Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Beautiful Weekend in Fruita

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ignazjr 
#1 ·
I arrived in Fruita on Thursday night and stayed through Saturday afternoon. Weather was perfect and I saw nobody on Lions Loop, Troy Built, Mack Ridge, or Zippity on Friday -- I bumped into a few people on other trails but not many. Bock arrived on Friday night and we rode in the GJ area on Saturday. Had a great time with him, his wife and their friend -- and (of course) had a great time on the trails. I didn't take anything but scene shots. Hopefully Bock will have some video together soon from the GJ ride.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Singletrack Pig said:
Man I miss that part of the world. Great pics as usual, and I like the new avatar. No more Glamourshot! D'oh!

Know where I can find a good mtb guidebook for the CO trail?
Oh man you would have loved this weekend -- just perfect weather. On Friday I rode Zippity and Joe's then drove to the Loma stuff and rode Moore Fun, Lions, Troy, Mack, and Marys. Long day and my legs were beat but what a great time. Have you ridden in the Bangs area in GJ? Crazy good stuff out there along the east side of the Monument. Sure you don't want to vacation in CO soon?

#7 ·
screampint said:
Sorry I missed you. I didn't see your post in the Western Slope board until it was too late. I didn't get to ride Friday, but rode out Rabbit Valley way Saturday and then in GJ on Sunday.
I was in the shop Friday picking up a jersey and then again on Saturday for more tubes (damn flats!) and I should have asked if you were around but I was always on a mission to get to the next trailhead. Maybe if I plan ahead next time we can get a group together. Trails were in great shape this weekend. Are you getting rain or snow out of this storm?

#8 · (Edited)
jasonb said:
Are you getting rain or snow out of this storm?
Storm? It's cooled off considerably, but no precipitation. It started to cool off during my Holy Cross ride yesterday. We started at about 10:30am in short sleeves and shorts and when we got back to the cars we were looking for more layers.

Maybe PM me next time. I don't always pay attention to what goes on here.

#9 ·
More photos

jasonb said:
I didn't take anything but scene shots. Hopefully Bock will have some video together soon from the GJ ride.
Great hanging out with you this weekend, Jason. I can't believe I never checked out the Grand Junction riding until now! It's definitely my favorite in the area.

Some photos...video will take more time to put together.

This is me near the top of the Ribbon.

Jason and my wife Molly on the Andy's Trail portage.

My friend Jonas on Andy's Trail.

Molly on Andy's.

Martianscape on Andy's.

Or is it moonscape?

Jonas at the top of Eagle's Wing, pointing at some riders carrying their bikes up to Little Park Road from the Ribbon Junction.

bock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.