Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Never owned anything but a 26" HT. Currently on a Trek 4500 with V brakes. Fast and light... but I can't say I haven't lusted after a FS after I've watched my riding buddies tackle routes I balk at.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Yes.

Though I will admit to having lustful thoughts over something like a Banshee Paradox with large fork. Something like that will probably eventually replace my 26er hardtail, but I'm not exactly in a hurry.

Since, you know, you couldn't possibly ride a kiddie wheel hardtail on anything but smooth and mellow trails.
    Some nice riding there Scrublover.

mtbr member
    Still riding the cromo MOJO and lovin it....

Wanderer
    Here my newly rebuilt 26er.

I had cracked my old 26er frame after 10 years of use. Picked up a 29er and rode that for a year and a half and finally got a ebay chinese frame and rebuilt my 26er. It puts a grin on my face for sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-ebaycarbon.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2011
    As of right now, I still ride one, and still love it. But I love my squishees even more. Still keeping the HT for commuting, though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Love mine. Giant XTC. Gets ridden a lot more than my full squish bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yeah I'll never stop riding my 26" hardtail. I have FS for when I do gnarly downhill stuff, but my yeah, my heart lies with my 26" hardtail. You'll never catch me on one of those fad 29ers'

Broke college student
    Dec 2009
    Depends on where I'm riding. If on the flat, smooth trails my 26 HT is quick and accelerates wonderfully, but on the rocky, steep trails where I live now, I get eaten up alive on the thing. Even the best picked lines result in getting the crap beat out of me.
    I like beer.

banned
    Yessr...

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    As long as my back holds up I'll keep riding 26" hardtails. I just love the way they handle and how connected I feel when I'm riding them, every ride puts a silly grin on my face.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Bianchi D.I.S.S. SS. Been running strong for over 8 years. 26 inch wheels and all.

mtbr member
    Love mine. Stock seat and post (cut down) for around town/skateparks. Nevegal's and Cane Creek Thudbuster for trails (set so I can actually extend my legs). Just under 32 pounds in the picture. A bit over 33 with the trail setup.

Proponent for an Evidence Driven Life.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Last year I sold my 7" SX Trail and built up a Ragley Blue Pig hardtail. Also acquired a 1994 Stumpjumper, full rigid SS. Now these are my only two bikes. I just find hardtails more fun. Haven't tried a 29er and not very interested.

mtbr member
    You're not alone. I love the way a hardtail feels to ride. People think I'm old skool but I really like it and prefer them to Full Suspension bikes. More of a connected feel to the trail, and cornering on a 26'in hardtail is one of the biggest rushes! I love sliding the rear all the way through a corner, and leaving a little rooster tail now and then.

People laugh at me for the rim brakes too! Tho, I'd have disks if the frame allowed for it, damn K2, lol.

Don't have any more current pics of it at the moment (just re-built it), but here they are.
    and yes, it is a single speed to top it all off!

Here it is hiding behind my K-monkey. Can you tell I love hardtails?

I know my next bike will inevitably wind up being full suspension, just because I need one, lol but I still see a nice hardtail 26 and have a strong urge to get one. I saw a real nice XTC carbon at the bike shop that came in on trade the other day, AWESOME bike! I rode one for a race once that a friend let me borrow and it was one of the best bikes I ever rode. But I have to keep telling myself I already own 2 bikes and no car, a new car needs to happen before too long.

Glad to see there is still a lot of 26in hard tail love.
    -Eric
    Keeping the hardtail dream alive, one ride at a time.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Herger View Post
    Love mine. Stock seat and post (cut down) for around town/skateparks. Nevegal's and Cane Creek Thudbuster for trails (set so I can actually extend my legs). Just under 32 pounds in the picture. A bit over 33 with the trail setup.

If you haven't already you should probably take that reflector off of the fork stanction.

mtbr member
    Here's my whip - unfortunatley this is where it usually is ridden to - work, but when I get a chance I hit the local trails and get it dirty.

mtbr member
    I love my 26" HT. I first started on an older FS and didn't know what I was missing. My HT climbs like a cat and accelerates like a rocket (compared to my FS).

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_6700.jpg
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

mtbr member
    I still have my 26" snow bike from 1999. Old snowcats...

I rid my 29er most of the time, but my 26er gets plenty of attention. Nothing wrong with it at all.
    - The only thing that keeps me on a bike is happiness.

Jason
    26" rigid SS 2010 Cannondale F9. It takes me everywhere! I built it from my parts box.

Jason

human dehumidifier
    +1 on the love for 26"ers. The same inertia that keeps the big wheels rolling through the rough stuff makes you pay to get them moving when the trails go up, and that makes a pretty big difference riding here, in both respects. So some days I climb easier, other days I bash the rocks easier, and it keeps things interesting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_5346_sml.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    09 Specialized Rockhopper Comp that I converted to SS. Love riding it.
    "Want to ride some more miles...?"

mtbr member
    26" hardtail you say? It's all I own, one SS and a geared one for times I wanna climb evrything. I've had F.S. but the hardtails are so much more rewarding. I too admit that the Banshee Paradox seems rather interesting......

Apr 2007
    I like my 99 Stumpjumper. It's fun to switch back and forth between that and my 29ers. But for the time being, I prefer my 29ers. But I won't get rid of the Stumpjumper.

mtbr member
    Never Stopped. But then I also love my rigid 29er.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    .......I'll keep riding 26" hardtails. I just love the way they handle and how connected I feel when I'm riding them, every ride puts a silly grin on my face.
    I don't have the back issues...but THIS is exactly the way I feel.

I've flirted with other bikes, set ups, even gears....but my 2004 P1 is all I want (or need, really)

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast