Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    mtbr member
    don't steal marcellus wallace's bike! or his soul!

Pulp Fiction Apartment Scene - YouTube

i would still make appoint to break a thumb or 2
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

Rogue Exterminator
    Kind of an eye opener

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    They either got real lucky with the cops or they first notified the cops they were doing it. There was 1 across the street in the first attempt, and it looked like the car was empty in the last one.

It's sad that so many people saw this happening and didn't say anything. People don't say anything anymore, or call anyone out. Everyone keeps to themselves lest they get caught up in someone elses business.

And why didn't he use a battery operated grinder? You aren't gonna find a plug in next to every bike you plan to steal.

Retro on Steroids
    Had two bikes stolen out of my house in the '70s, identical Colnagos belonging to my roommate and myself.

A friend spotted my frame being stripped of its distinctive paint (my bike club colors) in a yard a couple of miles from our house, and tipped me off. My roommate and I arrived and found the frames, sans components. My frame was on the porch, reeking of Jasco paint remover. We entered without knocking. I told the occupant of the house that I was going to throw the TV through the front window if I didn't find out where the rest of the two bikes were.

He wouldn't tell us, but his girlfriend was terrified, and gave up a name, which appeared to cause some friction between them. It took us a while, because there was no Internet available, but we found out where the guy lived. By the time the two of us arrived at the house, it was late and the Tonight Show was on a TV inside. The front door was open, so I walked up the front stairs and tapped at the screen door. A voice asked what was up. I asked for "Andy," and the voice said he was downstairs in his room.

We walked down the stairs and around the house and found a downstairs door. The two of us walked in, in total darkness, in a house where we didn't know the layout. I called out, "Andy?" and a sleepy voice answered from what turned out to be a bedroom.

We burst in the door to the room and flipped on the light. We found Andy and his girlfriend both in bed, both naked. We told Andy in no uncertain terms that we were here for the bike parts. There were two of us and Andy was naked, and he had no resistance in him. He didn't ask, "What bike parts?" Apparently he knew which bike parts we meant. While his girlfriend cried and hid under a sheet, Andy, still naked, dragged a box of bike components out of a closet. We took them and left, and later found that we had more parts than we needed to restore the two bikes.

Since I needed to paint my bike, I contacted Andy's dad, who had been the voice that directed us to his bedroom, and told him I wanted a hundred bucks for my trouble. He gave it to us, and I took the opportunity to tell him what a lowlife his son was. He didn't have much of an argument.

Of course we reported to the local police what had taken place, but they said we had no business doing what we did, and that we were lucky they were going to leave us alone about it.

I heard that some years later, Andy disappeared and has not been seen since.
    It don't mean a feng if it ain't got that
    shui.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    Of course we reported to the local police what had taken place, but they said we had no business doing what we did, and that we were lucky they were going to leave us alone about it.
    Well I kind of agree.

Although your outcome was good, you broke the law to achieve it.

Think of all the things that could have gone wrong in this scenario.
    Worst of which, the guys could have shot and killed you and they would have been within in their rights to do so.

Glad it turned out well for you but for somebody else it may not and a bike just is not worth taking those kinds of risks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Well I kind of agree.

Think of all the things that could have gone wrong in this scenario.
    Worst of which, the guys could have shot and killed you and they would have been within in their rights to do so.

Glad it turned out well for you but for somebody else it may not and a bike just is not worth taking those kinds of risks.
    Cool story though

Retro on Steroids
    When we asked about "Andy," we were directed by an occupant of the house to his location. We entered through an unlocked door, so it wasn't B&E. When I called a name, someone answered, which I took to be an invitation. When I asked, not very politely to be sure, about some bike parts, he gave them up. I never laid a finger on anyone, but I brought a TOWERING rage with me that seemed to inspire cooperation.

Not sure what I might have done that was illegal, but I'm not a lawyer or a cop. Please explain.
    It don't mean a feng if it ain't got that
    shui.

Rogue Exterminator
    Door doesn't have to be locked to have it considered B&E

You entered the first house without permission and it seems you didn't have permission to enter the second house.

You terrorized and threatened destruction of personal property.
    And it almost seems like you strong armed Andy's dad for $100

That just scratches the surface of broken laws and I am sure there were several others.

Not that I would steal a bike, but if you were to bust in my room like that, the outcome for you would not have been favorable as I am a pretty good shot. If the first people or Andy would have armed I doubt we would be having this conversation.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    When we asked about "Andy," we were directed by an occupant of the house to his location. We entered through an unlocked door, so it wasn't B&E. When I called a name, someone answered, which I took to be an invitation. When I asked, not very politely to be sure, about some bike parts, he gave them up. I never laid a finger on anyone, but I brought a TOWERING rage with me that seemed to inspire cooperation.

Not sure what I might have done that was illegal, but I'm not a lawyer or a cop. Please explain.
    You really should have been armed; other than that, good job.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    You really should have been armed; other than that, good job.
    What if he was armed and the thief was also armed.
    Then the thief reached for his gun and Repack shot and killed the guy.

Now you have a case of premeditated murder and Repack would have been locked up in prison for a long time, possibly life. All that over a bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Door doesn't have to be locked to have it considered B&E

You entered the first house without permission and it seems you didn't have permission to enter the second house.

You terrorized and threatened destruction of personal property.
    And it almost seems like you strong armed Andy's dad for $100

That just scratches the surface of broken laws and I am sure there were several others.

Not that I would steal a bike, but if you were to bust in my room like that, the outcome for you would not have been favorable as I am a pretty good shot. If the first people or Andy would have armed I doubt we would be having this conversation.
    Cool story bro. I'm not reading all that.

mtbr member
    Repack! was the girl cute?
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by joshh View Post
    Cool story bro. I'm not reading all that.
    I am sorry that 7 little lines is too much for you to read.

mtbr member
    I heard that some years later, Andy disappeared and has not been seen since.

Good story Repack! Some might not go so far for a bike but they were Colnagos after all!

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    Repack! was the girl cute?
    Yeah, inquiring minds want to know!

-S

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I am sorry that 7 little lines is too much for you to read.
    Not reading all that
    I know, reading is tough...

Wanderer
    The thief got what he deserved. Not to light, not to harsh. Perfect punishment.

I liked Repacked story as well. Glad it ended well.

I am the Tin Man!
    Laws are for law abiding folks. I dont think I would have the guts to chase down the guy who stole my bike into his bedroom but my hat is off to RR for doing it.

I found a stolen bike of mine when I was a kid and tried to get it back. It was a mongoose bmx that was built for me by my dads friend who worked at a bike shop. We were poor and it was built out of left over and used parts so it was pretty easy to identify it when I saw it. I called the cops, they showed up said nothing they could do about it and it wasnt my bike anymore. So like I said, laws are for law abiding folks.
    Flying the HiFi...Clyde style.

SOMEBODY I LOVE NEEDS A HEART!

I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

mtbr member
    Nice, glad to see he got what was coming!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    i could sure use some beat-down justice right now. Just had my Surly Moonlander stolen in broad daylight. Cops didn't seem to interested to help either. Terrible

Rogue Exterminator
    I know, reading is tough...

Oh wow, did I hurt your little feelings so much in another thread you had to drag it over here?

Did you stalk me to look for an opportunity to "get even".
    I had a feeling that is why you did it....how pathetic.

Difference was my comment was in reference to a novel.
    Yours was in reference to 7 little lines of reading.

Nice try....not really.

I am sure you will soon start resorting to anonymous negative rep like all the other pathetic dip sh!ts.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    No, you didn't hurt my feelings. I've just noticed some general d-bag like behavior from you in a few posts, so figured I would flip you some shlt.
    I wouldn't anonymously give you neg rep. I'll let you know when it's me telling you you're retarded.

I see you can't take it very well, so this could be fun...

Rogue Exterminator
    No, you didn't hurt my feelings. I've just noticed some general d-bag like behavior from you in a few posts, so figured I would flip you some shlt.
    I wouldn't anonymously give you neg rep. I'll let you know when it's me telling you you're retarded.

I see you can't take it very well, so this could be fun...
    Trust me, I take it just fine, but you just can't dish it well.

Learn to read 7 lines and then come back and talk to me.

BTW, dragging your beef in to another thread is.... well....just gay.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Rogue Exterminator
    That is what I thought, you have nothing.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast