Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Biking art AKA recycling passion

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Spdu4ia 
#1 ·
So who else lets their biking passion overflow into their house via art or decorating? Some older leftover parts being reused or recycled into a new form of passion? Here is one piece I made , lets see your biking artwork!

Circle Wall clock Home accessories Clock Number

-
Circle Steel Silver Watch

-
Automotive tire Rim Bicycle tire Font Bicycle wheel rim

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
I don't have any current ones; will try to get something out in the next week or two. Basically, we had some old wheels that I cleaned up (they still had spokes and hubs but were basically dead), sanded lightly and spray painted silver.

Target and other places sell something called tinsel garlands. I wrapped this around the rim and on one, stuck a big red Christmas tree ornament in the hole where the skewer would go. Very festive.

As I was writing this, I realized that this idea has to be manifested SOMEWHERE on Pinterest (the epicenter of all things crafty) and sure enough, here it is--top row on the right.

This is very different than what I did, but essentially the wheel is just an armature to hold the the decorations that you like! The rake wreath at the bottom of that page is the same principle.

Here is another Pinterst bike wheel wreath

Dang, here is an entire page of bicycle wheel wreath pics and other re-purposed bike wheel projects! Like!

Also, if you continue to scroll down through the pics on that last link, there is a side table made from two blue wheels, a piece of driftwood and a board that is quite lovely.

More here with both bike parts and entire bikes

I do think the OP has the most elegant project, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.