Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    FBI tested, NSA approved!

2014 Biking Goal

So what's your goal for 2014? Is it a race, ride, distance or new bike? Mine are to train some of my work friends to complete their first Century and to ride our local Gravel 150. Not sure which will be harder, getting folks to actually build on their miles or finishing a 150 (would be my longest day on a bike) on the gravel at age 52. Probably going to have to drop a few pounds this spring.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    My goal is to get out and bike some of the alpine trails in Colorado. Monarch Crest, 401, Government Camp are all on the list. Also thinking of a bike-n-brew tour of the Front Range, which would involve traveling along the Front range to ride some popular trails and visit some of the micro-brews for post ride refreshments.

FBI tested, NSA approved!
    Quote Originally Posted by desertred View Post
    My goal is to get out and bike some of the alpine trails in Colorado. Monarch Crest, 401, Government Camp are all on the list. Also thinking of a bike-n-brew tour of the Front Range, which would involve traveling along the Front range to ride some popular trails and visit some of the micro-brews for post ride refreshments.
    Hey, how did Cache La Poudre and Hewlett's Gulch fair after last year's floods? We were through there last summer and it looked pretty sporty at the canyon's mouth afterwards.

mtbr member
    One of my Goals this year is to race the IMANA Wild Ride.
    2014 TallBoy2 C XX1

mtbr member
    to continue to ride without electronic gadgets and anyone who has 'em.

ragley blue pig x
    now that ive got both my bikes (one lightweight XC one AM) sorted out my goal for this year is to buy nothing bike related whatsoever period.

except maybe worn drivetrain like cassette, chain, chainring, jockey wheels and bare essentials like grease, fork oil, mineral oil, tyre selant...

scrap that im looking to spend less than 150 for the whole of 2014 on bike stuff

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Ride more, sit less.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Professional Crastinator
    I am going to build some backyard stunts for my daughter with the leftovers from my deck stairs rebuilding project. A 2fer!

Help to start a MTB skills camp with the local park district.

Begin training for 2015.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Place closer to the front than the back in the Stoopid 50 at Rothrock and just finish the Patapsco 100. Go to Dirtfest again and also ride my road bike from where I live in south central Pa to ocean city Md.

mtbr member
    2014 Goals:

Ride Brevard/Asheville and Park City.

mtbr member
    Replace my trail bike with a Santa Cruz Bronson (+ RS Pike & CCDBA);

Run a drop higher than 10' and live;

Ride at Snowshoe and Mountain Creek;

Ride more and better trails in general.
    Check out my You Tube Channel

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Mine is to go into the 2014 with a much better fitness level. I live in Breckenridge, CO, so I snowboard all winter long. It keeps my legs strong, but for cardio purposes, not so much. I've been splitboarding and running with the dog a bit, and put in 2 30 minute trainer sessions a week. Ultimately, I would like to be a bit more competitive early on in our local mountain bike race series. Last two years I haven't really hit my stride until late July.

Trailhead Poseur
    My goal is to ride at least 100 off-road miles per month, or 1,200 mi for the year. I also want to ride the Epic trail at Santos in Ocala, FL. The full loop is 42 miles, or almost double my single ride off-road record (though I have done road bike centuries in the past).
    Speed solves all problems, except for those things it makes worse.

ready to ride
    1. Ride more
    2. Go to the gym this winter and do strength training.
    3. Clear technical climb sections in the Pisgah better than I can now. See #2
    4. Ride in Scotland each time I am there for business. Which is about four times a year. So ride Glentress, Laggan Wolftrax, Kirroughtree, something in the wilds
    5. Go west, and ride something out there. Maybe Moab, front range, lots of options.
    6. Do some bikepacking.
    Sent via my heady vibes from the heart of Pisgahstan

BBB STYLEE
    Angel Fire, NM. in the summer and Government Canyon, TX. Big bike ****, essentially!

But Angel Fire is in my crosshairs!
    Im referred to as a BBBM. Big Beautiful Beard Man.

mtbr member

2014 Biking Goal

My goal is to ride as much as I can and log all of my rides so I can see how far I went.

Pretty simple.

mtbr member
    Ride more than I did in 2013. Go places I've never gone before to ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    My biking goals include a handful of tmbra races (my first attempt at racing is on Feb. 5) and a 50k in April.
    I would also like to learn drop offs and generally improve the skills.
    Non-biking goals include either getting a promotion at my current job or finding a new job that ties into my recently acquired Nutrition degree.
    Buy an engagement ring an propose to my amazing lady.
    Start an out of school PE/Nutrition education program for local kids here in Central Texas.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Become a stronger rider, and dominate on hills.

The White Jeff W
    To get some of the trails built that I didnt get to last year. Spent all my building time doing mud hole repairs.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 53119 View Post
    to continue to ride without electronic gadgets and anyone who has 'em.

The goal is to simply have a lot of fun and get some exercise. As always...hohum.

But...a couple of longer-term goals seem to be lining up for annihilation this year: 1) The wife is stepping up to longer travel. 2) We are slated to ride the Great Divide on our tandem.

These are exciting events, but to us they represent more: Wifey came from having minimal mtb skills a few years ago, now a competent technical rider. We have both worked hard to get in a position where we could take a chunk of time off to ride the Divide, now that dream is coming to fruition. Both those aspects are pretty satisfying accomplishments. The new bike and the ride are simply manifestations.

Happy and productive 2014 to all. May your goals be exceeded!

Mike

Laker and a Trail Blazer

2014 Biking Goal

Climb 100k in 28 days. Never road for me. Techy climbing is my favorite.

Win a race

Buy a SS frame.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I think there was a similar thread I posted in that sank to the bottom but hey, worthy goals deserve a re-post.

DirtRag Dirtfest, again.
    Place a little closer to the front in the Stoopid 50 at Rothrock, it was brutal last year.
    Finish the Patapsco 100.
    Ride my road bike from home in south central Pa to Ocean City Md, ~200 miles.

Fat-tired Roadie

Re: 2014 Biking Goal

Cat. 3 on the track.

To that end, I'm lifting weights and trying for more volume this winter. I'll try for more intensity during Base 2 and 3, probably, those got nuked last year.

I'll probably do my favorite XC race. I'd like to keep building my skills and having fun off-road.

Maybe I'll run a 15k. If the track thing is a total bust, one or two Test of Metal races in BC and a 50-miler in WA.

Since that Slowest Generation article came out, I'd like to rip the legs off a few more Boomers.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

EMBA Member
    I was in pretty good shape until Nov 13 when I crashed and broke my arm. No activity for the past 7 weeks has softened me up a bit. My goal is to get all the way back fitness wise by July 1 so I can enjoy all the higher altitude riding that comes available here in Washington once the snow melts.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast