Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 1147
    mtbr member
    Sep 2014

I´m agree

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-1537876_26er.jpg
    I had built a 26" at the end of 2014 over a ATX Giant frame and XTR 9 speed gear, I loved! ... but because I starting to practice enduro I had to rebuild the bike with a doble suspension frame of course in 26" size, with a 150mm RockShox Revelation WC; the only I have to improve is myself, the bike is great!
    By the way I store the 26 hardtail Giant frame for future, and I make two other 26" hardtail like in the picture for my soon and wife
    (Lima, Perú)

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I am still loving my two 26 rides. My favorite is my wife'S old 98 GT backwoods turned SS fully ridged. Nothing quit like a steel 26 under you.

mtbr member
    That's awesome Julio.
    Get some Bro.
    Matt in Bend, Oregon

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Hard to beat simple. 26" SS fully ridged. No shifting, no suspension lockouts, just get on pedal and ride.
    Just remember,Where ever you go there you are...

mtbr member
    Currently rebuilding my hardrock sportdisc. It's been all over the world with me. . Could have bought a 29er cheaper ,but no history, and never found a 29er that felt right

Give'er!
    The only bike I own is a hardtail and I love riding it; even over rough stuff it isn't to bad; a bit hard on the knees, but that's to be expected. I've never actually ridden a full suspension; I've had moments where I've thought, "I'll bet this would be nice and smooth on a full suspension bike!" but then I think to myself, "Nah, this builds character!"

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Here with my son enjoying our 26" bikes:

https://youtu.be/3AYZA53W86o

I wish they don't disappear...

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I love BOTH of my hard tails a 2011 Trek police bike and a 2004 Specialized Hardrock. I will be honest though I got out of biking well before the 29er craze started. Heck there wasn't even disc brakes on bikes yet. My last bike was a raliegh m50 with a halsondesign inverted shocks with a deore lx component set.

Merendon Junkie
    They still take me to nice places and make me have fun on the way there.

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-image.jpg

mtbr member
    ^ something about that looks pretty familiar:

What tires are you running?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by memi View Post
    Attachment 754860Attachment 754860Me with my 1992 rigid KHS Montana Summit with LX gears, I just changed my original cassette of 11-28 to 11-32' much better but, 29er is even better. I like to use my 26" in the winter. Sorry for flipped image...can't figure out how to fix it!
    Can you tell me any more about your khs, i am buying one tomorrow and been doing a search and yours is the only other red one that looks the same year i could find.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I have to admit that I really like my NS Surge! It is such a great fun and capable bike!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Maybe you must know this video: https://youtu.be/uyrlEE9AV58
    (90's MTB masters (1992))
    I just watching it and impresive me!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I went riding with a mate the other day and he took my hardtail. I was on the dually. I ended up stealing it off him half way through the ride and still love it! So much fun and just different to the dually. I'll never get rid of it.

All bike, all the time
    Like it even more now that it's gone. Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got till its gone. The $2500 I got for it helps but that bike was special.
    All bike, all the time

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Mine has been turned into a single speed, and still gets trail time every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

26er Love on the Road- Ibis Tranny

So impressed with this bike! 26" Ibis Tranny with 1x10 XTR, wide carbon rims, 120mm Fox up front, built for airplane travel. Recent road trip to Fruita, St George, urban San Diego, Cottonwood/Vegas, Gooseberry, and Moab. Didn't miss a beat! Built her up at the 18 Rd campground by headlamp in 20 minutes and she was back in her case ready to fly in 30 min. No fees!

I have another ti 29er frame with S&S couplers but the Ibis will be my travel companion from now on!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-image-4.jpg  

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-image-3.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by BKKFARANG View Post
    Currently rebuilding my hardrock sportdisc. It's been all over the world with me. . Could have bought a 29er cheaper ,but no history, and never found a 29er that felt right
    I'm still riding my hardrock sport discuss but it's seen better days, I keep tuning it but now I'm going to have to start rebuilding it. Just bought a rigid fatty though, I'll always love the hardrock.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 218traverse View Post
    I'm still riding my hardrock sport discuss but it's seen better days, I keep tuning it but now I'm going to have to start rebuilding it. Just bought a rigid fatty though, I'll always love the hardrock.
    Disc* but for being a 2006 it still kicks ass

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Just got a new one in March. I call it a fat bike.

noob bikepacker
    still use my 1994 Trek Mountain Track 830! It is going to become my full time commuter when I get my Surly ECR. Right now though, the 830 goes with me everywhere....
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro

mtbr member
    I actually just went through a 24" kids bike, repacked the bearings, brake and deraileur adjustment, and put on a 34 mega range freewheel cassette for all of $22. I saw some guy with a valuable FS leaving when I was driving into the parking area, he did not look very happy. I had a blast. I'm guessing if I had a $5000 bike I would want to ride it, not walk LOL. The trail is wall to wall rocks, no way to ride in there without picking a line. There was an area for a couple hundred feet that was uphill with roots every two feet, and it was wet.

I had a sports charter(I drive a bus)the afternoon of my maiden mt bike ride(and my maiden extreme crash)and a Suffield high school kid at the tennis court had a hardrock. I do not think that I have ever seen one, I liked the looks of it a lot. Looks to be built as well as my Sirrus Sport which I am perfectly happy with. Cannot believe that they are only $440 with Vbrakes.

mtbr member
    May 2015

My stable of 26'er hardtails

Here is the family of hardtails
    Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-stable1.jpg
    left to right, 2011 Trek Police bike - Specialized Hardrock sport - 1995 Schwinn Homegrown.

V-Shaped Rut
    I just ordered $1300 worth of stuff to build up a 26er fully rigid SS, lol!

local trails rider
    Had big break from trails riding (knee injury). Went riding yesterday on my 26er rigid SS. Great fun!

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

noob bikepacker
    Hmm...after seeing and reading about all of these rigid HT's, it got me thinking that I would never even consider riding a suspension fork, or FS bike. I have been shopping for a new bike over the past 2 years, and have tried some out, but I feel like I am doing more work than I need to to control the bikes. I have finally decided on a Surly ECR. Can't wait to get it. I figured after 20+ years of riding I would want to have the softer ride, but it felt so...mushy...to my body....

Rigid HT forever!
    '15 Surly Krampus

V-Shaped Rut
    Dude, what bars are those? Do you find them more comfy than standard/flat? Any control issues say in jumping off stuff, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post
    ^ something about that looks pretty familiar:

What tires are you running?

mtbr member
    It's a Ragley Carnegie bar, which has been discontinued for a few years. I definitely prefer it to normal risers, and there used to be lots of threads about "alt" bars. I think the On One Fleagle is a pretty similar design.

And as for jumping, since the bike is rigid it doesn't see huge leaps. But I've also got an on one Mary bar (similar to the Carnegie and Fleagle, but more sweepy) and that one can feel a little cramped and weird, but the Carnegie feels totally natural.

(it's all pretty complicated though, since on my 29er I only kindof liked the Carnegie. But when I moved it over to my 26er everything just clicked).

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Oh - I haven't posted a pic of my rigid 26er;

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-wp_20150522_001.jpg

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_HTX View Post
    Oh - I haven't posted a pic of my rigid 26er;
    Cool bike!
    What bar is that? Is it sized for MTB brake levers?

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Thanks! Despite the seized seat post (alu post in carbon frame - needs a BIG hammer to fix) and the annoying cassette rattle (I'm waiting for the tools / parts to fix it) she has done me very well
    The bar is a home brewed special. I took a 650mm carbon flat bar and trimmed it down to 480mm. I then took a pair of Origin8 drop bar ends and fitted the hell out of them (bar end strength plugs plus carbon paste plus a lot of torque). The whole thing is standard MTB bar thickness (none of this road bike nonsense) so I can have the levers on the drop downs - the whole thing is solid as a rock and I don't have any air bubble / fluid issues with the Shimano levers after fitting them in a non - standard position.
    For my next move I'm going to move the Deore shifters slightly further outboard toward the drops - that way I can thumb shift from the drops then double wrap the bars in grip tape. The single wrap they have now makes the bars slightly too narrow in diameter to be really comfortable. I'm also awaiting my 110mm carbon stem - I feel a wee bit cramped when sitting on the "hoods" / a wee bit too upright when sitting on the drops at the moment.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Building up a 26er again this weekend!
    One Gear Under God

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Ti View Post
    Building up a 26er again this weekend!
    How about a preview

V-Shaped Rut
    My new ride, 26er never die!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-inbred1.jpg  

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-inbred2.jpg  

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-inbred3.jpg  

29ers Forever
    I think I forgot to post pictures of my 3700 after I converted it to 2x10 and put a new fork on it.
    I prefer 29ers but I still love how agile my 26er is.
    Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-kjh_6659.jpgAnybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-kjh_6655.jpgAnybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-kjh_6651.jpgAnybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-kjh_6641.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_slacker View Post
    That looks like fun, good work, very nice. Is that the 16 that was a lil small for you?
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

V-Shaped Rut
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    That looks like fun, good work, very nice. Is that the 16 that was a lil small for you?
    Nope, that's the 18. The 16 is even more compact!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-20150620_100104.jpg

Still riding this baby since 2012.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    26 ns park 2011 with argyle 2011 still riding from time to time;
    Fun and simple; no parts changed or broken except tires;

Special Ed
    Converted my 26" Cromo 1995 Hoodoo Voodoo bike to a commuter style with slick tires and only a rear derailleur. Love that thing! Very smooth and light for steel.
    'Things you own...begin owning you.'

mtbr member

2012 Revel 2

Swapped fork, crankset, bars & stem. Five pounds lighter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-hodge-park.jpg  

mtbr member

Chromag Gypsy

I thought this bike would be my "occasionally, just for fun" bike. It's become my go-to trail steed.

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-templeoftime.jpg

mtbr member
    ^
    Nice...
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member

Chromag Gypsy

I built this up as a counterpoint to my Cove STD. Now the hardtail gets all the trail time.

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-templeoftime.jpg

29ers Forever
    Even though I like my 26er I'm trying to sell it.
    I see a full suspension bike in my future, and I need all the extra money I can get to buy one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    Even though I like my 26er I'm trying to sell it.
    I see a full suspension bike in my future, and I need all the extra money I can get to buy one.
    I'll be on the same boat soon, I want to keep my 26er HT as back up plus I love it, but it's time for a better bike, so she will be sold to help increase the budget.
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2014 All City Macho Man Disc
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member

The answer is still yes.

This question has been bouncing around for over four years now. When it was first written, it may have had some merit since all I owned were 26" bikes.

Now, most of my riding is on a new 27.5 5" travel FS but on those rare occasions when I do ride my 26" steel hardtail, yes, it is still fun.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015

Still rocking the Stumpy HT

I'm still riding my 2009 Stumpjumper Expert and see no reason to change that. It's a blast to ride, comfortable and reliable.
    Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_0664.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Sunday's ride had some challenges, which I'm sure some say 29 would of cleared them easily.

Little snow and temperatures below freezing, so I pedal my 26" Trek 3700 on cattle road and come by a spot that is usually bit wet, so it happens that I feel rear end sinking a bit, I pedal harder but pedals won't turn, wtf!?

Little back pedaling and try again, no, clank, that is all I get after little wheel spin.

So I get off from saddle and start to examine what is the problem, it was of course pitch black at that hour, what I found out was that rear hub was below the surface of the road, there simply was no way to pedal bike as road surface was harder front of bottom bracket.

After I lift bike up, I could see another problem, RD was full of wet mud, with no way to clear it and as temps were below freezing rest of the ride had slight issues.

Now I really do like my 26" HT bike, but I'm sure some say 29 would of had momentum to not sink that place, I doubt that though.

That 26" bike has managed just fine from mud where pedals dip into thick stuff at bottom, with 22-36 gearing torque is not becoming issue, but little more ground clearance might help.

Amount of torque is such that I can pull more with my bike than by foot, that is one of the great things in 26" and it is so nimble and fun to ride that I doubt I will have bigger wheel size very soon.

I made 3 wheel pedal operated cargo bike / snow plow that has 29 tires, but I would of made it with 26" tires if I would just had the parts, it works, but more gearing would help with wet snow.
    Trek 3700 Disc, frame, wheelset, seatpost, handlebar, fork and rear brake original, rest is upgraded.

mtbr member

... and if we just ... I think the answer is yes...

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-11951207_10153568995522970_4903885947286200244_n.jpg

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_0073.jpg

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-image.jpeg

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_0012.jpg
    Last edited by HTR4EVR; 12-16-2015 at 07:07 PM.
    A mountain, a lake, a trail, all waiting there...

mtbr member
    I'm going to keep riding my Trek 8900

mtbr member
    Picture or you are actually on a 27.5 but want to be in the cool kids club. !!
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    My '03 Rocky Mountain Elevation. I bust this out every once in a while when I feel like I am getting too complacent on my full suspension bike.

Thinking about upgrading the wheelset so I can go to disk brakes. Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-1920399_10153512325305476_7617443497800281119_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Guys, there is something seriously wrong with pictures you are posting, do you actually ride your bikes or do you just carefully carry them to woods?

This is what happens to my bike every ride, it seems not to matter that temps are below freezing and there being snow, I find that soft spot:

Yes, I might be tad old school, but at least bike visits where it was made to visit and does it often

And some wonder why I run chain dry, it really does not make any difference if I lube it or not...
    Trek 3700 Disc, frame, wheelset, seatpost, handlebar, fork and rear brake original, rest is upgraded.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Same bike as above, following a spring fire road ride. Better?

Sorry, no full bike shot.Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-attachment-1-3-.jpg

mtbr member
    My '01 Schwinn Homegrown converted to SS. At 19.5 lbs, this is my go-to ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-hg_15.jpg  

Let's kick ass!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by big_slacker View Post
    Just perfect

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentor View Post
    Same bike as above, following a spring fire road ride. Better?

Sorry, no full bike shot.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Attachment-1 (3).jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	1036159
    Hey that looks more like it, proper use of equipment!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

it's all i've got so i might as well enjoy it!

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_20160804_103428-800x696-.jpg

close to it's birthplace in PQ

Vallee bras du Nord A+++

mtbr member
    Still rocking the old motobecane 26er when not on the road!

mtbr member
    I actually race mine this past weekend lost but given my time id say it was down to skill more that and they put me in the 19-29 age group im 35.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-100_0231.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Both my bikes are 26" and both built by me

GT Avalache 2.0 (3x10) and Kinesis Decade Virtue (single speed)

The Kinesis is brand new (well the parts are anyway)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-13335659_1132126346846563_2366450939534642224_n_zps0lxddx6x.jpg  

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-picture-036_zpsfwezomtq.jpg  

GT Avalanche 2.0 Custom 3 x 10
    Kinesis Decade Virtue Single Speed

Music & Bikes
    As my mid-life crisis , I built up a bike from scratch. For some , it's a red Ferrari , for me , it was my ultimate Ti custom dream bike.
    I asked Kocmo to build me a frame for Lefty/Rohloff/Carbon Belt/55 tooth front plate and yes , 26'' wheels.
    They can do anything , any size of wheels , they could have invented a new size of wheel if I asked.
    But I prefer by a very wide margin the smaller/tighter/lighter wheels.
    Haven't tried a 700 wheeled MTB that had that tightness and reaction to input and acceleration.

And BTW , I'm 6'2''
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_2171.jpg  

"There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I still keep my old 1997 VooDoo around and rode it at the local park recently. What a heap of fun it was!

It was such a different experience from my FS trail bike. Lots of fun popping off roots that I'd otherwise just roll over with my main bike. It seems to rip around sharp corners more easily too.

I have to take some pictures soon to show it.
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Pretty sweet ride! Do you have any more pictures?

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I still ride my old mid-'90s Trek that's not only a hardtail but rigid. Still rocking a 7-speed cassette lol. Its been upgraded with new brakes, shifters, stem and bars but its what got me off the roads and on the trails 10 years ago. I try to swap between it and my hardtail 29er. My old road bike is now a gravel bike.

Music & Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by K_GIANT_98 View Post
    Pretty sweet ride! Do you have any more pictures?
    Yep !

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_1259.jpgAnybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_2128.jpgAnybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_2069.jpgAnybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_1009.jpgAnybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_0812.jpg
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

trailmaster
    Dec 2005
    As a Trail Builder, I build what I like to ride. Which just happens to be tight twisty technical with a lot of quick little vertical stuff. Lots of little berms and bumps to pump on. Ravines that I can berm on walls and drop thru repeatedly in rapid secession is a favorite.

The kind of stuff my 26" is great at. And the Big Wheel people ***** about.

I even built up a short wheelbase FS 26" bike to zip thru the twisty stuff like butter and leave the stifled 29'ers in the dust.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I was heartbroken to have my 2005 ht cannondale stolen in miami. I was in the market but only found 27.5 and 29... then my buddy sold me his 26" only catch is that its f/s haha, not my style but it was well worth the money so ill try it out.

noob bikepacker
    Still ride mt 1994 Trek Mountain Track 830! I have had this bike since it was new, nd recently got a Surly Krampus. It is interesting to ride the trails with this bike, and then go right to the Krampus to see what happens. It has also become my commuter bike.

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-purptrk2.jpg

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-purptrek1.jpg
    '15 Surly Krampus

Brackish

Posted this up when I built it a couple of years ago, still going strong as the go-to ride in my stable: 2012 Chameleon with a mix of parts from Chromag, Sram, Shimano, Deity, Mavic and Race Face.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Ego too big to go back to 26

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Jk I would still be riding a 26 if someone hadn't given me a 29

Brackish
    In all fairness I tried to buy a Trek Stache but they were sold out for the year in my size when I went to buy one a few years ago...so I bought a used AM HT in 26 and have never regretted it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d3&oe=588E02D5
    Ive only had it out a few times this year but I still love my Salsa. I dont think Ill be changing it anytime soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

A Dirt-Jump & MTB bike

The amazing Vinking X, my boy is using in the last year, first with RockShox SID then with Marzzochi Bomber

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-6.jpg
    Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-2015-05-30-post.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Although I am spending time on a new 29+ Stache, I still ride my 26ers and in particular love old Bontragers which are a perfect match for our trails around the St.Louis area. I have owned seven Bontragers over the years including early square framed OR's, RaceLites, a Ti-Lite, and a number of Privateers. Here are the two I currently own and ride:

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-20161029_122642.jpgName:  asset.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  65.3 KB

Brackish
    Those are sweet frames, nice work keeping them running and in use!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks, every time I get rid of a Bontrager to thin the heard I just end up buying another! The Privateer is a 1x8 build using a single XT thumbie with ghost click. Really a pure no-nonsense ride. The Racelite is more of a period traditional build with all XTR M900 8spd kit with the exception of White Industries ti hubs and BB. The Judy on the Racelite has a Risse Gem cartridge which is nice, but the elastomers are in need of renewal. Compared to the Stache the Bontragers demand a lot of finesse and attention when picking your lines, but overall they are still a great option for tight twisty single track.

mtbr member
    I ride mine on winter time so yes...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_0068.jpg  

Dream it, Do it.
    Recently rebuilt my 1995 Kona Explosif. I got a Marzocchi Z-2 Atom Bomb that I had always wanted on this bike and put on wider handlebars with a shorter stem. I also got to use a set of Avid SD-Ultimate v-brake levers that would probably never go on another bike given how everything has now moved to disc brakes.

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_0121.jpgAnybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_0124.jpgAnybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_0123.jpgAnybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-img_0122.jpg
    Dirt Merchant Bikes
    www.dirtmerchantbikes.com
    Seattle area dealer for Turner Bikes & Cleary Bikes

mtbr member
    My 26" HT lives in my hometown so I can ride when I visit (every 2nd weekend on average). Will add pictures when I get the chance.

Despite getting a brand new 27.5" trail/AM hardtail, my 8 yr old 26" gets its fair share of love. Just got new wheels laced as they were mismatched and the rear rim was seriously beaten up. At some point I'm going to add a dropper so it's not jealous of it's bigger brother (and because the trails are much more enjoyable with a dropper).

Both bikes are labeled size "small", but there's a 9-10cm difference in wheelbase and 30mm in reach between them. That has a very noticable effect on handling, more so than the slightly bigger wheels. The 26" bike excells at the slow, twisty, techy trails I cut my mtb teeth on. I had to adjust my lines on such trails with the new bike. When speeds are higher though, it becomes too twitchy and that's where the new AM HT shines.

Hermit
    I'm 5'-5" tall, and a 26er is what fits me best. I have 6 in my basement, and I ride them all the time.

I do worry about being able to get a decent 26er in the future though. Some of my fleet has seen a lot of mileage, and they won't last forever.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    whats not to like and its only an 8 speed (GASP!!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-image.jpg  

"Holy crap, you are creepy as shit sneaking up on me wearing that collar with that freaky ass smile."

Brackish
    Oh wow, that is sweet! I always wanted Voodoo, back in the day!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Thanks. Its very quick handling and wants to go fast. Joe Murray is about to bring Voodoos back to the U.S. where they belong. Not the same offering that is at Halfords, but newly designed higher end models!

https://www.bikerumor.com/2016/10/07...end-bike-line/
    Last edited by MASC1104; 12-07-2016 at 07:07 AM.
    "Holy crap, you are creepy as shit sneaking up on me wearing that collar with that freaky ass smile."

Brackish
    I caught a hint of that a few months ago, I am looking forward to it!

mtbr member
    There she is ready to go.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    +1 For the HT. Rec rider only.. But I love the feels.

≈ > ♥
    I still prefer 26"

Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-p1070256.jpg

mtbr member
    Love mine and honestly wouldn't have gotten a new bike had I still fit this one. Only 22lbs and had her since she was built in '99.

Still debating if I can go ahead and sell her to fund some tool purchases to support the new ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Built a HT for my 6yr old.. Wasn't sure how it would turn out, it goes great.. He rolls so much better on it than the full 20's. Hybrid 20/26 combo Kids bike.. Needs New grips.. Anybody still like their 26" Hardtail?-20170108_183322.jpg

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix-<3 View Post
    Built a HT for my 6yr old.. Wasn't sure how it would turn out, it goes great.. He rolls so much better on it than the full 20's. Hybrid 20/26 combo Kids bike.. Needs New grips.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170108_183322.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	372.8 KB 
ID:	1114457

lol, updated Big Wheel for the big boys on the trails!

Hope he enjoys it!
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams.

Merendon Junkie
    Still having fun on this one.

Anybody still like their 26&quot; Hardtail?-dsc_7417-004.jpg

mtbr member

Just finished to build one for my 13 years old son.

Village Idiot
    Oct 2007
    Just ordered a Cotic BFE 26
    **** Looking for a Sram 9.0SL rear hub *****

Sneaker man
    built up this again the other day, still needs some tweeking, but be good to get out on it again

Anybody still like their 26&quot; Hardtail?-ewqqi75inparvbpuzelbfz8hekfktiarobdzbdmr9f8-2048x1152.jpg
    All the gear and no idea.

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by mik_git View Post
    built up this again the other day, still needs some tweeking, but be good to get out on it again

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eWqQI75INpArvBpuZElBfZ8heKFKtiARobDzbDMr9F8-2048x1152.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	1115651
    I sure hope one of the tweaks is plugging the handlebar ends. Someone posted a couple of days ago about a crash that would have taken a huge divot if their ends hadn't been plugged.

You probably know that, just looking out for you.
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams.

Sneaker man
    ha, yeah, but won't put them in till i've decided which bar i'm using. So far all i;ve done is cruise down to the lbs and back...no front brake yet.
    All the gear and no idea.

Co Springs
    I'm considering an update and part of that is 'going with the flow'.

I'm still on my 03 Kona 26" and thinking it's time for the disc brakes and a new bike. Probably going to try steel this time and as the inventories reveal, modern day bikes are fat , 27.5 or 29". I'll keep my 91 Specialized for the kid seat and it's 26" heritage .... nothing against it at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody still like their 26&quot; Hardtail?-thumbnail_20161216_100441_zpsqqny5gbx.jpg  

In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast