Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    31

    Beyondbikes.getsnomoreofmybusiness.com

    I know a thread has been done on them before but bear with me:

    I check my email yesterday and see an email from them thanking me for my order. The first and only item I purchased from them was back in Sept. Of course I immediately fear that I am the new owner of a fleet of $2500 rides, which would be a dream come true if not for my current financial obligations. Not to mention my fears about the confidentiality of my credit card number and name, etc. So I call up their customer service and talk to "Kyle" who reports that about 10,000 of these emails were sent out to people due to a computer server error. I ask if "Kyle" has an operator number and he says no....go figure.
    Now this isn't a total bash on Beyondbikes....I ordered body armor from them and it was shipped on time and the packaging was good. No problems

    Needless to say, if there was any chance that I would order from them again...it is now gone.

    *Stepping off my soapbox and on to my bike*

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    397

    I'm on your team.

    Last winter, I ordered an Easton carbon seatpost.

    To make sure I got the '05 model, I called and specifically asked the rep for that. He assured me that's what I would receive.

    I got the '04.

    I called the warehouse and spoke to the supervisor of returns there. Can't remember his name.

    I figured that since I didn't even take the post out of it's plastic wrapper, a return authorization would not be a problem

    Wrong.

    The warehouse guy had nothing but attitude - which led to a 40-minute face off.

    My guess is that there were others in the room with him and he wanted to sound tough and impressive. My only hope was that he was on speakerphone because I let him know I ain't gonna take a bite out of his sh!t sandwiche.

    He eventually gave a return auth code. And when I called back a week later to inform him that UPS had record of it being received and signed for by his warehouse, he was a tad more in a customer-service mood.

    The incompetence of the clerk who took my order and the arrogance of the warehouse supervisor did nothing to get any more of my hard-earned cash.

    I deal primarily with:

    Jenson - Not once did I have problems with correct product, shipping, or returns

    Pricepoint - same as Jenson (and some of their Sette products are very nice for the money)

    Cambria - Never on time with their shipping; however, they do have a nice Price Buster feature which gives instant approval

    Now, the only time I'm on the beyondhope, er...beyondbikes is to get a price match for the aforementioned retailers.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    115

    You got Phished?

    Quote Originally Posted by wannagoforaride
    I know a thread has been done on them before but bear with me:

    I check my email yesterday and see an email from them thanking me for my order. The first and only item I purchased from them was back in Sept. Of course I immediately fear that I am the new owner of a fleet of $2500 rides, which would be a dream come true if not for my current financial obligations. Not to mention my fears about the confidentiality of my credit card number and name, etc. So I call up their customer service and talk to "Kyle" who reports that about 10,000 of these emails were sent out to people due to a computer server error. I ask if "Kyle" has an operator number and he says no....go figure.
    Now this isn't a total bash on Beyondbikes....I ordered body armor from them and it was shipped on time and the packaging was good. No problems

    Needless to say, if there was any chance that I would order from them again...it is now gone.

    *Stepping off my soapbox and on to my bike*

    These email scams are becoming very common? I wouldn't totally bash the merchent for this.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    62
    I also recieved a confirmation of two orders I had recieved from them(timely and accurate) a while back. So I called them and they relayed the mistake, saying disregard the emails, and offering an apology and a discount code as a gesture. Mistakes happen....big deal. The same day I recieved 6 emails saying I had new responses to topics I had posted in here at MTBR a while ago when there were not....just another computer mistake.No big deal.......

  5. #5
    Adobo Lover
    Reputation: 95Stumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    975
    I've been dealing with speedgoat.com for my last two orders. First order was a little mangled in shipping. The box was obviously recycled, which is cool, but probably should be reinforced a little more. It looked like it was crushed and there was a few gaping holes. Everything in the box was fine. I contacted speedgoat and they quickly apologized and told me to send them pics of the box. They also said if the parts in the box were found to be damaged once installed let them know. Everything turned out fine once installed. The second order came in a brand new box. They also have an instant price match option which I've used both times with success. Since I'm on the east coast and they are based in PA then I usually get my stuff quicker than ordering it from pricepoint and jenson(good experience with both of them). Props to speedgoat.

  6. #6
    Life is Good
    Reputation: Judd97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,499
    I live about 15 minutes from Speedgoat and I use their shop for just about all of my bike supply needs and I must say that every employee in there is helpful, honest and knowledgeable with our sport.

    The best thing about them is they are not in it for the money but rather for the love of the sport; you can go in there and ask them about a certain product and if they don't like it, they will tell you not to buy it and then suggest something else (often, something which costs less) that they believe to be a better deal.

    Nothing but praise for Speedgoat

  7. #7
    Interlectchewal
    Reputation: tvrbob86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,150

    Just when you thought BeyondBikes couldn't get any sleazier . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by wannagoforaride
    Needless to say, if there was any chance that I would order from them again...it is now gone.
    I posted this in the BeyondBikes thread on the Best Deals forum:
    I just decided to go to Alfred E. Bike and check out the Answer Kashmir winter shoes. Since I'm half asleep, I absentmindedly typed in "www.aebikes.com", rather than "www.aebike.com". Guess what website pops up when one types in "www.aebikes.com"?
    I've heard all of the horrible things people say here about BeyondBikes, but I was still giving them the benefit of doubt. No more. That's just too sleazy for me.

  8. #8
    those are Rollercams...
    Reputation: WTB-rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Judd97
    I live about 15 minutes from Speedgoat and I use their shop for just about all of my bike supply needs and I must say that every employee in there is helpful, honest and knowledgeable with our sport.

    The best thing about them is they are not in it for the money but rather for the love of the sport; you can go in there and ask them about a certain product and if they don't like it, they will tell you not to buy it and then suggest something else (often, something which costs less) that they believe to be a better deal.

    Nothing but praise for Speedgoat
    I've bought from Speedgoat several times and agree with everything you say except..."they are not in it for the money" This is America

    Truly a wealth of useless information.


    http://blackdogadventureteam.blogspot.com/

  9. #9
    Life is Good
    Reputation: Judd97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,499
    I've bought from Speedgoat several times and agree with everything you say except..."they are not in it for the money" This is America
    Haha well, they are in it for the money too, I guess, but they really do love bikes. My buddy and I once went to the store to pick up a carbon fiber handlebar and we got there five minutes before closing and we ended up just chilling out and talking to the employees about mountain biking and parts until a half hour or so after closing time. If any of you are from the Pittsburgh area, you'd know of Gattos, an LBS "line" in this area, and none of those shops would EVER help you like Speedgoat.

    Only problem with Speedgoat, in my opinion, is they don't carry Specialized

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Judd97

    Only problem with Speedgoat, in my opinion, is they don't carry Specialized


    I can never find Specialized jerseys anywhere (other than on their site). As Specialized is kinda "my brand" this bugs. Yea, I'm kind of a label whore...oh well. Anyone know of any online places that carries Specialized gear. For you Socal people....is that Rock n Road Cyclery "Specialized Concept Store" open yet?

    As far as getting Phished...I don't think this was the case. There was no link and they did not want me to confirm any type of personal info.

    yea, I'm kind of a label whore...oh well.

  11. #11
    those are Rollercams...
    Reputation: WTB-rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Judd97
    Haha well, they are in it for the money too, I guess, but they really do love bikes. My buddy and I once went to the store to pick up a carbon fiber handlebar and we got there five minutes before closing and we ended up just chilling out and talking to the employees about mountain biking and parts until a half hour or so after closing time. If any of you are from the Pittsburgh area, you'd know of Gattos, an LBS "line" in this area, and none of those shops would EVER help you like Speedgoat.

    Only problem with Speedgoat, in my opinion, is they don't carry Specialized

    They're a great shop, I wish I lived closer. I'm heading out that way next Spring or Summer and hoping to get in some riding and check out Speedgoat in person.

    Truly a wealth of useless information.


    http://blackdogadventureteam.blogspot.com/

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    45
    Ebay has this problem with these whacky emails you get after you sell something or buy or your item doesnt meet the reserve. These things just happen.
    ride bikes

  13. #13
    MTP
    MTP is offline
    Nothing to see here
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    893

    Me too.

    Aaaargh, I'm done with beyondbikes. I attempted to buy a Marz fork two weeks ago with their 20% off everything deal through the website. A week later, after I call about the status, I am informed that my order couldn't go through because the discount didn't apply to "that fork." Nice to call me, buttheads.

    Then, I get the e-mail that is referenced in this thread. More confusion.

    I live 5 minutes from the store. You think the internet and phone service is bad? These guys are unbelievably bad in person! I took my bike in for some brake bleed (discs were rubbing badly), got talked into a tune-up (for only $15 more dollars). A WEEK later, my bike is finally ready (after I called several times and more than 4 days after promised). I wheel the bike out of the store, only to notice that the brakes are rubbing just as bad as when I brought them in. A few days later, they were finally done.

    There's gotta be a better place than Performance or beyonbikes.com!

    Good experiences I've had:

    Greenfish. Good product, great prices, great customer service, no sale tax (for me)...

    Jenson. See above. Good service and quick delivery.

    Universalcycles. They were good some years ago. I don't know if they're stil the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •