my girl rides also
    Feb 2005

Anyone ever notice.....

.....the amount of petty, stupid, middle-school-level crap that people sling back and forth on here for no particular reason at all? For once, I'd like to read a thread that actually sticks to the title and doesn't end up being a pissing contest. For real.....don't we all do the same thing here? Don't we all love mtbing a sport in general? It's pretty funny that people get ten feet tall and bulletproof when sitting at a computer, thinking they're hot s**t by talking smack. The even FUNNIER part about the whole thing is that half the people who start slinging the crap dont take into account that they look even more retarded than they actually are because they can never spell anything. Either that or the spell every thing in that stupid ebonic-phonetic sort of way. I think it'd be funny to see the crap that people would pick with one another if we were all doing this live and face to face. Fifty bucks says that people'd be a lot nicer.

This is in almost total reference to the previous post on here where someone is thanking a group of people, and some jackass has to chime in, look like a douchebag, and just generally hijack a perfectly good thread just so that he can justify a lack of height or something. I don't know.

I'm sure I'll get some complaints about this on some level or another. I'm not trying to start crap here.....just making an observation.

my girl rides also
    Feb 2005
    Yes. Its just a rant.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by VA2SLOride
    Yes. Its just a rant.
    Or irony?

Tell us, why did you start a new thread? You even referenced the thread you should have posted it in...and even then, it's the typical whine about posts.

my girl rides also
    Feb 2005
    Hahah.....nice one....and if I would've realized that earlier, I wouldn't have posted it. Amazing.

The irony is unbelieveable.

Three cheers for getting called out......lol......didn't know it was typical, I thought I was complaining about something really profound here......hahah......

my girl rides also
    Feb 2005
    So yeah......this can be removed whenever the moderator in charge feels it's necessary......

hari kari

Why no.

.....the amount of petty, stupid, middle-school-level crap that people sling back and forth on here for no particular reason at all? For once, I'd like to read a thread that actually sticks to the title and doesn't end up being a pissing contest.
    Never. That must be because I the majority of my time in the politcal forum.

mtbr member

Actually

[QUOTE=VA2SLOride]..... For once, I'd like to read a thread that actually sticks to the title and doesn't end up being a pissing contest. QUOTE]

on a certain level, most of the threads, even the ones you think you want to read, are pi$$ing contests. Look at these pictures of my new bike, listen to this report of the cool place I just went too, here's shot of my awesome local trails, I had a better existential (sp) riding experience then you, I can offer better technical advise than that last poster.... It could all be seen as a subtle way of bragging.

Even this post is maybe just my covert way of saying "hey man, I'm deeper and more wise than you".

wow

suck it trebeK
    Ahhh, the quest of one-upmanship on a virtual message board. My favourite is when someone posts asking for relationship advice, and everyone scrambles for moral high ground.

But that's all this is, entertainment. Surely you must've known you weren't the first person ever to complain about the lack of maturity in posts...

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    what the h3ll are you whinging about? STFU and just go ride......

no don't get your panties in a wad. here, the obligatory smily

FWIW, i cruise through a few other bike boards. the level of inanity here is about average. about even with most, and far less than on some boards.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Glad to Be Alive
    [QUOTE=dir-T]
    .....Even this post is maybe just my covert way of saying "hey man, I'm deeper and more wise than you".
    wow that is deep....just take it for what it is worth...who cares...just have fun
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days