Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    It's funny getting hate comments (via rep) because I actually talked some sense.
    A lot of you seem to think we live in a fairytale, you people have no idea whats going on in the world. Thieves are here to stay, nothing you can do about that, but you can do something about being complacent. It was his fault his bike got stolen, had he had a lock, this thread would not exist, I think that statement cements my point.
    He put himself in that situation, not you or I, it was him. Not thinking about bike security is irresponsible, sometimes thats what it takes for people to wake up and realise that they live on planet Earth, where thieves do exist.
    You can go on daydreaming on ways to punish thieves, then come back to reality and realise nothing will be done about it, focus on prevention.
    It's the card we've been dealt, deal with it!

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    It's funny getting hate comments (via rep) because I actually talked some sense.
    A lot of you seem to think we live in a fairytale, you people have no idea whats going on in the world. Thieves are here to stay, nothing you can do about that, but you can do something about being complacent. It was his fault his bike got stolen, had he had a lock, this thread would not exist, I think that statement cements my point.
    He put himself in that situation, not you or I, it was him. Not thinking about bike security is irresponsible, sometimes thats what it takes for people to wake up and realise that they live on planet Earth, where thieves do exist.
    You can go on daydreaming on ways to punish thieves, then come back to reality and realise nothing will be done about it, focus on prevention.
    First off, people who give bad rep for an opinion just because they don't agree with it are kind of childish morons especially when they don't have the balls to sign it and they almost never have the balls.

That being said, you are mistaking fault with responsibility.
    It wasn't his fault that somebody tried to steal it however, it was his responsibility to reasonably secure the bike. His irresponsibility created a situation where a thief could more easily steal his bike. However, the fault still solely lies on the thief.

mtbr member
    when will you be featured on Doomsday Preppers SV11?
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

the half breed devil
    if the victim of the theft had locked his bike...and the thief had broken it anyway...that's all the more reason for a sound thrashing.

the thief put himself in a position to be thumped.
    Last edited by shekky; 11-25-2012 at 11:20 AM.

passed out in your garden
    Glad to see the owner of the bike detained the thief. Having said that, the owner farked up royally from the begining. He left his bike unattended and unlocked while he went into a store. Thats like dangling a big wad of cash infront of a thief, they are going to take it no matter what, and it if wasn't that thief it would of been a different thief. Then he catches up to the thief and detains him, thats great but he took out his own fark up on the thief, which imm is totally worng. It was the owners fault in the begining, seeing him walk off with no penalties proves you can spit on the law and suffer no repercussion, how often have you seen perps beaten up by police after they have been detained....
    please tell me you are fucking kidding me?

A person should be able to leave their property unattended, and think that it should be there when they get back. That sh!t that you said is basically saying it's OK to steal stuff, wise up mate.
    2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

Frt Range, CO
    ...You can go on daydreaming on ways to punish thieves, then come back to reality and realise nothing will be done about it, focus on prevention.
    Not true, it's much cheaper to lock up thieves and keep them out of society, petty criminals steal ~$100K per year, it only costs $25k to jail them. You seem to be blaming the victim, he has every right to park his bike and expect it to be there when he returns. The thief will think twice before stealing another bike, the near-victim did the world a favor. Sounds as if the judge is going to add a little more misery for the thief.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmg71 View Post

A person should be able to leave their property unattended, and think that it should be there when they get back. That sh!t that you said is basically saying it's OK to steal stuff, wise up mate.
    I agree. You should be able to leave property unattended and not have to worry about someone taking it and there are probably places where you can do so- Mayberry circa 1959 would be one such place. In reality, you can't. I don't think anyone would leave a wallet on the ground in front of a convenience store and expect it to be there when they got back. Bicycles are one of those items that are a known criminal target. You can fight this reality by nervously watching your bike, chasing down thugs and kicking their asses or you can lock it up and relax. The reed or the oak- your choice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    The reed or the oak- your choice.
    Mind blown...
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    For the record though, I do think castrating then burning people who molest children is a good idea. No punishment is too harsh for somebody like that.
    Get all sharia on his ass...?

Then the DNA evidence comes out and someone needs a transplant.

bike wisperer
    Thieves do not need to be understood, they need a beating. Bike thieves need a beating X 2..
    Consciousness, that annoying time between bike rides.

I am the Tin Man!
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    when will you be featured on Doomsday Preppers SV11?
    I know when I will be on there, as soon as they quit being such moderate pansies and really start laying up the ammo! Those guys are all amatures.
    Flying the HiFi...Clyde style.

SOMEBODY I LOVE NEEDS A HEART!

I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    please tell me you are fucking kidding me?

In a perfect world, yes, but this isnt the world we live in, it's obvious you are not from this planet, leave your **** unattended, please do and see what happens.Your a classic example of living in a fairytale!
    There is a reason why we buy bike locks, car alarms, house alarms, locks on windows, car/home insurance etc etc. I bet my bottom dollar you have one or more of those security items, and you know exactly the reason why we have them.

Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    First off, people who give bad rep for an opinion just because they don't agree with it are kind of childish morons especially when they don't have the balls to sign it and they almost never have the balls..
    Exactly, it's not the first time either, the gutless farkers don't realise it's your opinion, you can disagree with it but it's still my opinion, and respect it. The morons think they have the last say by abusing the rep system.
    But, heres the disturbing part, I know who they are from.
    Last edited by SV11; 11-25-2012 at 09:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    thumbs up

mtbr member
    did the big bad words on the computer screen make you mad? i hate it when they do that. those mean words!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    thank you SV11, i needed a good laugh today
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Yea

mtbr member
    The morons think they have the last say by abusing the rep system.
    But, heres the disturbing part, I know who they are from
    welcome to the big wide world of the internet?
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

passed out in your garden
    In a perfect world, yes, but this isnt the world we live in, it's obvious you are not from this planet, leave your **** unattended, please do and see what happens.Your a classic example of living in a fairytale!
    Welcome to my fairytale;
    • -my bike is rarely locked, only if it will be left for more than say 4 hrs
    • -where I park it when at the shops, I cant see it
    • -I have no bike insurance
    • -the house is seldom locked
    • -the car is never locked
    • -my 2 young kids ride to school by themselves, ~3kms
    • -if my wallet was on the ground, it might not be there when I get back, but I know I will get it back

As far as house & car insurance goes, of course we need them, we have invested heavily in both and a fire/accident/mother nature can destroy these quite quickly, then we are out of pocket. I think the last break in here happened about 2yrs ago, dude came home a 'little' drunk, went to the wrong house, passed out on couch.

Your planet sounds like it sucks, maybe a few "beat downs" will help steer your planet in the correct direction
    2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

Ridin' Furry
    Internet forums are serious business.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskywolf View Post
    Internet forums are serious business.
    no $H!*! they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true! i know because i read it on the internet
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Welcome to my fairytale;
    • -my bike is rarely locked, only if it will be left for more than say 4 hrs
    • -where I park it when at the shops, I cant see it
    • -I have no bike insurance
    • -the house is seldom locked
    • -the car is never locked
    • -my 2 young kids ride to school by themselves, ~3kms
    • -if my wallet was on the ground, it might not be there when I get back, but I know I will get it back

As far as house & car insurance goes, of course we need them, we have invested heavily in both and a fire/accident/mother nature can destroy these quite quickly, then we are out of pocket. I think the last break in here happened about 2yrs ago, dude came home a 'little' drunk, went to the wrong house, passed out on couch.

Your planet sounds like it sucks, maybe a few "beat downs" will help steer your planet in the correct direction
    That does not apply if you live in a city or suburbs. Living out in the sticks, outback, country or whatever you want to call it, you can afford to be more complacent, but most of us reside in the city or populated areas, thieves reside and work in areas where there are lot of opportunies and morons to take advantage of, hence why they are successful.

the half breed devil
    i am proud to have initiated a post which has ignited such um, passion.

regardless of where you are, who you are or what the social mores are where you live...if you take something which does not belong to you without the owner's permission, one assumes the risk of whatever happens to you in the future, up to and including severe beating/death/arrest.

if i leave my unlocked, unattended property in front of my house and somebody steals it, that's my fault for being a mindless lummox. but once again, the person who unlawfully takes possession of said property assumes the risk of severe beating/death/arrest.

we live on a savage planet in savage times. this means that sometimes people who commit crimes against others are going to be punished beyond the limits of our legal system. i do not support behavior like this becoming the norm in my community or anywhere else...but there are times that i'm going to give tacit approval to a beat down where a beat down is deserved.

mtbr member
    thieves reside and work in areas where there are lot of opportunies(< spelled that wrong) and morons to take advantage of, hence why they are successful.
    this isn't the face of a success, it's the face of failure,

'11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    SV11 if you believe that its ok to just take advantage of a situation irrelevant of morals as long as its to your advantage with no empathy to the victim then that qualifies you as a clinical psychopath. Try the Hares psychopathy checklist on yourself it may prove useful.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by moofish View Post
    SV11 if you believe that its ok to just take advantage of a situation irrelevant of morals as long as its to your advantage with no empathy to the victim then that qualifies you as a clinical psychopath. Try the Hares psychopathy checklist on yourself it may prove useful.
    Ofcourse it's not, I have never said that it was ok, and I can see a lot of readers have misinterpreted my posts. Do you honestly think thieves give a fark about morals, or your situation, ofcourse not. The only way to beat a thief is to think like one. You can sit here discussing a cure, the fact is there is no cure, just like aids, but you can prevent it from happening in nearly all cases. Prevention trumps cure.
    It would make more sense if you think of thieves as aids, there is no cure.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast