Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

bike-thief-beat-down passion

16K views 209 replies 58 participants last post by  kjlued 
#1 ·
#5 ·
HAHAHA the thief deserved everything he got, well done for the cops by not arresting the bike owner, this is true justice, pity his hands wernt 'accidently' chopped off too, thats known to put a stop to future thieving....

#7 ·
My wife and I laughed our asses off at the pic of the thief..
A couple years ago, in Orlando, some dirtbag broke into our truck and got my backpack. We saw all sorts of begging and scamming.
Glad this one played out just like it did.

BTW, anyone ever use a lock?

#24 ·
Glad to see the owner of the bike detained the thief. Having said that, the owner farked up royally from the begining. He left his bike unattended and unlocked while he went into a store. Thats like dangling a big wad of cash infront of a thief, they are going to take it no matter what, and it if wasn't that thief it would of been a different thief. Then he catches up to the thief and detains him, thats great but he took out his own fark up on the thief, which imm is totally worng. It was the owners fault in the begining, seeing him walk off with no penalties proves you can spit on the law and suffer no repercussion, how often have you seen perps beaten up by police after they have been detained....

#55 ·
Glad to see the owner of the bike detained the thief. Having said that, the owner farked up royally from the begining. He left his bike unattended and unlocked while he went into a store. Thats like dangling a big wad of cash infront of a thief, they are going to take it no matter what, and it if wasn't that thief it would of been a different thief. Then he catches up to the thief and detains him, thats great but he took out his own fark up on the thief, which imm is totally worng. It was the owners fault in the begining, seeing him walk off with no penalties proves you can spit on the law and suffer no repercussion, how often have you seen perps beaten up by police after they have been detained....
please tell me you are fucking kidding me?

A person should be able to leave their property unattended, and think that it should be there when they get back. That sh!t that you said is basically saying it's OK to steal stuff, wise up mate.

#25 · (Edited)
yeah, bike thieves really let locks get in their way.. and it wasn't the owners fault, the guy who got his ass beat was the one who made the conscious decision to steal the bike and thus his actions were met with a reaction that i'm sure anyone else would have duplicated

#26 ·
yeah, bike thieves really let locks get in their way
In this case it would of. employees of the food mart where he was at noticed him keeping a close watch of his bike, if he noticed someone there he would of been there on top of him in seconds, some locks take more than seconds to cut through, plus not every thief carries bolt cutters with them. You need a deterrent no matter what. The bike owner stuffed up no matter which way you look at it, he put himself in that situation.

#28 ·
unless i'm reading the posted story wrong, there is nothing that says whether or not if the bike was locked up or not so from what the letters on the computer screen that i'm reading your comment has no backing. regardless, it wasn't the owners fault, the guy who got his ass beat was the one who made the conscious decision to steal the bike and thus his actions were met with a reaction that i'm sure anyone else would have duplicated

#29 ·
Well if it was locked id back him to chase him down and do whatever he can to detain the perp, but I seriously doubt it was locked. There was no mention of the bike being locked, police report says he "took" the bike, it's safe to assume it wasn't locked. If it was locked that would of been something that was echoed in the report or in the news item to have more leniency for the victim.

the guy who got his ass beat was the one who made the conscious decision to steal the bike and thus his actions were met with a reaction that i'm sure anyone else would have duplicated
Some people obviously aren't from this planet or they live under a rock, but the planet I"m from (Earth) there are people among us that are labelled "thieves". They have been with us from the start and will be to the end. It's not a new phenomenon. It's like leaving your car in a shopping complex carpark, leaving the windows down, door unlocked and keys in the ignition, who in their right mind would do that?

#33 ·
" OK, and how many do you see with keys in the ignition and without insurance? "

here in california? that's a dumb question! lol

"I'm done playing games until you comeback with something concrete"

that goes both ways :thumbsup:

#34 ·
Saying it is the owners fault is just like saying it is a rape victims fault she got raped.

Now, that being said, the owner was a dumb ass for not locking the bike up but last time I checked, it isn't illegal to be a dumb ass in this country.

And yes, locked up bikes get stolen all the time but it is less likely and I would bet a lock would have stopped this guy.

#35 ·
A bike is just a thing, and while I would hate to have any of mine stolen (for the record, I have had one stolen), I sure don't see how it would say anything positive to my humanity if I beat someone because they took it. Stealing a bike is not cool, but try to be human about this situation.

#39 ·
Next I guess we will blame the system that created the thief. I mean the guy is possibly a drug addict, maybe jobless and most likely lacks a decent education because the system failed him.:rolleyes:

The "fault" only lays on the shoulders of the thief not the employees.
It was no more the responsibility of the employees to notice that the bike was being stolen and do something than it was responsibility of the owner to lock the bike up.

The owner acted irresponsibly by not locking the bike up when it was out of his sight.
The employees if they actually noticed it was being stolen and did or said nothing may have acted dishonorably. If they did notice it, the only thing they could do is tell the owner and they may not have known who or where he was.
However, the fault solely lies on the shoulders of the thief who should have never touched something that didn't belong to him.

#44 ·
Well, anyone can comment even if they have no idea what it is like to be on the other side of the fence. ;)

The question is were does the barbarianism stop?
Who gets to make the decision on what type of theft loses a limb?
Many people feel the same about drug addicts as you do about thieves.
Maybe some people believe that drug addicts are just a drain on society and since they are killing themselves anyways we should just end it for them so society doesn't have to take care of them. What about all the other crimes meth heads commit? Since there is too much of chance that they may commit murder, we should kill them all.
Sure, you may not do it anymore but we all know that you could be just one bad moment away from getting hooked again. We can't take that chance so we need to end your life too. (I don't really feel that way but you see where barbarianism can lead).

I despise a thief too (well, not so much the thief but the crime) and feel they should be punished. Limb removal is a bit excessive though. As far as the beating this guy endured, I don't want to say he deserved it, but he did ask for it. So like I said before, I get no enjoyment from seeing it but I don't feel sorry for him either.

On a side note, good job on cleaning up your life. I know it was hard you deserve to be commended for it. :thumbsup:

#45 ·
Fair call mate, im not going to argue any of your points, they are very valid and i can see the angle your coming from.
I dont know the answer, there are so many different levels of crime, so many reasons why people do it.
There are so many types of drug addicts, some meth addicts inject and every minute of the day they are consumed buy their habit and sell their soul for it, some like i was still held down a job and hid it the best i could, i never injected as i had other means of consumption and i know many like myself that could still somewhat function and have a life, but at the end of the day i was still a slave to it to a big degree..
I really dont have an answer to this, i will go back to the drawing board and have a think about what youve said as they are very valid points.
cheers mate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.