mtbr member

.65 seconds at Chalk Creek

The diffeence between 2nd and 3rd in beginner 30-34 yrs was .65 seconds. How do I know? I was third and the guy in front of me was second.

After I hit a major wall on the 2nd lap I managed to catch up to the guy that was in front of me for most of the race. With a little under a quarter mile to go I caught him and we sprinted it out in a third ring pain fest. What I didn't know was the guy in front of me was in my age group. I tried to pass and he wouldn't let me. I figured, oh well and I let him go in ahead of me with about 100 yards to go. The result of my lax attitude earned me a 3rd place finish! DOH!

This was my second race ever, and so far I am lovin it! I finished 2nd in Moab and now 3rd in Nathrop. We'll see how it goes at the Bear in Denver?
    "The only time you find success before work is in the dictionary"

www.ibexbikes.com

Glad to Be Alive
    good job...
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Mythical Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by ibexmsu
    The diffeence between 2nd and 3rd in beginner 30-34 yrs was .65 seconds. How do I know? I was third and the guy in front of me was second.

After I hit a major wall on the 2nd lap I managed to catch up to the guy that was in front of me for most of the race. With a little under a quarter mile to go I caught him and we sprinted it out in a third ring pain fest. What I didn't know was the guy in front of me was in my age group. I tried to pass and he wouldn't let me. I figured, oh well and I let him go in ahead of me with about 100 yards to go. The result of my lax attitude earned me a 3rd place finish! DOH!

This was my second race ever, and so far I am lovin it! I finished 2nd in Moab and now 3rd in Nathrop. We'll see how it goes at the Bear in Denver?
    LOL, that's how it goes. Won't see me anywhere near Battle of the Pukefest Denver Roadies Bear, but have fun. It's insanely fast - we did 7 laps last year - but sort of fun. I cracked hard on lap 5, didn't really recover afterwards.... big, big gears, no rest/break anywhere, and did I mention FAST?

Good work in Nathrop though - the course was in great shape! Did you manage to ride the sketchy little climb at the beginning?
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

mtbr member
    Nailed the hill climb the first time through, but the second lap I hit a wall and just could not get going. I think I overpowered through the backstretch of the first lap.
    "The only time you find success before work is in the dictionary"

www.ibexbikes.com