Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

(________) stopped me from riding today

41K views 549 replies 375 participants last post by  blockphi 
#1 ·
Simple thread idea. Start it with what stopped you, then an explanation.
I'll go first.

2 broken sprinklers

I usually have about 3 hours to get out and ride on Saturdays while the boy is down for his nap. Put him down and before I left I turned on the sprinklers for the first time this year. Big mistake. Did I really think nothing would have broken or frozen all winter? I knew if I didn't fix it then it would be too dark later and I wouldn't be able to fix them til next Saturday. So no ride for me yesterday. :(

#3 ·
An ankle broken in 3 places with displacement has kept me from riding since November....It sucks, but I could be ready to ride soon (hopefully)

#6 ·
When you're a new home owner, new to changing sprinklers and have limited daylight. Yes it stopped me from riding. Buying the sprinklers isn't the time consuming part. Digging up the old stuff, keeping dirt out of the lines etc...all without knowledge of how to do it. Thank you google and YouTube. Next time it will be a quick job since I know what I'm doing now.

#8 ·
shoveling 30" of snow out from a house that I'm under contract in because the real estate agent didn't do it. He said it was good to go for the inspection, propane truck drives an hour up in the mountains with the new tank(that we put the cash up for) no place to put it because nothing has been cleared. 2 days of moving three different storm's worth of snow.

But it will be worth it when I have my very own trails.

#22 ·
Light snow in the morning, freezing temps, early start time.......NO Excuses.

Seriously...everyone has an excuse....do you really want to hear it?:rolleyes:

There are mountain bike riders and people who don't ride, which are you?
Figured it wouldn't take long for the high and mighty ones to show up.

The point of the thread is that yes we are all riders. But sometimes things come up to stop us. A light snow wouldn't stop me either, good for you. But taking care of my responsibilities as husband and father stopped me from riding. Does that mean I'm not a rider? Sure doesn't.

Sometimes it's just nice to vent to people who understand the misery.

#25 ·
12 hours in cattle class. When I got home my better half had decided that, as she had looked after our daughter all week, she had the right to go skiing. Good girl I'd do the same...

Went for a short hike, paid the bills, fixed a lamp and ordered a Strider with a cool helmet to match .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.