read this. enjoy the photo of the injured perp:

Keith Kirk, accused bike thief, gets 'street justice,' bloody beatdown
  • 11-23-2012
    2ridealot
    That just might qualify as a deterrent :thumbsup:

Can't say I wouldn't do the same!
  • 11-23-2012
    rogerfromco
    Grand theft for a $600 bike? I thought it had to be over $2000?

Anyway, looks like he got hit my a truck!
  • 11-23-2012
    John Kuhl
    Love it.
  • 11-24-2012
    Tone's
    HAHAHA the thief deserved everything he got, well done for the cops by not arresting the bike owner, this is true justice, pity his hands wernt 'accidently' chopped off too, thats known to put a stop to future thieving....
  • 11-24-2012
    mazspeed
    Good for the bike owner, good for the cops. Guy got exactly what he deserved, and the bike owner gets my and a lot of other peoples respect. Great job.
  • 11-24-2012
    NYrr496
    My wife and I laughed our asses off at the pic of the thief..
    A couple years ago, in Orlando, some dirtbag broke into our truck and got my backpack. We saw all sorts of begging and scamming.
    Glad this one played out just like it did.

BTW, anyone ever use a lock?
  • 11-24-2012
    RSW42
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    HAHAHA the thief deserved everything he got, well done for the cops by not arresting the bike owner, this is true justice, pity his hands wernt 'accidently' chopped off too, thats known to put a stop to future thieving....

Wurd...

Awesome....
  • 11-24-2012
    zrm
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tone's View Post

Yeah, the more we're like Saudi Arabia the better.
  • 11-24-2012
    mikede
    Lol
  • 11-24-2012
    J.B. Weld
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    Yeah, the more we're like Saudi Arabia the better.

Maybe we should incorporate stoning? :rolleyes:

Believe me, I am no friend to any thief but somehow I can't get off on seeing a pathetic loser beaten to a bloody pulp.
  • 11-24-2012
    _Alberto_
    Rarely do these cases turn out well even for the "victim". Perp got tuned up, bike owner served him justice and isn't getting prosecuted. Awesome. Fawk this scumbag.
  • 11-24-2012
    coopdad
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post

Believe me, I am no friend to any thief but somehow I can't get off on seeing a pathetic loser beaten to a bloody pulp.

Agreed. Sad that the bike's owner felt it was a good time to take out pent up frustration (whether simply because his bike was stolen or something else going on in his life) to on the scummy guy.

If there is a silver-lining, I will bet the criminal won't steal a bike again!
  • 11-24-2012
    BatCountry
    What happened to that guys face!? Justice happened to his face...
  • 11-24-2012
    Jaybo
    He looks drug addicted. I'm no bike thief fan but I"m beating this guy has been beat in the past--probably in his family of origin.
  • 11-24-2012
    kjlued
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post

I will agree.

The beating does seem a bit excessive for retrieving a bike but I wasn't there to see why the beating was excessive. Maybe the crook fought back trying keep the stolen bike forcing the owner to beat him down more.
    Or maybe the owner was just so pissed that he lost it (and I can't really blame him either).

I can't get off on seeing the guy beaten to a bloody pulp, but I also can't feel sorry for him. If he would have left his hands off of other peoples property, he would have never had his ass beat.
  • 11-24-2012
    fotu
    You know how you can avoid getting your bike stolen while you shop at the Food Mart?

Try locking your bike before you go inside.
  • 11-24-2012
    Mplsfatty
    i can most definitely and will get off to seeing this guy beat to a bloody pulp. there it goes, all over the keyboard.
  • 11-24-2012
    shwinn8
    always ALWAYS make point to break the thumbs
  • 11-24-2012
    jugdish
    never mind, sorry
  • 11-24-2012
    mellowdave
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    always ALWAYS make point to break the thumbs

agreed
  • 11-24-2012
    FLMike
    Quote:

Originally Posted by _Alberto_ View Post
    Rarely do these cases turn out well even for the "victim". Perp got tuned up, bike owner served him justice and isn't getting prosecuted. Awesome. Fawk this scumbag.

Its actually a fairly common occurrence here in Florida, just most dont make national news.
  • 11-24-2012
    DHbiker
    Glad the guy got his bike back. Maybe more people will think before stealing a bike from someone.
  • 11-24-2012
    SV11
    Glad to see the owner of the bike detained the thief. Having said that, the owner farked up royally from the begining. He left his bike unattended and unlocked while he went into a store. Thats like dangling a big wad of cash infront of a thief, they are going to take it no matter what, and it if wasn't that thief it would of been a different thief. Then he catches up to the thief and detains him, thats great but he took out his own fark up on the thief, which imm is totally worng. It was the owners fault in the begining, seeing him walk off with no penalties proves you can spit on the law and suffer no repercussion, how often have you seen perps beaten up by police after they have been detained....
  • 11-24-2012
    shwinn8
    yeah, bike thieves really let locks get in their way.. and it wasn't the owners fault, the guy who got his ass beat was the one who made the conscious decision to steal the bike and thus his actions were met with a reaction that i'm sure anyone else would have duplicated