Team Inflexible

Beartooth Beauty

For about the past 6 years I have stayed out here for a week and have had a chance to really explore the area on my mountain bike. I dont see how the scenery can get much better. The Absoraka Beartooths Mountains are on the NE corner of Yellowstone on the border of Wy and Montana.

There are two rides posted here. I did the ride a couple of diffrent ways, the first day I got rained on wrecked and broke my rib. The second day was just picture perfect.

Start of the ride

Cruzin along lots hopin it does not rain

Somehow my front tire got wedged between the side of the trail and this rock
    Ended up OTB and took a handle bar to my rib cage OUCH broken rib

Plenty of water features

Fork in the road

And the Downhill Begins

Mud kept clogging up my fork

And a quick wash to get the mud off and this completes the first ride

Perfect weather for day two!

Dank Trail to start off on

Every great ride requires a bit of Hike-A-Bike

WOW!

Not my best self timer shot

More climbing

Cruzin Along just blown away with the scenery

Time for a little break and siphon some crystal clear glaicer water

Getting close to the top

Start of day two downhill no mud this time!

Nice Shot Jay!

More DH Shots

The last part of the ride was all marsh around the lake but rideable

And the Final Stream Crossing

So I hope you enjoyed the show. I spent extra time trying to get good shots with my MTB Peeps in mind!

I need to put a shout out to my man Nickle for showing me how to post like this.

CEO Product Failure

Good job! Just AWESOME!

More details on the trip please! Did you camp? Any wildlife sitings? Can you devulge the names of any trails? How'd you manage with a busted rib-I'm assuming it was one of the lower floating ones?

This thread is proof of over population!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Nice pics.

Montana sucks, don't come up here you will not like it.

2 wheels & a meat motor
    Yeah what binge said. Do tell. Awesome.

mtbr member
    Very nice pics, great trails.

amar la vida de dos niner
    Wow, indeed! Lots of great shots and sweet-looking trail and beautiful creeks. This pic is my fav.

Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude_72

WOW!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by bingemtbr
    More details on the trip please! Did you camp? Any wildlife sitings? Can you devulge the names of any trails? How'd you manage with a busted rib-I'm assuming it was one of the lower floating ones?

This thread is proof of over population!
    We stay in a ole rustic cabin with Bear Rugs hanging on the wall. I did not post the 4 wheeling and fishing pics but there was tons of that also. Right behind the cabin is a fork of the Lewis and Clark river and can catch brookies all day long.

As far as wild life goes I am still waiting for a Grizzly encounter. It is prime Grizzly country out there. I did have an encounter with a heard of cattle that skared the shi* out of me. This was on a diffrent ride lower down the pass close to the cabin. I was cruzin along and came across a heard of about 60 or so cattle comming up this dry gulch. The cattle seemed a little skittish so I hopped off my bike and bushwacked around the herd of cattle. So far the cattle are still standing still chewing cud. Then a branch must of snapped or somthing and spooked the herd and the next thing I know there was a giant wall of cattle stampeeding right towards me. It was like somthing out of a movie with all the rumble and dust being kicked up. I quickly hopped on my bike and pedeld as fast as I could, I looked back and remember seeng the stampeed comming right behind me with tons of more cattle following up the gulch. Want to talk about motavation to sprint.

The rib was a pain but did not keep me from riding. Not much you can do about a fractured rib. I still have not gone to the Dr.