Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    See under my name there, it says Sydney Australia, next to the word location, that generally means that the person lives in that place.....
    yeah no shitt I was just asking cause it sounded like you were speaking for both of us, but I live in merica mate. just wondering how you have your finger on the pulse of what's going on in my country.

Hi.
    SV11 is on crack. NEVER is it the fault of an owner when his/her property is stolen. As a former victim of bike theft (my thief had big-ass bolt cutters,) I think the beating was well-justified.

I would have no problem kicking the shi*t out of a guy who steals my bike. Even if he doesn't really fight back. Just hope nobody's watching....

In other news, I'm an idiot and can't leave rep properly.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    A fight could be one sided.

The thief could have just been trying to get away and begging for mercy and of course people are still going to say their was a fight.

Still, if he would have left his hands off the bike, he would not have been beaten.

Wrong

Their is a degree of reasonable force.
    You just can't go swinging weapons around all willy nilly.
    With your logic, you could keep shooting somebody as long as they are not on the ground in the fetal position.
    Even if somebody is coming at you, hitting them baseball bat can be considered excessive force.
    If anyone comes at me or my family, they will indeed face "excessive" force - hopefully the next person the perp comes at has a ramp for the scum's new wheelchair.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    A fight could be one sided.

The thief could have just been trying to get away and begging for mercy and of course people are still going to say their was a fight.

Still, if he would have left his hands off the bike, he would not have been beaten.
    A one sided fight is called a beat down. If the bike owner would have beat down the thief, then there would have been an obligation for the police to arrest the owner on suspicion of assault. It goes back to what I'm about to rediscuss below, self defense.

Wrong

Their is a degree of reasonable force.
    You just can't go swinging weapons around all willy nilly.
    With your logic, you could keep shooting somebody as long as they are not on the ground in the fetal position.
    Even if somebody is coming at you, hitting them baseball bat can be considered excessive force.
    You took what I said out of context, or just misinterpreted it. I did not say the person has to be in the fetal position before you stop. I said that you stop once the attacker is no longer posing a threat.
    I also did not say that you can hit someone in the head with a bat. I said if you do, and they are still coming at you, then do it again. That would be part of the "stopping them from posing a threat". But you're right, a bat to the head was a bad example. That can be considered assault with a deadly weapon, if you aren't defending yourself... Shoot him in the face instead.
    With my logic, not your interpretation of it, you unload the clip if he is still coming at you. You don't pull the trigger if he sees the gun and immediately stops or runs away.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    SV11 is on crack. NEVER is it the fault of an owner when his/her property is stolen. As a former victim of bike theft (my thief had big-ass bolt cutters,) I think the beating was well-justified.

I would have no problem kicking the shi*t out of a guy who steals my bike. Even if he doesn't really fight back. Just hope nobody's watching....

In other news, I'm an idiot and can't leave rep properly.
    Yeah it farkn is. If i leave my bike unlocked in a busy environment and it gets stolen, who's fault is it? It's my fault for being an ass and not securing the bike. It's up to the owner if he wants to prevent theft, there are insinuating circumstances at times, but generally the onus is on the owner. You really don't understand what a thief's job is.
    If i do see a perp trying to cut the cable lock, I'd do everything in my power to detain the perp and notify the authorities. The reason being I want it on record. Beating the perp is way too easy (for me anyway, trained in KM), why let the thief off with a beating, to me its not enough.
    When you get a parking ticket, who do you blame, the ticketing officer or yourself? Wake the fark up
    Last edited by SV11; 11-28-2012 at 05:42 PM.

mtbr member
    you won't have to worry SV11, i'm guessing you never actually leave the safety of the confines of your own house with all the crazy people stealing things
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    If i leave my bike unlocked in a busy environment and it gets stolen, who's fault is it?
    Your parking lot ticket isn't a good analogy. It's more like saying the woman that dresses provocatively is at fault for being raped (obviously extreme example, I know). It's not the fault of the owner if something gets stolen, it is the fault of the thief that stole it. The owner won't get charged with bike theft, the person at fault for the theft will.
    Whether or not the owner could have made it more difficult is a different story, but stupidity for not securing the bike properly doesn't make it their fault. Besides, if the right thief wants something bad enough they will find a way to take it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by joshh View Post
    Your parking lot ticket isn't a good analogy. It's more like saying the woman that dresses provocatively is at fault for being raped (obviously extreme example, I know). It's not the fault of the owner if something gets stolen, it is the fault of the thief that stole it. The owner won't get charged with bike theft, the person at fault for the theft will.
    Whether or not the owner could have made it more difficult is a different story, but stupidity for not securing the bike properly doesn't make it their fault. Besides, if the right thief wants something bad enough they will find a way to take it.
    Well, the thief is a scumbag. But, the reality is, and it's a sad reality thats its to be expected in todays society, 50 yrs ago you would have no problems doing that (leaving the bike unsecured) but not in todays climate. You guys are looking for pittyful excuses.
    Why you guys always bring rape into the equation baffles me, we are talking about theft, not rape, you cannot compare the two.

mtbr member
    with that logic every body who brings a bike to a DH/XC/SD/4X.. ect race event should lock their bikes up when not in use. damn that would be a ***** having to carry a lock during a race!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    with that logic every body who brings a bike to a DH/XC/SD/4X.. ect race event should lock their bikes up when not in use. damn that would be a ***** having to carry a lock during a race!
    You are a right royal idiot. I just realised what type of crowd I'm conversing with in this thread, I'm pulling myself out of this thread, have a nice day chaps.

mtbr member
    human curiosity says you'll be back ...
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

the half breed devil

mtbr member
    i'm not a right loyal idiot, i'm just a realist who sometimes calls it as it is.

sorry that the big bad words on the computer screen beat you
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

the half breed devil

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by fotu View Post
    yeah no shitt I was just asking cause it sounded like you were speaking for both of us, but I live in merica mate. just wondering how you have your finger on the pulse of what's going on in my country.
    No, but im as educated as i need to be to understand how civilised countries operate, and understand the nature of human beings, and how serious drugs effect society and people,, and your constant personal attacks and name calling of everybody in this thread that doesnt see it your way has unfortunatly for you shown your hand and true colours, cheers

Edited, Apologies Fotu, the name calling part was directed at SV11, you didnt do that at all, sorry mate.....retracted.....
    Last edited by Tone's; 11-28-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    You are a right royal idiot. I just realised what type of crowd I'm conversing with in this thread, I'm pulling myself out of this thread, have a nice day chaps.
    BWAHAHAHA, what a great loss to this thread, i'll see if i can pull him back in, here SV11, here boy.........
    C'mon buddy, we miss you......come back......this thread is nothing without you mate...

mtbr member
    No, but im as educated as i need to be to understand how civilised countries operate, and understand the nature of human beings, and how serious drugs effect society and people,, and your constant personal attacks and name calling of everybody in this thread that doesnt see it your way has unfortunatly for you shown your hand and true colours, cheers
    Personal attacks and name calling? I didn't do any of that. Are you high right now?

Quote Originally Posted by fotu View Post
    Personal attacks and name calling? I didn't do any of that. Are you high right now?
    Sorry mate, my apologies, i mistook you for SV11, my mistake, sorry mate......

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Edited, Apologies Fotu, the name calling part was directed at SV11, you didnt do that at all, sorry mate.....retracted.....
    Just to clear it up, I only called shwinn8 a right royal idiot, reason being he's arguing just for the sake of arguing and not making any ground. I call it as is and I never beat around the bush.
    As for the personal attacks, I attack the post, not the poster except in schwinn8's case. It's all there in black and white if you don't believe me.
    Now I'm done.
    Last edited by SV11; 11-28-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    If anyone comes at me or my family, they will indeed face "excessive" force - hopefully the next person the perp comes at has a ramp for the scum's new wheelchair.
    Well, there is a difference between somebody coming at you and your family vs somebody chasing somebody down.

Example, if a perp comes in your house you can shoot him but as he is coming in, but if you wait to he is leaving you will be charged with a crime.

If somebody comes yelling at your wife and kids, and you just start beating them with a bat, you will be charged with a crime. Now if that same guy is waiving a bat in the air and you have reason to believe he will hit them, the start slugging.

A one sided fight is called a beat down. If the bike owner would have beat down the thief, then there would have been an obligation for the police to arrest the owner on suspicion of assault. It goes back to what I'm about to rediscuss below, self defense.
    Schematics

But lets take the word at face value. It must have been a real fight because the media would never lie or spin something.

You took what I said out of context, or just misinterpreted it. I did not say the person has to be in the fetal position before you stop. I said that you stop once the attacker is no longer posing a threat.
    I also did not say that you can hit someone in the head with a bat. I said if you do, and they are still coming at you, then do it again. That would be part of the "stopping them from posing a threat". But you're right, a bat to the head was a bad example. That can be considered assault with a deadly weapon, if you aren't defending yourself... Shoot him in the face instead.
    With my logic, not your interpretation of it, you unload the clip if he is still coming at you. You don't pull the trigger if he sees the gun and immediately stops or runs away.
    I didn't take it out of context, you didn't explain yourself well and left it too open.

Yeah it farkn is. If i leave my bike unlocked in a busy environment and it gets stolen, who's fault is it? It's my fault for being an ass and not securing the bike. It's up to the owner if he wants to prevent theft, there are insinuating circumstances at times, but generally the onus is on the owner. You really don't understand what a thief's job is.
    If i do see a perp trying to cut the cable lock, I'd do everything in my power to detain the perp and notify the authorities. The reason being I want it on record. Beating the perp is way too easy (for me anyway, trained in KM), why let the thief off with a beating, to me its not enough.
    When you get a parking ticket, who do you blame, the ticketing officer or yourself? Wake the fark up
    Again you mix up fault with responsibility.

It was the owners responsibility to secure the bike.
    It was thief's fault it was stolen.

The thief was the ass, the owner was an idiot.

BTW, did it ever occur to you that obviously the thief didn't get very far. Considering it only takes a few seconds to be gone, the bike may have never left his sight.

I see, since everyone disagrees with you, everyone else is an idiot?

Just to clear it up, I only called shwinn8 a right royal idiot, reason being he's arguing just for the sake of arguing and not making any ground. I call it as is and I never beat around the bush.
    As for the personal attacks, I attack the post, not the poster except in schwinn8's case. It's all there in black and white if you don't believe me.
    Now I'm done.
    I don't believe you.

You will be back.

Formerly of Kent
    <---- Shoots people for a living.

And, I wouldn't beat the guy. I'd use the minimum amount force necessary to stop him. Restrain him until the authorities got there, then let them handle it.

I have to imagine that dude's life is pretty bad already, if he's resorting to stealing bikes. Me beating the tar out of him isn't going to help rehabilitate him any faster.

Cheers,

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    <---- Shoots people for a living.

And, I wouldn't beat the guy. I'd use the minimum amount force necessary to stop him. Restrain him until the authorities got there, then let them handle it.

I have to imagine that dude's life is pretty bad already, if he's resorting to stealing bikes. Me beating the tar out of him isn't going to help rehabilitate him any faster.

Cheers,

Andy
    LOL, Le Duke ''shoots people for a living'' ''And , i wouldnt beat the guy''
    Well shut the thread then !!!!!! the bloke that shoots people for a living has spoken..

Le Duke, whats your quota for the week, how many people do you shoot a week? and is there bonuses involved ?
    How many people have you shot Andy, and what do you do for a job that involves ''shooting people for a living'' im only asking because you wernt shy in telling us ..
    What are you a hitman or something mate?

Hi.
    You left me negative rep, and misspelled "imbocile." Oh, the irony!

The word "steal" inherently means someone taking something that doesn't belong to them. Period. The person doing the taking is guilty, not the owner of the item.

Your parking ticket analogy shows how much of an "imbocile" you are, with clearly little cognitive abilities or comprehension of fundamental laws of possession. Good job.

Flow like water
    LOL, Le Duke ''shoots people for a living'' ''And , i wouldnt beat the guy''
    Well shut the thread then !!!!!! the bloke that shoots people for a living has spoken..

Le Duke, whats your quota for the week, how many people do you shoot a week? and is there bonuses involved ?
    How many people have you shot Andy, and what do you do for a job that involves ''shooting people for a living'' im only asking because you wernt shy in telling us ..
    What are you a hitman or something mate?
    Tone's,

Le Duke's avatar "Ranger", suggests that he is a US Army Ranger. His profile says he is stationed in Ft Hood Oregon. He's just saying that he is a soldier. "Trained killer" is accurate, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DavyRay View Post
    Tone's,

Le Duke's avatar "Ranger", suggests that he is a US Army Ranger. His profile says he is stationed in Ft Hood Oregon. He's just saying that he is a soldier. "Trained killer" is accurate, in my opinion.
    LOL, cheers Dave, i gathered that, but he said he ''shoots people for a living'' i wanted to know how many people he shoots a week and how many he has shot...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast