mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Awesome Wife and Raystown,PA

This is one of those stories where the husband realizes he married the correct woman.

I woke up this morning and went downstairs and there were two packages by the table. My heart started pounding, I knew what it was... my new wheels and X9 components. I ripped the boxes open and sure enough my suspicions were correct. I immediatly ran a mental checklist of what plans I had this weekend.. nothing comes to mind... Awesome.

I'm thinking friday night- garage, metallica, cigar, tools, bike, new parts.... and saturday and sunday ride all day. I'm pumped.

Wife comes downstairs, I'm butt naked with a rim in one hand and a shifter in the other jumping around like a lunatic and rambling like a madman... when she drops the bomb on me.... "You know we're going out of town to my friends wedding this weekend right?"

I think a fuse blew in my head, it was like when I found out there was no Santa (at age 19), I almost broke down in tears.

Then like a phoenix rising from the ashes she hits me with... "I hear there's some cool Singletrack nearby that we can ride before the wedding and the next morning before we head home"

Fellas, I'm not gonna lie to you... I was speechless.

II went from laying on the ground in the fetal position mumbling about why God would send me new parts then not let me ride, to feeling like I felt when I heard Jamarcus Russell was being cut by the Raiders, a sense of pure happieness.

So tonight all the new parts go on bike, tomorrow wife and I off to Raystown, PA to ride the Allegrippis Trails. (and stop by a wedding )

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt

Nice!

I too have been blessed with a wonderful wife! She lets me ride whenever I want (need) to.

Delirious Tuck
    Raytown is sweetness! If you haven't hit raytown before make sure you stop at Rothrock Outfitters to pick up a map... if you don't pick up a Map, go counterclockwise out of the lot and shoot up switch rather than ride Sleek Dog from bottom to top (its the suck counter clockwise).

Happy trails!

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Dare I ask, why do you build bikes in the nude?
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Wait a minute... You were butt naked in the kitchen and she didn't yell at you?

She rides singletrack with you?

Dude, there was never a doubt about her kicking ass. lol@ the santa comment...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BeakJones
    Wait a minute... You were butt naked in the kitchen and she didn't yell at you?

She rides singletrack with you?

Dude, there was never a doubt about her kicking ass. lol@ the santa comment...
    I am one of those guys that hates wearing clothes, except whening smoking a cigar or cooking bacon. (pretty much standard man code)

My wife rocks for the following reasons:
    1) She rides singletrack with me BUT is not clingy and knows that I need to ride alone of with the fellas sometimes.
    2) Understands that she may find me in the garage with a Cohiba in my mouth working on a bike, shotgun or motorcycle.
    3) At the airport when she goes to grab a magazine preflight, she always grabs me Club magazine or Playboy
    4) Understands that Size does matter when it comes to surround sound speakers
    5) Accepts that it is normal to want to watch sporting events at a Strip club
    Theres many other reasons.. thats just a few

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Of course you can get some more riding time by showing-up at the wedding in cycling attire

mtbr member
    Great story.. Why get grease on your clothes when you can be naked?
    I ride Allegripis 3-4 times per week and love it. Some of the most fun, buff singletrack I have ever ridden. If you are ever back in the area, message me and we can hit some trails.
    Cheers
    Erik

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XxRedbaronxX
    :
    You're talking to a guy with SEVEN FLOORSTANDING SPEAKERS in his living room attached to a Yamaha HTR-5990 receiver. A/V rocks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Great post! HAHA

Cigars and Bacon- two great times to wear clothing.

Water skiiing- recommend clothing here too to prevent unwanted colon cleansing.

Enjoy the bike parts. Post pics. Of the ride and said awesome wife. (Kidding on the one. Which one, you'll never know! )

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Allegrippis Trails were Awesome!!! Those trails are hands down the funnest, flowiest, and smile inducing singletrack I have ever been on! You can carry so much momentum, it really feels likes you're flying.

We went to the Wedding, then walked into Rothrock Outfitters... To say the fellas working there were surprised would be an understatement! LOL I had a suit on and wife all dolled up, she asked about a trail map, the one dude I think thought it was some kind of joke. The guys were extremely helpful, I picked up some ESI Chunky grips, got a awesome recommendation for a place down the street the has a great selection of Beers (Boxers Restaurant) and we were on our way.

We stayed at Lake Raystown Resort, which was pretty nice. Next time we go up I want to rent a houseboat on the lake.

Springtime MTBR NorthEasters meet and ride on the Allegrippis Trails??

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I am supposed to be meeting up with a friend there next weekend. Gonna try to get a little bit of riding in Saturday, then go to Boxers for some beers and food. Then we are gonna get back out on the trails Sunday morning. Were they clear of leaf covered?

Delirious Tuck
    I think DirtRag has the dirt fest out there in May, camping, demos, beverages, fun...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 94M400
    I am supposed to be meeting up with a friend there next weekend. Gonna try to get a little bit of riding in Saturday, then go to Boxers for some beers and food. Then we are gonna get back out on the trails Sunday morning. Were they clear of leaf covered?
    Leaf covered. Some spots worse then others but not horrible, where its rocky is clear. From what I could tell it seems if there were rocks or large roots the trail was clear.

mtbr member
    Most excellent. I get the same response every once a while. But I'm fully clothed... too cold in this house.
    There is a big difference between ripping and skidding.

Token Hillbilly
    Quote Originally Posted by XxRedbaronxX
    I am one of those guys that hates wearing clothes, except whening smoking a cigar or cooking bacon. (pretty much standard man code)

My wife rocks for the following reasons:
    1) She rides singletrack with me BUT is not clingy and knows that I need to ride alone of with the fellas sometimes.
    2) Understands that she may find me in the garage with a Cohiba in my mouth working on a bike, shotgun or motorcycle.
    3) At the airport when she goes to grab a magazine preflight, she always grabs me Club magazine or Playboy
    5) Accepts that it is normal to want to watch sporting events at a Strip club
    Theres many other reasons.. thats just a few
    Just based on the facts at had... dude, I think your wife used to be a man.

Jk, mang. I too have the honor of having a wife that understands. Nothing better in the world.
    Trying to win hearts and minds, but willing to stomp them if necessary.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by edray
    Great story.. Why get grease on your clothes when you can be naked?
    Or,maybe he has a secret ingredient for getto tubeless con"cock"tion.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    http://dirtfest.blogspot.com/

Looks like I know where I'll be in May.

(I told the wife about Dirtfest... she said "Sweet we can spend our Wedding Anniversary in Raystown!) I really need to buy her flowers more often!

mtbr member
    I only just saw your post.

My riding buddy went to Dirt Fest this year. I was asked to go along but was unable to due to family obligations. He had nothing but good things to say about Raystown Lake so about five weeks ago three of us got into my car and made the four hour ride from Randolph, New Jersey to Raystown for the weekend. Needless to say we'll be going back, if not for Dirt Fest then sooner. The whole place is like a pump track on steroids.

Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

Members who have read this thread: 0