mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Attn: Midwest riders - rewards for trail crew volunteers!

Posted with permission from Gregg Kato:

We are pleased to announce that area businesses will be rewarding Blue Mound State Park trail crew volunteers with swag and money for their efforts! BMSP is 20 minutes west of Madison, WI. We expect at least 4 or more sponsored trail work days and more businesses are considering help at this time. Stay tuned to www.worba.org and the MTBR Midwest Forum for work dates, trail info and other regional information.

Saturday 4/30/05: Pacific Cycle (GT, Mongoose, Schwinn) will sponsor the day with a bike parts and tire giveaway (or drawing depending on turnout).

Saturday 5/7/05: Trek Store Madison (Gary Fisher, Klein, Lemond & Trek) will reward volunteers with coupons worth $10 at the store, and WORBA members receive store discounts.

We hope to see you this weekend and throughout the season.

Thank you,

Walter & William
    WORBA Trail Managers - Blue Mound State Park

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I can attest that helping to build these trails over the past two years has been a very rewarding experience. It's incredible to see this trail system develop, and it can only get better if more folks help out. I am glad to see that area businesses are willing to donate and make volunteering even more worthwhile.

Give it a try, if even just one day... you'll be surprised how good it feels to put some time into the trails that you ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I also wanted to add... even if you don't ride or hike there, it's a great way to meet people, get some fresh air, get some exercise, enjoy the outdoors, and tan that white, pasty skin from the winter months.

mtbr member

Swag has arrived!

"Saturday 4/30/05: Pacific Cycle (GT, Mongoose, Schwinn) will sponsor the day with a bike parts and tire giveaway (or drawing depending on turnout)."

I stopped by Pacific Cycle yesterday and picked up the loot. They have kicked in a nice selection of new and used MTB tires (not all in pairs), mostly Continental and WTB. There are also some T-shirts.

I'm not sure at this time how we will distribute the swag. Probably there will be a drawing with multiple winners.

Walt