mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Bad Sunday, Good Sunday

Took my Enduro Pro for it's final ride (for a while anyway) on Sunday at a local So Cal riding area and bit the big one on some boulders. I knew I shouldnt have tried to clear the section but went for it anyway...All day long up to the crash, I had been miss-placing the front tire and while never dabbing, there were a few close calls and with the sandy, wet, creak covered rocks, I should have Hike-a-biked it...oh yah, I also had a duzzy of a hangover...oh well...I'm thinking its because my Enduro knew I was picking up my BRAND SPANKIN NEW FISCHER ZIGGARAT...YEAH HAW!!!!...anyway...the over the bar experience left me with a punture on my knee cap with some pretty good swelling and its hard to put pressure on that knee, a nice raspberry on my face cheek from face contact with a boulder (slow motion saw the rock coming)...and a slightly seperated shoulder ( i think...getting an x ray today as its getting more painfull as the day goes on).

Now, Im hoping the shoulder is just a sprain or seperation...I need to ride the new Ziggy...its unbelievably beautiful and so flippin comfortable...it made me wonder what took me so fricking long to get one....Great parts spec too...I get short of breath excited just thinking about it...its like Im a kid seeing his first bike under the Xmas tree...I tell you what...if your ever getting bored with your mountain biking experiences and are losing enthusiasm...same trails...same bike...etc....just get a new bike...I cant wait to ride...

mtbr member

Eeeepa

Talk about bad karma. Hope you get well soon enough to enjoy the new ride.

jps

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hit the trails at 6 am thi smorning for my first ride on the Ziggy....WOW...its awesome...definately taking some getting used to and doing some adjustments like seat height and little things like that..but wow its nice...I forgot what its like to be able to actually feel the trail....my knee was a little sore so I grannied most of the climbing but shoulder seemed ok (xray last night confirmed no brakes but possible fracture)...now i just have to try and lose the extra 20 lbs of gut Im carrying around and I'll be set. The climbs were nice and precise...push the pedal and it goes....very smooth too...some interesting noises coming from the front end area....need to do some checking there....otherwise...its all good.

thanks for the get well...