Spring! Spring! Spring!

Austin TX Sunrise, 1/4/06

I tend to ride before work most mornings, with temps here in the 40~50s at sunrise it's easy to do all winter long. Here's one of the reasons I continue to do so, wacky hour that it is ...

location: along town-lake trail (on my way from downtown to the Barton Creek Greenbelt entrance at Zilker Park), north side of the river, looking back towards the Congress Ave bridge.

Camera: Cannon S230 Digital Elph, two frames stitched together horizontally.

Click image for link to BIG version (2368x1074), if you like

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    thx for a shot of Texas' finest---

and

hook em horns--he$l yeah!

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Bonking ... not feelin' well Fight On!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    thx for a shot of Texas' finest---

and

hook em horns--he$l yeah!

We should've WON THE GAME, WE GOT ROBBED BY THE OFFICIALS! Props to the QB VY, his awesome! Now we know how Michigan feels?

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Nice Shot! Texas does have some pretty skies (BIG too!).

Congress Ave bridge is the one with all the bats right? Isn't there something like 2 million that make that home thru spring and summer. Really groovy to watch them flying out
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Yes on the Big Sky

Yes on the Bats under the Bridge

I think it's about 1.5 mil ... that's a lot of furry arboreal creatures for sure ...

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Hey Ted,

I didn't know you hung out here, too. Nice pic, btw. I don't think I commented on it before.

D

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    btw d--i dont lurk constantly on mojo---so how's the job search been? I'm looking myself.

i guess i'll see some mojos at mas o menos--i'm all signed up. hotel registrations at LAX airport, a tucson hotel and chisos mining. All I have to do is hope the car arrives on time (shipping from here on the 20th) and I dont have a GREAT job that wants me to report right away.

mtbr member
    Nice, I'll be moving down there the middle of next month. I told everyone here that every day it snows in New England next winter, I'll take off early and go riding in the warm weather to rub it in
    ***CRASH ***
    2 arms...
    2 legs...
    1 head....
    Check....
    SWEET!

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    btw d--i dont lurk constantly on mojo---so how's the job search been? I'm looking myself.

i guess i'll see some mojos at mas o menos--i'm all signed up. hotel registrations at LAX airport, a tucson hotel and chisos mining. All I have to do is hope the car arrives on time (shipping from here on the 20th) and I dont have a GREAT job that wants me to report right away.
    Hey man!

The job search sucked so much ass that I settled on two PT jobs. The ends barely touch. I took a test for a media tech position at TX State in Round Rock. Wish me luck.

Anyway, if you ride in Tucson, check out the 50 Year Trail and Fantasy Island at a minimum.

D

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    D: I'm in and out, don't necessarily have quite the connections here that I think I do on mojo, but growing. Thx for the comments, seemed a nice one to share.

Okie: Yeah, it's nice having a 365.25 day cycling season. In the summer it's one of the best times to go riding owing to less danger of death by dehydration. In the winter, it's neat because of the lack of people and predominance of wildlife. Good stuff.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr

another thought..

I'm guessing you have an "in" at IMBA? right?
    ... they have a field program coordinator's position opening in Boulder.

Quote Originally Posted by dburatti
    Hey man!

The job search sucked so much ass that I settled on two PT jobs. The ends barely touch. I took a test for a media tech position at TX State in Round Rock. Wish me luck.

Anyway, if you ride in Tucson, check out the 50 Year Trail and Fantasy Island at a minimum.

D

govt kontrakt projkt mgr

hmm yeah

I've had little to no response so far to applications to leadership jobs with HEB, SBC, Toyota, Aramark, Cintas, Walmart, Target and a host of others; I keep trying to tell myself it's because mainland employers don't want ot talk with some one from a Hawaii address----but then I mention the Army pays for me to relocate and when I will be available-and still nothing...

is tough; maybe once I get back and personally call on some prospects.

Government jobs--yeah, they tell you Masters will substitute for experience at a GS-9. So far what it has done is get me notifications that I have not been referred because I'm not among the best qualified---unless it's food service advisory type positions---then it's mainly how well you've been known in your Army career and how "liked" you've been. I was referred but not selected for a GS 9 in Virginia--now I'm a candidate and strongly qualify for the GS 11 slot at Ft Sill---the job announcement closed 20 Jan--they're taking their time even notifying candidates whether they are referred are not.

Good luck on the media tech possibility.

As far as riding Tucson---I'm just staying overnight; if I want to be in Terlingua by Wednesday early evenig I just won't have time.

Quote Originally Posted by dburatti
    Hey man!

D