Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Another snow ride report.

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dtrek4500 
#1 ·
Nothing too exciting. Hall Ranch, snow varying in depth from 2-5" or so. Made most of the stuff, other than a few of the short, steep ups. I felt pretty good about that, considering I can make everything when it's dry.

Mostly clear sky, temps in the high 30 range. A few small dry spots, a few small wet spots, and the rest was still snowed. Mad for some fun times; I've got a really bad rear rotor, and just put in new brake pads front and rear.......not even remotely bedded in yet. Picked up the new rotors I'd ordered after riding, of course.

First bike tracks; I ran into three little old ladies hiking their way down, but saw noone otherwise. It's already getting melty; locals better hit it in the monrings until it's all gone, or it'll be pretty sloppy.

A few critters; the usual metric assload of prairy dogs were out and about, and saw one large group of deer led by a nicely racked buck. None consented to pull camera duty, so we're stuck with the timer results.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
kitchenware said:
Good to see Hall from different angles! Great pics!
thanks; it was fun, to try and get going and into camera frame while sliding around too much.

ride sunday?

just ordered a new stance for the gravity days. should be good! gotta see about a 185mm avid to post mount adapter now.

#6 ·
ibmkidIII said:
Digging it yo...love the rock and snow. BTW, nice on the pictures...much better. My druthers they're a touch small still, but better on the size for sure. Push the bandwidth to the max! :D
Thats good that you could actually take advantage of the snow where you live, but today I tried to ride on my trail that is covered with snow, and it had a sheet of ice on top. So I ended up just riding on the road.:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.