mtbr member

Anyone try this bike rack?

Hollywood Sport Rider/(Performance Xport Flatbed.. seems to be the same thing)?
    It looks somewhat flimsy. Does it hold bikes well? (I'll need to carry 2 bikes, 35lb each)
    Thanks!

mtbr member

coincidence!

Too weird.

Met up with our group yesterday am for our ride and Randy&Sally had just got that exact rack! They haven't had it very long - like maybe a couple of days - but so far they didn't have any complaints. We ride mostly XC so tire width isn't an issue - Randy figured you could fit a 2.5 in the brackets easily. Looked nice and adjustable for wheel base and it can fold backwards enough with 1 bike on to open the trunk. The ends fold up to make it more compact when there aren't bikes on it. He liked it for 2 main reasons: no fussing around with a adaptor bars or taking wheels off and the rack bolts to the hitch instead of with just a pin, so it is very stable. The one they had was for the smaller hitch for cars (1 3/8"??) rather than the monster 2" for trucks - all the other racks like this I had been casually looking at only came with 2" which doesn't do my Saturn much good. They drive a Civic.
    Better living thru chemistry.

It "is" about the bike..
    Jan 2004

Get a SportWorks

These are bombproof, the same one's you see on the fronts of city buses, so they've gotta be tough. I haul my 48lb DH bike & my Bullit around all the time. No issues at all. Even fits my massive Michelin 2.8 tires (gotta let a bit of air out though)

http://www.bicycleracks.com/stdem.asp

There's no app for this.

If I'm right...

that rack is made in Quebec by Sportracks. It will take 90lb. in total. My Michelin DH 24 fit fine (it's a 2.5 tire). Sells for $160 at Cdn. Tire, or about $120 USD.

Jim

http://images.canadiantire.ca/media/...0_CC_20dc5.jpg

http://sportrack.com/a30901

There's no app for this.

Attn Doc!

Cdn tire carries it in Vancouver and you can get 1 & 1/4 receiver hitch. Full price is $159.99 but it goes on sale for $129 2x a year.

I almost bought one but I [personally didn't like the hitch connector bolt and was too lazy to convert to a pin with cotter to hold it on. the rack I chose is worse, I'm an idiot. Oh well, *sigh* Jim

http://sportrack.com/a30901

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle
    These are bombproof, the same one's you see on the fronts of city buses, so they've gotta be tough. I haul my 48lb DH bike & my Bullit around all the time. No issues at all. Even fits my massive Michelin 2.8 tires (gotta let a bit of air out though)

http://www.bicycleracks.com/stdem.asp

That's the rack that I have now (Sportworks), but I'm trading in the 4Runner for a small wagon (1.25" hitch only). So, I was looking for a cheaper alternative, but I think I'll just buy another Sportworks

mtbr member
    Bought one last year for my VW camper van, works fine with my 35lb bike. It's fast and convinient.

It's not what you think.

Just a thought

Have a local machine shop make a reducer for your current Sportworks...2" to a 1.25"

I'd stick with the Sportworks...cause it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SORBA-Woodstock Diggin' dirt since 1999.

It "is" about the bike..
    Jan 2004

Sportworks makes a 1 1/4" rack.

Check out the details here.

cut like the fog.
    hey, anyone know if this will work with a Jeep Liberty???? When I use the sportrack fit guide it just comes up with a roof-top carrier option.

b.
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE]

enduro rider
    You guys with Sportworks, did you buy them online? If yes, can you tell me where? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pisay87
    You guys with Sportworks, did you buy them online? If yes, can you tell me where? Thanks.
    Got mine at Speedgoat. Of course, when I got it, shipping was free and the rack was $300. They now list it for more and I'm not sure if shipping is still free on it.

Fat Boy Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by Erci
    Got mine at Speedgoat. Of course, when I got it, shipping was free and the rack was $300. They now list it for more and I'm not sure if shipping is still free on it.
    Speedgoat always includes shipping in their prices. Also, if you haven't checked out their new site, get to it, it's great.

DT

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    i really like the Sportworks rack.

www.BikePartsUSA.com
    www.GearOnTheGo.com
    www.REI.com

Speedhubbing at last
    I got mine @ REI via website order. If you've a store near you they'll do store-shipping for you to save on $$. And you get member dividend points

Quote Originally Posted by pisay87
    Marla -- the big tourist. The faker. With her there, I was a faker too. Her lie reflected my lie. And all of a sudden, I felt nothing. With her there, I couldn't cry. All I could do was ride.