Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 801 to 859 of 859
  1. #801
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,714
    We spotted a turkey vulture enjoying a roadside meal. Didn't want to get too close




    animal encounters-19247868_1946969738880801_6923422966431092453_n.jpg

    animal encounters-19399022_1946969552214153_443585309149804834_n.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  2. #802
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HTR4EVR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,177

    Morning run


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mountain, a lake, a trail, all waiting there...

  3. #803
    Magically Delicious
    Reputation: Cleared2land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,785
    Cruising on some back roads near CB (Crested Butte) and this little guy came by and was very friendly and unafraid.

    animal encounters-img_4307.jpg animal encounters-img_4316.jpg
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

    Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

  4. #804
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BCTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    983
    I wonder if I can get a photo of a black bear this summer in Park City, Utah during the summer riding season. It would be fun to get a photo of a bear, but, not so fun if it attacks me.

    I did see several Moose last year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails animal encounters-img_0175.jpg  

    animal encounters-img_0173.jpg  

    Nothing is impossible to him who will try. Alexander the Great

  5. #805
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,374
    Moose are damn mean.

  6. #806
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BCTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    Moose are damn mean.
    That's why the second photo isn't very good. You can see the baby Moose behind the tree but I thought if I tried to get close, Mama Moose would attack me.
    Nothing is impossible to him who will try. Alexander the Great

  7. #807
    Magically Delicious
    Reputation: Cleared2land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,785

    Horned Toads...

    SW Utah.

    Came across a good number of these guys. A pleasure to see as many as we did.

    animal encounters-img_3824-i.jpg animal encounters-img_3828-i-resized.jpg animal encounters-img_3832-i-resized.jpg
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

    Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

  8. #808
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,374
    ^ nice find.

  9. #809
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    531
    12,000 feet with mountain goats...I took my phone out of my back pocket as I rode by this dude to catch this shot. I was really this close. Amazing!

    animal encounters-mt-goat.jpg

  10. #810
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    21
    Saw about a dozen of these little guys on the trail a couple of days ago. This was the first one I came across and it was by far the brightest colored one of all of them. Was about 3 inches long.

    animal encounters-20170701_163209_resized.jpg

    animal encounters-20170701_163233_resized.jpg

  11. #811
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    606

  12. #812
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Timothy G. Parrish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    649
    Eastern box turtle laying eggs. Unfortunately right in the middle of the trail. We placed some limbs over the trail up above her to at least slow down other riders until she could finish.

    Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

  13. #813
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EugeneTheJeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    611
    Horny toad doing his best Lion King impersonation

    animal encounters-20170723_094312.jpg

    animal encounters-20170723_094351.jpg
    2017 Giant Trance 2
    2015 Ghost Kato 5 (bikepacker)
    2016 GT Traffic 3.0 (commuter)
    1988ish GT Mach One

  14. #814
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OwenM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    906
    Most of my wildlife encounters have been with mosquitoes, lately, though I've seen a bunch of whitetail, a few snakes, and had an armadillo come right up to me on a section of doubletrack(and take off running right when I went to take his picture).animal encounters-received_10213222069449357.jpg

    animal encounters-received_10213222071609411.jpg

    animal encounters-received_10213222113970470.jpg

    animal encounters-received_10213222105090248.jpg

    animal encounters-received_10213222078969595.jpg

  15. #815
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EugeneTheJeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    611
    Must be mating season for tha horny toads!

    animal encounters-20170729_101129.jpg
    2017 Giant Trance 2
    2015 Ghost Kato 5 (bikepacker)
    2016 GT Traffic 3.0 (commuter)
    1988ish GT Mach One

  16. #816
    mtbr member
    Reputation: themanro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    332



    Sent from my pager

  17. #817
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,298
    Quote Originally Posted by themanro View Post



    Sent from my pager
    "Hey there, Boo Boo!"
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

  18. #818
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Twimby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    259

    animal encounters



    A country town golf course has in conjunction with local Mtbers developed some nice tracks around the course. My wife is from the US and still loves seeing roos after 30 yrs here. They are abundant on the fairways. Why go to far, like living in a buffet.
    Had a couple of near misses on the downhill.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  19. #819
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,298
    Yesterday I caught this mother Elk and her calf. They swam across the narrow end of the lake. The mother went in first and junior took the lead in the swim. In the background is the world famous Stanly Hotel. The hotel that Steven Kings movie The Shining was based off of.

    animal encounters-img_3043.jpg

    animal encounters-img_3021.jpg

    And then a herd of Rocky Mountain Bighorn on a cliff just 30' above me.

    animal encounters-img_2991.jpg

    animal encounters-img_2981.jpg

    animal encounters-img_2978.jpg

    animal encounters-img_2987.jpg

    I also saw 2 Bald Eagles sitting in a tree way too far away to take a photo with my cell phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

  20. #820
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,054
    Utah has black bears only.....I'd be more afraid of the the moose than the bears
    EXODUX Jeff

  21. #821
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,374
    ^ +1 on the moose.

  22. #822
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,714
    We rode in northern Ontario this weekend... plenty of moose crossing signs along the way. But no moose were seen on this trip
    animal encounters-20663869_1969910443253397_5408414350287198918_n.jpg

    I spotted an eagle flying above the tree tops when we were on the lake (Lake Tatachikapika, near Gogama) Difficult to take a pic, with the boat moving

    animal encounters-20664912_1969945093249932_2405607865090436482_n.jpg

    animal encounters-20727894_1969944329916675_5756625595805036655_n.jpg


    We did find plenty of bear droppings on the riding trails ... as you can see, bears love blueberries and it was a banner year for blueberries


    animal encounters-20621271_1969970736580701_5243740718556132265_n.jpg

    animal encounters-20663811_1969970453247396_2310902736112194915_n.jpg

    animal encounters-20664622_1969932006584574_3362126530465727524_n.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  23. #823
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    285
    Over the last couple of weeks here in central Va, black bears have been everywhere. We had two cross the trail in front of our group ride last Tuesday in a pretty busy park that gets a ton of bike and foot traffic. It also seems that pretty much all of my strava friends have had encounters (MTB & road) over the last couple weeks. tough to get pics as the bears are usually running to get away when they see/hear you coming.

  24. #824
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,714
    Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    Over the last couple of weeks here in central Va, black bears have been everywhere. We had two cross the trail in front of our group ride last Tuesday in a pretty busy park that gets a ton of bike and foot traffic. It also seems that pretty much all of my strava friends have had encounters (MTB & road) over the last couple weeks. tough to get pics as the bears are usually running to get away when they see/hear you coming.

    The black bears are a common sighting where we stayed in Timmins but a little less of a nuisance and we were told, more timid than in previous years (not rummaging through people's garbage or following on trails for example). It is normal for people to hike and bike with bells. We didn't see any but we didn't spend long periods of time in the forest
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  25. #825
    mtbr member
    Reputation: misterbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    The black bears are a common sighting where we stayed in Timmins but a little less of a nuisance and we were told, more timid than in previous years (not rummaging through people's garbage or following on trails for example). It is normal for people to hike and bike with bells. We didn't see any but we didn't spend long periods of time in the forest
    Tell your cousin Eileen(Shania)I said hi.
    How am I supposed to pick a line through this.

  26. #826
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,298
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    We did find plenty of bear droppings on the riding trails ... as you can see, bears love blueberries and it was a banner year for blueberries

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20663811_1969970453247396_2310902736112194915_n.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	1151045
    Easy to tell they were Black Bear and not Grizzly Bear. Black Bear droppings [skat] has blueberries and seeds within it. Grizzly Bear skat has bones, clothing and bear bells mixed in.
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

  27. #827
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,714
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    Tell your cousin Eileen(Shania)I said hi.
    I sure will... but she's more elusive than Rocket
    animal encounters-dscn8355.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  28. #828
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,714
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Easy to tell they were Black Bear and not Grizzly Bear. Black Bear droppings [skat] has blueberries and seeds within it. Grizzly Bear skat has bones, clothing and bear bells mixed in.
    LOL!

    Know how to tell the difference between black and grizzly bears? Run climb a tree. If the bear comes up after you and eats you, it was a black bear. If it knocks the tree over and eats you, it was a grizzly.
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  29. #829
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    8
    I've encountered more creepy people than wildlife TBH.

    My one truly startling encounter with wildlife was with a smallish black bear. I came around a corner pretty fast and saw it in the trail, foraging, or whatever it is little black bears do. I stopped hard and tried to get turned around in a panic, never having been that close up with a bear before. I fell over with the bike. D'oh!! Somehow I scrambled to get back on and pedaled my ass off in the other direction.

    They're not so scary on the second encounter. At least not, trip-over-the-bike in a white-knuckled-panic, scary.

  30. #830
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,298
    Three Bald Eagle sightings yesterday. A mating pair were perched when an intruding male came in and dive bombed them. The male that was perched which was quite a bit larger than the perched female, took off after the intruder. I lost sight of them in the air. You can see in the video the dive bombing taking place. And in the photos the male taking flight after the intruder. Awesome thing to see.



    animal encounters-img_3093.jpg

    animal encounters-img_3095.jpg

    animal encounters-img_3097.jpg

    And then the lonely female waiting at the perch for the winner of the battle. LOL
    See what the males do for the females?
    animal encounters-img_3101.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

  31. #831
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,298
    Lucky they're thinking of moving the deer crossing signs. Less accidents is the goal.

    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

  32. #832
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: mtbxplorer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,986
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Three Bald Eagle sightings yesterday. A mating pair were perched when an intruding male came in and dive bombed them. The male that was perched which was quite a bit larger than the perched female, took off after the intruder. I lost sight of them in the air. You can see in the video the dive bombing taking place. And in the photos the male taking flight after the intruder. Awesome thing to see.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3093.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	1151773

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3095.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	1151774

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3097.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	1151775

    And then the lonely female waiting at the perch for the winner of the battle. LOL
    See what the males do for the females?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3101.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	1151776
    Actually, contrary to many species, female eagles average 1/3 larger than males. Cool pix!

  33. #833
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,298
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    Actually, contrary to many species, female eagles average 1/3 larger than males. Cool pix!
    So then the larger female took off after the intruder. Weird if that's what happened. I never knew the two genders differed in size. I just assumed the larger one was the male especially after he or she took off after the intruder. Good info. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

  34. #834
    mtbr member
    Reputation: June Bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Lucky they're thinking of moving the deer crossing signs. Less accidents is the goal.

    So glad there is a potential solution for this problem! A classic, for sure!
    The best defense against bullsh*t is vigilance. If you smell something, say something.
    Jon Stewart

  35. #835
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,298
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post
    So glad there is a potential solution for this problem! A classic, for sure!
    And the solution has been right under our noses all along. Just move the signs to less high traffic areas. Who da thunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

  36. #836
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,298
    Peekaboo. LOL

    This female [ewe] Bighorn was curious of me some 200' below her. I felt a presence and looked up to see her head curiously peeking over the cliff.

    animal encounters-img_3074.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

  37. #837
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    9
    animal encounters-trexinmirror.jpg This one time in Costa Rica...

  38. #838
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    26
    here's a few recent critters from the trail; i think the elk was around the corner from my house on my way back from a road ride a few weeks ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails animal encounters-0521170828.jpg  

    animal encounters-0612171854.jpg  


  39. #839
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    26
    not sure why they are sideways.

  40. #840
    mtbr member
    Reputation: misterbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Lucky they're thinking of moving the deer crossing signs. Less accidents is the goal.

    My first reaction, once I figured out what she was talking about, was how could someone be that stupid. After seeing her second video, and giving it some thought, I began to realize that we all make stupid conclusions that we give absolutely no thought to. Before I started riding on the bike trail, I thought that the yellow flashing lights meant "watch out, bike trail ahead". There are no signs telling me otherwise(ie stop for flashing lights). It is only on the trail that you would read "turn on flashing lights to cross". What bothers me is that 1.2 million people think that she is so incredibly stupid, and that we think that we are of course so incredibly smart.
    How am I supposed to pick a line through this.

  41. #841
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,298
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    My first reaction, once I figured out what she was talking about, was how could someone be that stupid. After seeing her second video, and giving it some thought, I began to realize that we all make stupid conclusions that we give absolutely no thought to. Before I started riding on the bike trail, I thought that the yellow flashing lights meant "watch out, bike trail ahead". There are no signs telling me otherwise(ie stop for flashing lights). It is only on the trail that you would read "turn on flashing lights to cross". What bothers me is that 1.2 million people think that she is so incredibly stupid, and that we think that we are of course so incredibly smart.
    I never said she was stupid. Common sense is not taught. It's actually hard to believe she's serious. If she is, God help her. If this was an act she deserves an academy award.
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

  42. #842
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,234
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I never said she was stupid. Common sense is not taught. It's actually hard to believe she's serious. If she is, God help her. If this was an act she deserves an academy award.
    I sense a sarcasm in her voice. Maybe it's staged?
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2014 All City Macho Man Disc
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

    Giggity!

  43. #843
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4
    I nearly ran over a copperhead in the middle of a XC race. I used to see a fox who lived in an area I rode frequently.

  44. #844
    mtbr member
    Reputation: misterbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I never said she was stupid. Common sense is not taught. It's actually hard to believe she's serious. If she is, God help her. If this was an act she deserves an academy award.
    Sorry! I didn't really mean you-just struck me as odd. Maybe I have too many memories of a whole classroom laughing at me LOL(I only remember bad memories-never the good ones).
    How am I supposed to pick a line through this.

  45. #845
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Arebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    484
    A black bear chased a cyclist on the rails to trails path not far from my house. My 13 year old daughter and her friend were riding on the trail before and after this happened! YIKES!

    https://patch.com/connecticut/farmin...gton-bicyclist
    -----------------------------
    AreBee

  46. #846
    mtbr member
    Reputation: misterbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Arebee View Post
    A black bear chased a cyclist on the rails to trails path not far from my house. My 13 year old daughter and her friend were riding on the trail before and after this happened! YIKES!

    https://patch.com/connecticut/farmin...gton-bicyclist
    I have been hiking with my wife everyday, I wanted to take her to the parking area on Red Oak and walk into Farmington Memorial Forest today, but she wanted to stay close to the house. I have seen bears in the town forest-guess I should have reported it since they said that there have been no bear sightings in the area.
    How am I supposed to pick a line through this.

  47. #847
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Arebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    I have been hiking with my wife everyday, I wanted to take her to the parking area on Red Oak and walk into Farmington Memorial Forest today, but she wanted to stay close to the house. I have seen bears in the town forest-guess I should have reported it since they said that there have been no bear sightings in the area.
    Howdy Bill! I live off Red Oak and we have had nearly a dozen bears stroll through our yard in the last few years. It seems almost "ho-hum" when they come through now. No one gets excited unless they have animals or kids outside at the time.
    -----------------------------
    AreBee

  48. #848
    EMBA Member
    Reputation: Ladmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,792
    Had a coyote run up the driveway and into the bushes at the side of our house with a critter (rabbit maybe) in its mouth. Happened too fast to get a picture.

  49. #849
    mtbr member
    Reputation: misterbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Arebee View Post
    Howdy Bill! I live off Red Oak and we have had nearly a dozen bears stroll through our yard in the last few years. It seems almost "ho-hum" when they come through now. No one gets excited unless they have animals or kids outside at the time.
    My wife and I live on Lovely St.
    How am I supposed to pick a line through this.

  50. #850
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,298
    Yesterday's sightings: Five Bighorn, two deer. One Bald Eagle and a partridge in a pear tree.

    I may have fibbed on that last one.
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

  51. #851
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,298
    I saw 5 Black Bear today. The first sighting was two sleeping in a tree. Below them were two bull elk laying in a meadow. I couldn't get close to them due to a ranger shut the hiking trail down. The next sighting was a mother Black Bear and two cubs. I got pretty close to them [not a wise choice] and the mother got irritated. I followed them about a half a mile paralleling a stream with the stream between us. Pretty soon the mother came down towards the stream. That's when I knew it was time to back off.

    animal encounters-img_3220.jpg
    2 in tree ^^

    animal encounters-img_3209.jpg
    2 Bull Elk below the tree. ^^

    animal encounters-img_3243.jpg
    Mother and two cubs.

    animal encounters-img_3232.jpg
    Mother coming down to the river towards me.



    I also saw two Bald Eagles, two separate encounters and both too far away to capture with a cell phone.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 3 Days Ago at 07:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

  52. #852
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Reformed4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    12
    Herd of deer grazing right on the trail. Saw em as I came through the big shrub. Had to slam on the brakes as they didn't even budge. Looked at me then sauntered back up the hill with more nonchalance than Neil Donahue.

    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

  53. #853
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Reformed4Life View Post
    Herd of deer grazing right on the trail. Saw em as I came through the big shrub. Had to slam on the brakes as they didn't even budge. Looked at me then sauntered back up the hill with more nonchalance than Neil Donahue.

    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    The way you wrote that I thought it was a country song. The first lyric should go "I heard a herd of deer grazing right on the trail".

    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

  54. #854
    Cycologist
    Reputation: chazpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    The way you wrote that I thought it was a country song. The first lyric should go "I heard a herd of deer grazing right on the trail".

    Sorry DJ, I'm not writing you another country song.
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams.

  55. #855
    mtbr member
    Reputation: misterbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Reformed4Life View Post
    Herd of deer grazing right on the trail. Saw em as I came through the big shrub. Had to slam on the brakes as they didn't even budge. Looked at me then sauntered back up the hill with more nonchalance than Neil Donahue.

    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Heard a herd of deer on the single track
    sauntered up the hill without lookin' back
    Saw em as I came through the big shrub
    Slammed on the brakes as they didn't even budge

    Out on the trail hopin I'll just die
    My babys gone she didn't say goodby
    Ride right off a cliff, I'll show no fear
    Then my baby will shed a tear
    How am I supposed to pick a line through this.

  56. #856
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Reformed4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    The way you wrote that I thought it was a country song. The first lyric should go "I heard a herd of deer grazing right on the trail".

    There are trails in the coulee...
    Just me, the deer and a dug-in tick.
    Shredding the gnar with a scandi flick,
    Flyin' round the corner real groovy.
    That's when I heard those deer
    Blockin' the trails,
    Trails in the coulee...

    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

  57. #857
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Reformed4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    Heard a herd of deer on the single track
    sauntered up the hill without lookin' back
    Saw em as I came through the big shrub
    Slammed on the brakes as they didn't even budge

    Out on the trail hopin I'll just die
    My babys gone she didn't say goodby
    Ride right off a cliff, I'll show no fear
    Then my baby will shed a tear
    Well done!

    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

  58. #858
    Cycologist
    Reputation: chazpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    Heard a herd of deer on the single track
    sauntered up the hill without lookin' back
    Saw em as I came through the big shrub
    Slammed on the brakes as they didn't even budge

    Out on the trail hopin I'll just die
    My babys gone she didn't say goodby
    Ride right off a cliff, I'll show no fear
    Then my baby will shed a tear
    Read this to the tune of the Beverly Hill Billies!
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams.

  59. #859
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Reformed4Life View Post
    Well done!

    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    And one of you needs not to quit his day job.
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Similar Threads

  1. Close Encounters....
    By DIRTJUNKIE in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 10:45 PM
  2. If you had to be an Animal for a day, what would you be? And why?
    By Tone's in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 07:48 PM
  3. Strange encounters...?
    By PureMountains in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 06:03 AM
  4. Scary animal encounters
    By GnarBrahWyo in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 03:42 PM
  5. Animal
    By bonesetter2004 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 05:49 PM

Members who have read this thread: 463

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •