Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

7 summits and the BC Kootenays rock!

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  mudpuppy 
#1 · (Edited)
I got the chance to ride the 7 summits trail out of rossland, BC. Great ridge top ride once you get on top of the ridge. Very scenic and the trail is in pretty good shape. It is a ridgeline trail so lots of up and down. roughly 22 miles long and 4,500 ft of climbing and close to 7,0000 feet of vertical drop. The neat thing about this point to point ride is you can buy a shuttle in rossland.

The Kootenays are a region in southeast bc that is just an incredible place. I have been lucky and have been able to explore the kootenays in multiple sports, whether summer or winter and they are just one of the best play grounds around.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
new denver is actually the village i would love to reside in. the area has a fair amount of trails. choices is a fun trail and than you got the biggie of wakefield trail. 5000 feet of climbing followed by a 5000 ft descent. great views on top.

Attachments

#6 ·
British Columbia

Sigh. Still on my Dream Trip/Bucket List.
Looks like a great ride. Post some more pics of the Kootenays part of your trip if you have them.

My Dad was up there a few weeks ago visiting some friends in Rossland. I think he rode a few trails closer to town..... but when you walk into a shop asking about trails and you're 79 they don't usually recommend the good stuff to you. They think all you'd be interested in (or able to do) would be paved bike paths and rail trails:rolleyes:. I think he would've like 7 Summits.

Thanks for the stoke. I'll get up there some day.

#7 ·
Great report, I was hoping to see something from this area. Me and my GF went out to Revelstoke, Golden, and Creston twice back in 2008. Now with my border issues solved were headed backeither in October again or we'll wait until next summer.

Do you guys have any recommendations for stuff out near Kamloops? Are normal area is top of the Coquihalla or in the Canyon near Boston Bar(Nahatlatch). We leave from White Rock if this helps any.

#8 ·
awe revy the original dream. I wanted a poll building with living quarters in it somewhere by revelstoke.
Most of my revy adventures have been in the winter but here is the keystone trail. Keystone is the ***** when it comes to winter play.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.