mtbr member

Bike-aholics Anonymous: "Hi, my name is....."

Join 'BAA' and share your addiction.

Hi my name is Carter and I'm a Bike-aholic.

I just got a new bike about 3 months ago but since then I can't stop thinking about and researching what my next new bike will be.

Full suspension for sure....
    29er, 650b, 27.5, 26, DW, VPP, Horst, 4-Bar, Maestro, 140, 150, 130, 160, 2x, 1x, 10, 11, carbon, CTD, Pike, Sweep, plush, brake dive, stiff, rails, grippy, sticky, dirt, beer, mmmmmm....beer, bacon, mmmmmm....bacon.
    I digress! Do you see what I mean though?

Thank you for listening. I think I'll go for a ride!
    You gotta Get Up to Get Down!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hi, my name is Kyle and I'm a Bike-aholic.
    I can't get enough of it. If I'm not riding, I'm thinking about riding or researching different bikes on the web.
    '14 Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disc 29
    '14 Trek Skye (Wife)
    '12 Specialized Crux Skittles
    '13 Specialized Allez Compact

MTB B'dos
    Sorry, no such thing, organizations like AAA are for those who have BAD problem and there's nothing bad about having an addiction to cycling or bikes. It 's only bad if you're a Bike Poser who just buys bikes to pose with at the trail head and never improves year after year, yet has the best/latest/greatest equipment.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My MTB vids

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I lost the passion for mountain biking for a long time after a pretty bad injury and surgical repair. Finally found it again.

The worst part? I just got a new bike (I needed a front yard).

I'm addicted again

mtbr member
    It's been 6 days since my last bike related purchase.

I'm stopping by the shop tonight after work. We'll see if there's a 7th day...
    The cake is a lie.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I have 6 bikes that I know of in the garage. One new frameset is on the way, and I am looking for, yet, another bike to build up. I have issues.

mtbr member
    When I sat down and counted, I realized I've had 26 hardtail 29ers. Is there a problem somewhere?

Maybe I shouldn't have counted the Peregrine as a 29er, that would make it look much better...

mtbr member
    My name is Gene. I am addicted to bikes too. If I am not riding one or working on one I am fitting some one on one. Oh yeah, I also like buying them.

mtbr member

Theme song....

You gotta Get Up to Get Down!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    ^^^^ for the win

mtbr member
    My name is Paul and I'm a bikeaholic. I just bought a 2013 Trek Gary Fisher Super-fly Elite and I'm already researching a full suspension bike. I'm kinda up in the air between a Yeti SB66 and a Fuel EX 9 or a Salsa Horsethief. I seriously need an intervention
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

Hey, wait up!
    mmmhmmmmm -- bikeahol -- gargghh

Name:  Simpson-cu-bicicleta_1357743837.png
Views: 269
Size:  40.8 KB
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

New Mexico Off Road Series

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Sorry, no such thing, organizations like AAA are for those who have BAD problem and there's nothing bad about having an addiction to cycling or bikes. It 's only bad if you're a Bike Poser who just buys bikes to pose with at the trail head and never improves year after year, yet has the best/latest/greatest equipment.
    Nice try LyNx...I do believe your next ride should include a search for your sense of humor. Perhaps an intervention is needed. Not sure that's included as an AAA membership benefit, I'll have to check.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Betarad View Post
    Nice try LyNx...I do believe your next ride should include a search for your sense of humor. Perhaps an intervention is needed. Not sure that's included as an AAA membership benefit, I'll have to check.
    Don't waste your time. The only kind of sense you'll get out of him is nonsense.

mtbr member
    Hi, my name is Phillip. My first 29er came a year ago(2013 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon), went back to a 26er two months ago(2013 S-Works Enduro Carbon), went back to a 29er two weeks ago(2014 Enduro Expert Carbon SE). Before this last year, my previous bike was a 2011 S-Works Stumpjumper 26er. Before that was a stable of bikes that I sold off to get bikes for my kids which have since been traded to get them new bikes as they have grown. Yes , I think I am a bikeaholic. But I ride 4-5 days a week with 6-8000 feet of climbing at least, with a few poses at the trailhead!

Trips for Kids Denver
    Howdy, my name is Andy. I have bought, sold or broke many bikes in my day. I am 40 years young and currently own an ancient 26" hard tail Raleigh mountain bike that I use as a commuter and once in a great while it sees an easy trail ride. I also have a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 roadie that sees use when the trails are too wet on the CO Front Range. I race about 3 times a year on a 2010 Superfly 100. I have a Yeti 303 DH bike that doesn't see nearly enough use! Same with a KTM 200XCW!!

My current obsession is a 2012 Rumblefish Elite that I have added a carbon flat bar, Ergon grips, Dropper seat post, 2.35 Front Butcher, 2.2 Rear Ground Control tubeless, XT Shadow Plus rear derailleur and just put on a 2014 Fox Talas 110-140 travel 34mm chassis *****in' fork. I already want 2X10 cranks, shifter & front derailleur. It's almost unrecognizable from when I bought it.

I might have a problem but at least I don't drink much or smoke.
    " I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "