evs
    mtbr member

It was a 4 hour tour (sung to the Gilligan Island Theme Song).

We were deciding on a ride.Not to many chances for many more rides and since saturday was supposed to be 4 degrees warmer,my little one,who isn't so little any more and I opted for sat.Luckily we did because it snowed out the next day. 36 degrees out is perfect once you get warmed up. We paid our dues as usually,up the steep hill to the sweet NEMBA single track (that many have put hours of work in to building a great trail this summer.Thanks all.) Today's destinationn...Balancing Rock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by evs; 12-16-2005 at 06:23 PM.
    'Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, Boldly Ride,' The Shade replied, - 'If you Seek for El Dorado!'

evs
    mtbr member

or the tour could have been called Little Bunny Fu FU

when was the last time you heard a babies nursery ryhme out on the trail.

Little Bunny Fu FU...
    Hopping thru the Forest...
    Picking up the Field Jumps...
    and Hopping them in the Air...

We were setting up a photo op when she started singing it.This didn't hurt as she waited for me to set up. but you know how it is once a song gets stuck in your head.
    'Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, Boldly Ride,' The Shade replied, - 'If you Seek for El Dorado!'

evs
    mtbr member

getting some flow...

my little rock rider...

evs
    mtbr member

A little sunshine to warm us up....

We hopped out to the hi-t's for a bit.To bad there was 20mph winds.Trying to yell down to see if she was ready with the wind in my face was funny.Her words were carried away in to the woods,so I just hit it and for an 11 year old, not bad....

evs
    mtbr member

Rock Garden Fun

finding the right line isn't always as easy as it seems....but it's still fun

evs
    mtbr member

A little step down

I always seem to forget to hit it a little to the left.It's hard to pop it with that little chunk taken out at the top.It brings my front tire down to fast.If you look about 2 feet to the right of my rear tire,that's my smooth line were I can get the front tire out a bit more....

evs
    mtbr member

More fun....

All the new dirt was frozen very nicely,including this rebuilt kicker.

evs
    mtbr member

Berm rider 1

another nicely frozen section...

evs
    mtbr member

Nice flow through here....

I think this is my favorite section of the trail.Many switch backs finishing it off with a few funnies at the end....

evs
    mtbr member

The last bit of single track

for this trail.I love those fun rock kickers at theend? just to the left of the pic there is one of them
    Last edited by evs; 12-16-2005 at 08:18 PM.

evs
    mtbr member

Finally, our destination

you can move this rock back and forth with a little effort.By now, I haven't eaten
    a thing except for a large d+d coffee and am feeling the power drain.Good thing we
    are on our way home to warm up by the fire....

evs
    mtbr member

Our begining and our end...

our town is in the middle of building a nice rail trail.It is great for a warm up to our local single track.This used to be a regular fire road type of gate.Nice of them to add a bit of bike art to our little corner of the world.

evs(thanks for your time,I'm off for some hot chocolate...)

Formerly DMR For Life
    looks like fun wish i could have had a ride today
    DMR