at what point are you riding around, look down, see your naked junk bouncing around and realize they're gone? But I guess if you are riding in a speedo, maybe you're living in some kind of parallel existence and you're not too aware of your surroundings.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
    how could you possibly lose your speedo on a ride? I mean, at what point are you riding around, look down, see your naked junk bouncing around and realize they're gone? But I guess if you are riding in a speedo, maybe you're living in some kind of parallel existence and you're not too aware of your surroundings.
    LOL

mtbr member
    false alarm, misunderstanding. they were not found. someone found glasses at a different trail

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    false alarm, misunderstanding. they were not found. someone found glasses at a different trail

that sucks man.