Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bike and camp marjorie harris carr cross florida greenway and santos trails

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  2ridealot 
#1 ·
Hey everyone

Im from plantation and tend to ride markham park. I just got my new ride and want to venture out a bit. Has anyone every biked and campedmthe subjectntrails. Is it possible to do? My plan would be to ride at day and sleep and drink at night in a tent around a camp fire.

Upon completing that one i would driven back down south hitting some predetermined trails.

Any opinions and thoughts? Thanks.

Jorgr

#2 ·
I've spent some time there. The Santos campground is pretty nice, with clean restrooms and showers. Pretty friendly staff, too. You can hit the trails right from the campground. The local cycling club has some helpful members. I've had some of the them ride with me a few times. Ocala Mountain Bike Association - Home

There are also three good shops there. Greenway bicycles is right across the street from the trails/campground, so you can pick up supplies and get good intel there. Really really nice folks.

I'd recommend this trip. It's an easy drive and there's so many miles of nice trails.

#7 ·
I second what Deep Thought has mentioned. I have been camping there for a few years and find it to be some of the best bike camping anywhere...for sure in FL. Make sure you either ride out or drive out to hit Nayls then Ern N Burn trails which are about 15 to 20 miles from the Santos campground. This post is making me want to go now.

Have a blast!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.