Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 210
  1. #1
    the half breed devil
    Reputation: shekky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,964

    bike-thief-beat-down passion

    read this. enjoy the photo of the injured perp:

    Keith Kirk, accused bike thief, gets 'street justice,' bloody beatdown

  2. #2
    bust a move
    Reputation: 2ridealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,978
    That just might qualify as a deterrent

    Can't say I wouldn't do the same!
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

  3. #3
    Climbs = necessary evil
    Reputation: rogerfromco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    633
    Grand theft for a $600 bike? I thought it had to be over $2000?

    Anyway, looks like he got hit my a truck!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,250
    Love it.

  5. #5
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    HAHAHA the thief deserved everything he got, well done for the cops by not arresting the bike owner, this is true justice, pity his hands wernt 'accidently' chopped off too, thats known to put a stop to future thieving....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mazspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,056
    Good for the bike owner, good for the cops. Guy got exactly what he deserved, and the bike owner gets my and a lot of other peoples respect. Great job.

  7. #7
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,423
    My wife and I laughed our asses off at the pic of the thief..
    A couple years ago, in Orlando, some dirtbag broke into our truck and got my backpack. We saw all sorts of begging and scamming.
    Glad this one played out just like it did.

    BTW, anyone ever use a lock?
    I like turtles

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RSW42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    HAHAHA the thief deserved everything he got, well done for the cops by not arresting the bike owner, this is true justice, pity his hands wernt 'accidently' chopped off too, thats known to put a stop to future thieving....


    Wurd...




    Awesome....
    .




    .

  9. #9
    zrm
    zrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    HAHAHA the thief deserved everything he got, well done for the cops by not arresting the bike owner, this is true justice, pity his hands wernt 'accidently' chopped off too, thats known to put a stop to future thieving....
    Yeah, the more we're like Saudi Arabia the better.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Lol

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: J.B. Weld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,884
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    Yeah, the more we're like Saudi Arabia the better.

    Maybe we should incorporate stoning?

    Believe me, I am no friend to any thief but somehow I can't get off on seeing a pathetic loser beaten to a bloody pulp.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    538
    Rarely do these cases turn out well even for the "victim". Perp got tuned up, bike owner served him justice and isn't getting prosecuted. Awesome. Fawk this scumbag.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coopdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    Maybe we should incorporate stoning?

    Believe me, I am no friend to any thief but somehow I can't get off on seeing a pathetic loser beaten to a bloody pulp.
    Agreed. Sad that the bike's owner felt it was a good time to take out pent up frustration (whether simply because his bike was stolen or something else going on in his life) to on the scummy guy.

    If there is a silver-lining, I will bet the criminal won't steal a bike again!
    Please visit my bike blog! And if you click a few banner ads, I wouldn't complain!
    http://realworldbiking.blogspot.com

  14. #14
    Talk to me, Goose.
    Reputation: BatCountry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    106
    What happened to that guys face!? Justice happened to his face...
    We can't stop here, this is bat country..

  15. #15
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,730
    He looks drug addicted. I'm no bike thief fan but I"m beating this guy has been beat in the past--probably in his family of origin.

  16. #16
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    Maybe we should incorporate stoning?

    Believe me, I am no friend to any thief but somehow I can't get off on seeing a pathetic loser beaten to a bloody pulp.

    I will agree.

    The beating does seem a bit excessive for retrieving a bike but I wasn't there to see why the beating was excessive. Maybe the crook fought back trying keep the stolen bike forcing the owner to beat him down more.
    Or maybe the owner was just so pissed that he lost it (and I can't really blame him either).

    I can't get off on seeing the guy beaten to a bloody pulp, but I also can't feel sorry for him. If he would have left his hands off of other peoples property, he would have never had his ass beat.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fotu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    829
    You know how you can avoid getting your bike stolen while you shop at the Food Mart?

    Try locking your bike before you go inside.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    33
    i can most definitely and will get off to seeing this guy beat to a bloody pulp. there it goes, all over the keyboard.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shwinn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,103
    always ALWAYS make point to break the thumbs
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Rocket 88 Stage3
    '00 Homegrown

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jugdish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,228
    never mind, sorry
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

  21. #21
    Red October
    Reputation: mellowdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    always ALWAYS make point to break the thumbs
    agreed
    Bicycles are the physical manifestation of freedom
    fb me ig

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FLMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by _Alberto_ View Post
    Rarely do these cases turn out well even for the "victim". Perp got tuned up, bike owner served him justice and isn't getting prosecuted. Awesome. Fawk this scumbag.
    Its actually a fairly common occurrence here in Florida, just most dont make national news.

  23. #23
    Team
    Reputation: DHbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,175
    Glad the guy got his bike back. Maybe more people will think before stealing a bike from someone.
    fusionx2.com/eatskisleep
    500 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    the thingamajig that's attached to the doohickey is causing some issues with the whatchamacallit. But whatever it is your going to have take'er apart a give'er a looksee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Ugh...judging drops on MTBR is like guys judging their own penis size.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    543
    Glad to see the owner of the bike detained the thief. Having said that, the owner farked up royally from the begining. He left his bike unattended and unlocked while he went into a store. Thats like dangling a big wad of cash infront of a thief, they are going to take it no matter what, and it if wasn't that thief it would of been a different thief. Then he catches up to the thief and detains him, thats great but he took out his own fark up on the thief, which imm is totally worng. It was the owners fault in the begining, seeing him walk off with no penalties proves you can spit on the law and suffer no repercussion, how often have you seen perps beaten up by police after they have been detained....

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shwinn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,103
    yeah, bike thieves really let locks get in their way.. and it wasn't the owners fault, the guy who got his ass beat was the one who made the conscious decision to steal the bike and thus his actions were met with a reaction that i'm sure anyone else would have duplicated
    Last edited by shwinn8; 11-24-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Rocket 88 Stage3
    '00 Homegrown

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    yeah, bike thieves really let locks get in their way
    In this case it would of. employees of the food mart where he was at noticed him keeping a close watch of his bike, if he noticed someone there he would of been there on top of him in seconds, some locks take more than seconds to cut through, plus not every thief carries bolt cutters with them. You need a deterrent no matter what. The bike owner stuffed up no matter which way you look at it, he put himself in that situation.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GiantMountainTroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    252
    Sick! He whooped his ass lol
    2013 Specialized P 26 AM green/purple. Nuff said

    Giant Faith

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shwinn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,103
    unless i'm reading the posted story wrong, there is nothing that says whether or not if the bike was locked up or not so from what the letters on the computer screen that i'm reading your comment has no backing. regardless, it wasn't the owners fault, the guy who got his ass beat was the one who made the conscious decision to steal the bike and thus his actions were met with a reaction that i'm sure anyone else would have duplicated
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Rocket 88 Stage3
    '00 Homegrown

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    543
    Well if it was locked id back him to chase him down and do whatever he can to detain the perp, but I seriously doubt it was locked. There was no mention of the bike being locked, police report says he "took" the bike, it's safe to assume it wasn't locked. If it was locked that would of been something that was echoed in the report or in the news item to have more leniency for the victim.

    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    the guy who got his ass beat was the one who made the conscious decision to steal the bike and thus his actions were met with a reaction that i'm sure anyone else would have duplicated

    Some people obviously aren't from this planet or they live under a rock, but the planet I"m from (Earth) there are people among us that are labelled "thieves". They have been with us from the start and will be to the end. It's not a new phenomenon. It's like leaving your car in a shopping complex carpark, leaving the windows down, door unlocked and keys in the ignition, who in their right mind would do that?

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shwinn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,103
    did you read the police report or just what was written in the news article? if you have i would like to read it too ...assumption is the mother of all fuk ups
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Rocket 88 Stage3
    '00 Homegrown

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shwinn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    It's like leaving your car in a shopping complex carpark, leaving the windows down, door unlocked and keys in the ignition, who in their right mind would do that?

    someone with a Jeep Wrangler with the top off, trans am or camaro with T-tops off, someone in a convertible? poor analogy
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Rocket 88 Stage3
    '00 Homegrown

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    543
    You really don't have to read the report to know it wasn't locked, try disecting what the news says. They mention he was keeping a close eye on his bike while in the shop, that would indicate to me he was jittery and nervous, why the fark would you feel like that if your bike was locked with a decent lock? To me it just does not make sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    someone with a Jeep Wrangler with the top off, trans am or camaro with T-tops off, someone in a convertible? poor analogy
    OK, and how many do you see with keys in the ignition and without insurance?

    I'm done playing games until you comeback with something concrete.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shwinn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,103
    " OK, and how many do you see with keys in the ignition and without insurance? "

    here in california? that's a dumb question! lol


    "I'm done playing games until you comeback with something concrete"

    that goes both ways
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Rocket 88 Stage3
    '00 Homegrown

  34. #34
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Saying it is the owners fault is just like saying it is a rape victims fault she got raped.

    Now, that being said, the owner was a dumb ass for not locking the bike up but last time I checked, it isn't illegal to be a dumb ass in this country.

    And yes, locked up bikes get stolen all the time but it is less likely and I would bet a lock would have stopped this guy.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    377
    A bike is just a thing, and while I would hate to have any of mine stolen (for the record, I have had one stolen), I sure don't see how it would say anything positive to my humanity if I beat someone because they took it. Stealing a bike is not cool, but try to be human about this situation.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shwinn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,103
    per Post #26, the ones at fault are the employees who saw the suspicious suspect outside lurking around and did nothing
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Rocket 88 Stage3
    '00 Homegrown

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: literocola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerfromco View Post
    Grand theft for a $600 bike? I thought it had to be over $2000?

    Anyway, looks like he got hit my a truck!
    Depending on state, which vary from each, but typically when you break the 500 dollar mark, your looking at felony charges, not necessarily grand theft, but still looking at a F5 or F6 felony. F6 being the less punishable of felonies.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: literocola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    someone with a Jeep Wrangler with the top off, trans am or camaro with T-tops off, someone in a convertible? poor analogy
    I have witenessed this, guy had a jeep with the top off, keys hanging on the driver ride roll bar in plain sight, and a big ass mean dog watching the truck while the owner was shopping for food. He was just like tempting some dumbass to try to steal his jeep, saw in Centennial, Colorado a number of years ago.

  39. #39
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    per Post #26, the ones at fault are the employees who saw the suspicious suspect outside lurking around and did nothing

    Next I guess we will blame the system that created the thief. I mean the guy is possibly a drug addict, maybe jobless and most likely lacks a decent education because the system failed him.

    The "fault" only lays on the shoulders of the thief not the employees.
    It was no more the responsibility of the employees to notice that the bike was being stolen and do something than it was responsibility of the owner to lock the bike up.

    The owner acted irresponsibly by not locking the bike up when it was out of his sight.
    The employees if they actually noticed it was being stolen and did or said nothing may have acted dishonorably. If they did notice it, the only thing they could do is tell the owner and they may not have known who or where he was.
    However, the fault solely lies on the shoulders of the thief who should have never touched something that didn't belong to him.

  40. #40
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    I will agree.

    The beating does seem a bit excessive for retrieving a bike but I wasn't there to see why the beating was excessive. Maybe the crook fought back trying keep the stolen bike forcing the owner to beat him down more.
    Or maybe the owner was just so pissed that he lost it (and I can't really blame him either).

    I can't get off on seeing the guy beaten to a bloody pulp, but I also can't feel sorry for him. If he would have left his hands off of other peoples property, he would have never had his ass beat.
    The beating doesnt look at all excessive to me, you can still see both of his eyes, his jaw still looks in place, he has no teeth through his face, and i presume most of his teeth are still there, what goes around comes around.

    If either of our countries had policies like Saudi Arabia for being caught in the act of stealing, the thieving would halve in a month.
    Im not advocating stoning to death, but i think the removal of your left hand on your second offence and your right hand on your third would have a profound effect on crime.

    yes give everybody one chance, but for serial offenders its pretty hard to steal with no hands..

    Our society is too soft..

    If you beat a woman, you should be beaten till you pass out or worse.
    If you mess with kids you should be castrated and burnt at the stake or put to death
    If you steal you should lose your hands.
    Its as simple as that...

    Harsh, no i dont think so....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  41. #41
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    per Post #26, the ones at fault are the employees who saw the suspicious suspect outside lurking around and did nothing
    Please..........really........you takin da piss....?
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  42. #42
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    The beating doesnt look at all excessive to me, you can still see both of his eyes, his jaw still looks in place, he has no teeth through his face, and i presume most of his teeth are still there, what goes around comes around.

    If either of our countries had policies like Saudi Arabia for being caught in the act of stealing, the thieving would halve in a month.
    Im not advocating stoning to death, but i think the removal of your left hand on your second offence and your right hand on your third would have a profound effect on crime.

    yes give everybody one chance, but for serial offenders its pretty hard to steal with no hands..

    Our society is too soft..

    If you beat a woman, you should be beaten till you pass out or worse.
    If you mess with kids you should be castrated and burnt at the stake or put to death
    If you steal you should lose your hands.
    Its as simple as that...

    Harsh, no i dont think so....
    I will disagree

    Although steeling is never right you need to walk a mile in a mans shoes before you judge.

    I would bet that if you lost your job and had exasperated every honest possibility to feed your family and couldn't even afford a bag of rice, even you would 5 finger discount a little food. Although it is still wrong, does that guy deserve to have his hands removed further ruining any chances to get a job and earn an honest living?

    We can assume this guy was probably stealing the bike only to get his next fix but even still, you assume there is no chance for rehabilitation.

    I have been on both sides of the law myself and although I would never commit a crime ever again, barbaric punishments may have prohibited me from becoming the person I am now. Since then, I have volunteered working with troubled youth in the past and have seen some where you never thought they would be more than a 2 bit thug become well educated productive members of society. Some of those kids wouldn't have any hands under your system.

    It is easier for people to sit back and say we should be more harsh than it is for them to actually go out and positively affect the situations in this world.

    BTW, I bet nobody here if they really thought about it couldn't honestly say they never stole anything ever in their life.

  43. #43
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    I will disagree

    Although steeling is never right you need to walk a mile in a mans shoes before you judge.

    I would bet that if you lost your job and had exasperated every honest possibility to feed your family and couldn't even afford a bag of rice, even you would 5 finger discount a little food. Although it is still wrong, does that guy deserve to have his hands removed further ruining any chances to get a job and earn an honest living?

    We can assume this guy was probably stealing the bike only to get his next fix but even still, you assume there is no chance for rehabilitation.

    I have been on both sides of the law myself and although I would never commit a crime ever again, barbaric punishments may have prohibited me from becoming the person I am now. Since then, I have volunteered working with troubled youth in the past and have seen some where you never thought they would be more than a 2 bit thug become well educated productive members of society. Some of those kids wouldn't have any hands under your system.

    It is easier for people to sit back and say we should be more harsh than it is for them to actually go out and positively affect the situations in this world.

    BTW, I bet nobody here if they really thought about it couldn't honestly say they never stole anything ever in their life.
    I respect and understand your point of view, it has many valid arguments, but dont think you not talking to somebody that hasnt walked both sides of the fence..
    I have no shame in saying i was a meth and grass addict for 20 years, thats basically my whole adult life, although i still functioned well enough to hold down a job as a horticulturist and fisherman, i often had no food and money left over to feed myself after indulging in my habits, that was no body else fault than my own, i take full 100% responsability for my selfish addiction..
    In that 20 years i never stole a single thing, i never hurt anybody bar myself ,and indirectly the people that loved me, and in my 20 year haze that is my biggest regret and i can never do enough to repair that but thats not what we are talking about.
    After i beat my addictions I worked at night here in Kings Cross where i live at night, looking after drug addicts and homeless street kids and adults on top of my day job..
    So its safe to say im no armchair critic..
    You know what makes a difference, its tough love, I admit people stealing food to feed their kids is not in the league of the punishments im talking about, but people stealing big item tickets to feed their selfish drug addictions is exactly what im talking about above, and seeing i was there for 20 solid years, i think its fair for me to comment on the issue, cheers mate.....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  44. #44
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Well, anyone can comment even if they have no idea what it is like to be on the other side of the fence.

    The question is were does the barbarianism stop?
    Who gets to make the decision on what type of theft loses a limb?
    Many people feel the same about drug addicts as you do about thieves.
    Maybe some people believe that drug addicts are just a drain on society and since they are killing themselves anyways we should just end it for them so society doesn't have to take care of them. What about all the other crimes meth heads commit? Since there is too much of chance that they may commit murder, we should kill them all.
    Sure, you may not do it anymore but we all know that you could be just one bad moment away from getting hooked again. We can't take that chance so we need to end your life too. (I don't really feel that way but you see where barbarianism can lead).

    I despise a thief too (well, not so much the thief but the crime) and feel they should be punished. Limb removal is a bit excessive though. As far as the beating this guy endured, I don't want to say he deserved it, but he did ask for it. So like I said before, I get no enjoyment from seeing it but I don't feel sorry for him either.

    On a side note, good job on cleaning up your life. I know it was hard you deserve to be commended for it.

  45. #45
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Well, anyone can comment even if they have no idea what it is like to be on the other side of the fence.

    The question is were does the barbarianism stop?
    Who gets to make the decision on what type of theft loses a limb?
    Many people feel the same about drug addicts as you do about thieves.
    Maybe some people believe that drug addicts are just a drain on society and since they are killing themselves anyways we should just end it for them so society doesn't have to take care of them. What about all the other crimes meth heads commit? Since there is too much of chance that they may commit murder, we should kill them all.
    Sure, you may not do it anymore but we all know that you could be just one bad moment away from getting hooked again. We can't take that chance so we need to end your life too. (I don't really feel that way but you see where barbarianism can lead).

    I despise a thief too (well, not so much the thief but the crime) and feel they should be punished. Limb removal is a bit excessive though. As far as the beating this guy endured, I don't want to say he deserved it, but he did ask for it. So like I said before, I get no enjoyment from seeing it but I don't feel sorry for him either.

    On a side note, good job on cleaning up your life. I know it was hard you deserve to be commended for it.
    Fair call mate, im not going to argue any of your points, they are very valid and i can see the angle your coming from.
    I dont know the answer, there are so many different levels of crime, so many reasons why people do it.
    There are so many types of drug addicts, some meth addicts inject and every minute of the day they are consumed buy their habit and sell their soul for it, some like i was still held down a job and hid it the best i could, i never injected as i had other means of consumption and i know many like myself that could still somewhat function and have a life, but at the end of the day i was still a slave to it to a big degree..
    I really dont have an answer to this, i will go back to the drawing board and have a think about what youve said as they are very valid points.
    cheers mate
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  46. #46
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    For the record though, I do think castrating then burning people who molest children is a good idea. No punishment is too harsh for somebody like that.

  47. #47
    zrm
    zrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,429
    Quote Originally Posted by coopdad View Post

    If there is a silver-lining, I will bet the criminal won't steal a bike again!
    Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: J.B. Weld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,884
    One thing that could have avoided the whole fiasco-

    If you find yourself at a convenience store with no lock just open the rear wheel QR. If someone tries to ride off their first pedal stroke will result in a painful and embarrassing crash. I found out the hard way how well this works when I forgot to undo my "trap" one time.

    Admittedly it only works with horizontal dropouts but I find it a simple and elegant solution.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: voodoo5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    I found out the hard way how well this works when I forgot to undo my "trap" one time.
    That would probably happen to me every single time.

  50. #50
    I am the Tin Man!
    Reputation: grizzlyplumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    390
    First, this thread needs to be a sticky.

    My humble opinion is that justice was served exactly as it should have been. No need for cutting off hands or breaking thumbs or stoning and certainly no need for analyzing and forgiving, that can come later.
    Flyin the TallBoy...Clyde style.


    SOMEBODY I LOVE NEEDS A HEART!

    I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •