Loser

Another 16 miles of fun today... I love this place

We rode over at Shenipsit forest in Somers, Connecticut today. Good times. We had a long winter, but it went away quickly, and the mud season was less than a week long. The weather was perfect for riding, 50 degrees.

It was cloudy so the light was not great for taking pictures but we took 'em anyway.

We played on the bridge:

We climbed to the top of Soapstone "mountain", around here a mountain is 1200 ft high. The bikes rested while we took in the view from the top of the fire tower:

This is a good season to get a bit more perspective. Amazing the huckers haven't found this place yet!

Paul has decided he's an artiste with the camera...

Its not like we were having a good time or anything...

At the end of the ride there's a nice natural trick trail. Its made entirely of rocks that, for the most part, have not been moved. Good stuff. The final trick is a descent off what has been named Cheecake Rock. There's a flat rock leaning up the back side as the entry, way steep on the exit, and you can't see the exit until you get most of the way down the rock. Of course STIL:

Three goofballs...

...and three friends
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

beer thief
    Good stuff - our trails are at least a couple weeks away from being unsaturated, not to mention the snow & ice.

I have a trip to CT this week; think I'll bring my bike.

Loser
    Quote Originally Posted by radair
    Good stuff - our trails are at least a couple weeks away from being unsaturated, not to mention the snow & ice.

I have a trip to CT this week; think I'll bring my bike.
    When are you going to be here? Maybe I could show you around. The trails are in great shape - a bit of mud, but nothing out of the ordinary.

John

beer thief
    I was going to come down tomorrow, but the weather forecast doesn't look so good (all week for that matter). I have to climb steel in Danbury and Redding.

Loser
    Quote Originally Posted by radair
    I was going to come down tomorrow, but the weather forecast doesn't look so good (all week for that matter). I have to climb steel in Danbury and Redding.
    Yeah - looks rainy from here 'til Saturday. Danbury and Redding are not exactly close to where I live, though you'll probably be swinging through my area on the way and back. I live in Northeast CT, just over the MA border on 84. After work rides are not quite in the cards yet without a light. Could do a night ride though. Let me know when you're swinging through.

John