Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

(________) stopped me from riding today

41K views 549 replies 375 participants last post by  blockphi 
#1 ·
Simple thread idea. Start it with what stopped you, then an explanation.
I'll go first.

2 broken sprinklers

I usually have about 3 hours to get out and ride on Saturdays while the boy is down for his nap. Put him down and before I left I turned on the sprinklers for the first time this year. Big mistake. Did I really think nothing would have broken or frozen all winter? I knew if I didn't fix it then it would be too dark later and I wouldn't be able to fix them til next Saturday. So no ride for me yesterday. :(

#515 ·
Work.. Work.. Work! I never work weekends but was on a big project that launched this weekend. Just got home at 1am. Still waiting by my phone for any calls from my Europe office colleagues. Got tomorrow off for veterans day but still on call until Europe markets close. Fck.. Fck.. Fck.

#537 ·
Friends grrr

Didn't stop me from riding but cut it in half.

Saturday went riding with friends. A few miles in one mentioned he had to be somewhere by a certain time so dropped a few trails off the route to get to ensure the better ones would be in the ride and about half way there the other decided they didn't want to ride anymore and since I rode to the trails with her, I had to go back.
Ended up being a 14 mile ride of mostly service road. I was a bit annoyed.

Aggravated me because with the season changes and work, my weekday rides are out and I didn't think I would be able to ride the next day.
I was able to squeeze a last minute short ride in on Sunday but chose to do it solo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.