Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Balance Bike Passion

4K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  Solo-Rider 
#1 ·
#7 ·
My son (in orange) @ his 3rd strider bike race. The little girl ate it about 6 inches from the finish and my son (with zero sympathy) passed her for the win. He's been riding a balance bike since he was 19 months old.

Attachments

#12 ·
Don't worry everyone. If your little ones are too small, it will be too soon before they are too big. Enjoy it while you can. When the day comes you're going to smile from ear to ear.

When i got the balance bike for my son, i was sitting on the couch watching TV. My son brought his bike next to the couch, layed it on the ground, and climbed up on the couch with me to stare at it. This was after about 150 laps around my kitchen/dining room/living room "course". I was a very proud Dad.

#17 ·
I think 3 is fine. I got my boy a Strider for his 3rd birthday last May. He absolutely loves it. In fact, I'll probably keep him on it for this year. He was pretty shaky at first but once he got the hang of it he was just flying on it. I think he'll transition to a bike with pedals in a snap, no training wheels required. I wish the Strider had a brake on it, though that's my only complaint about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.