Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No one calls me Maurice.

2014 Biking Goal

So what's your goal for 2014? Is it a race, ride, distance or new bike? Mine are to train some of my work friends to complete their first Century and to ride our local Gravel 150. Not sure which will be harder, getting folks to actually build on their miles or finishing a 150 (would be my longest day on a bike) on the gravel at age 52. Probably going to have to drop a few pounds this spring.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    My goal is to get out and bike some of the alpine trails in Colorado. Monarch Crest, 401, Government Camp are all on the list. Also thinking of a bike-n-brew tour of the Front Range, which would involve traveling along the Front range to ride some popular trails and visit some of the micro-brews for post ride refreshments.

No one calls me Maurice.
    Quote Originally Posted by desertred View Post
    My goal is to get out and bike some of the alpine trails in Colorado. Monarch Crest, 401, Government Camp are all on the list. Also thinking of a bike-n-brew tour of the Front Range, which would involve traveling along the Front range to ride some popular trails and visit some of the micro-brews for post ride refreshments.
    Hey, how did Cache La Poudre and Hewlett's Gulch fair after last year's floods? We were through there last summer and it looked pretty sporty at the canyon's mouth afterwards.

mtbr member
    One of my Goals this year is to race the IMANA Wild Ride.
    2014 TallBoy2 C XX1

mtbr member
    to continue to ride without electronic gadgets and anyone who has 'em.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Ride more, sit less.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Professional Crastinator
    I am going to build some backyard stunts for my daughter with the leftovers from my deck stairs rebuilding project. A 2fer!

Help to start a MTB skills camp with the local park district.

Begin training for 2015.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Place closer to the front than the back in the Stoopid 50 at Rothrock and just finish the Patapsco 100. Go to Dirtfest again and also ride my road bike from where I live in south central Pa to ocean city Md.

mtbr member
    2014 Goals:

Ride Brevard/Asheville and Park City.

mtbr member
    Replace my trail bike with a Santa Cruz Bronson (+ RS Pike & CCDBA);

Run a drop higher than 10' and live;

Ride at Snowshoe and Mountain Creek;

Ride more and better trails in general.
    Check out my You Tube Channel

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Mine is to go into the 2014 with a much better fitness level. I live in Breckenridge, CO, so I snowboard all winter long. It keeps my legs strong, but for cardio purposes, not so much. I've been splitboarding and running with the dog a bit, and put in 2 30 minute trainer sessions a week. Ultimately, I would like to be a bit more competitive early on in our local mountain bike race series. Last two years I haven't really hit my stride until late July.

Trailhead Poseur
    My goal is to ride at least 100 off-road miles per month, or 1,200 mi for the year. I also want to ride the Epic trail at Santos in Ocala, FL. The full loop is 42 miles, or almost double my single ride off-road record (though I have done road bike centuries in the past).
    Speed solves all problems, except for those things it makes worse.

ready to ride
    1. Ride more
    2. Go to the gym this winter and do strength training.
    3. Clear technical climb sections in the Pisgah better than I can now. See #2
    4. Ride in Scotland each time I am there for business. Which is about four times a year. So ride Glentress, Laggan Wolftrax, Kirroughtree, something in the wilds
    5. Go west, and ride something out there. Maybe Moab, front range, lots of options.
    6. Do some bikepacking.
    Sent via my heady vibes from the heart of Pisgahstan

BBB STYLEE
    Angel Fire, NM. in the summer and Government Canyon, TX. Big bike shit, essentially!

But Angel Fire is in my crosshairs!
    Im referred to as a BBBM. Big Beautiful Beard Man.

mtbr member

2014 Biking Goal

My goal is to ride as much as I can and log all of my rides so I can see how far I went.

Pretty simple.

mtbr member
    Ride more than I did in 2013. Go places I've never gone before to ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    My biking goals include a handful of tmbra races (my first attempt at racing is on Feb. 5) and a 50k in April.
    I would also like to learn drop offs and generally improve the skills.
    Non-biking goals include either getting a promotion at my current job or finding a new job that ties into my recently acquired Nutrition degree.
    Buy an engagement ring an propose to my amazing lady.
    Start an out of school PE/Nutrition education program for local kids here in Central Texas.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Become a stronger rider, and dominate on hills.

The White Jeff W
    To get some of the trails built that I didnt get to last year. Spent all my building time doing mud hole repairs.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 53119 View Post
    to continue to ride without electronic gadgets and anyone who has 'em.

The goal is to simply have a lot of fun and get some exercise. As always...hohum.

But...a couple of longer-term goals seem to be lining up for annihilation this year: 1) The wife is stepping up to longer travel. 2) We are slated to ride the Great Divide on our tandem.

These are exciting events, but to us they represent more: Wifey came from having minimal mtb skills a few years ago, now a competent technical rider. We have both worked hard to get in a position where we could take a chunk of time off to ride the Divide, now that dream is coming to fruition. Both those aspects are pretty satisfying accomplishments. The new bike and the ride are simply manifestations.

Happy and productive 2014 to all. May your goals be exceeded!

Mike

Laker and a Trail Blazer

2014 Biking Goal

Climb 100k in 28 days. Never road for me. Techy climbing is my favorite.

Win a race

Buy a SS frame.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I think there was a similar thread I posted in that sank to the bottom but hey, worthy goals deserve a re-post.

DirtRag Dirtfest, again.
    Place a little closer to the front in the Stoopid 50 at Rothrock, it was brutal last year.
    Finish the Patapsco 100.
    Ride my road bike from home in south central Pa to Ocean City Md, ~200 miles.

Fat-tired Roadie Moderator

Re: 2014 Biking Goal

Cat. 3 on the track.

To that end, I'm lifting weights and trying for more volume this winter. I'll try for more intensity during Base 2 and 3, probably, those got nuked last year.

I'll probably do my favorite XC race. I'd like to keep building my skills and having fun off-road.

Maybe I'll run a 15k. If the track thing is a total bust, one or two Test of Metal races in BC and a 50-miler in WA.

Since that Slowest Generation article came out, I'd like to rip the legs off a few more Boomers.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

EMBA Member
    I was in pretty good shape until Nov 13 when I crashed and broke my arm. No activity for the past 7 weeks has softened me up a bit. My goal is to get all the way back fitness wise by July 1 so I can enjoy all the higher altitude riding that comes available here in Washington once the snow melts.

mtbr member

2014 Biking Goal

Quote Originally Posted by Gouda Cheez View Post
    My goal is to ride as much as I can and log all of my rides so I can see how far I went.

Pretty simple.

Me too! Maybe even do a local amateur race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Lose 25 pounds and hopefully enter and finish the SM100.

Not be the last guy to the top of every single hill.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    2013 was a slacker year and only rode 20 to 30 times but they were long halls like 25 to 30 miles in two to three hours on road. this year i plan to ride more and harder.
    mountain biking is my passion. ill bike just about any were even it its off limits to bikers.

mtbr member
    Haven't ridden Waldo Lake or the North Umpqua Trail. Both are on my list for this year. I'd also like to ride the Crater Lake rim road with my wife.

I did my first-ever race last year and would like to ride it again this year (Test of Endurance in Oregon near Blodgett), along with the Alsea Falls XC race.

Saving money up to get a new full-suspension bike and hoping I can make it happen this year.

29ers Forever
    Ride at least three times at Kingdom Trails.
    Ride double what I did last year (so last year I rode 211, so for 2014 I want to ride 422 miles on my Cobia alone)

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Do adventure riding! Combine my bikepacking experience with the newly acquired packraft as much as possible.

backwoods and backwards
    I want to score a couple KOMs at Kingdom Trails this year ( I want the Herbs climb, and put another dent in Heaven's bench to first field). It's tough because ripping fast is best left to weekdays...and I'm mostly up on week ends. I'll never blast someone just to make a certain time...the Kingdom is all soul. I also love watching my 6 year old daughter progress on the trails and hope to spend a lot of time riding with her.

All that aside, I want to make it through without a major crash/ injury. I want every ride to be fun!

mtbr member
    I bought a new POV camera, so I plan to hit every trail worth riding in Georgia this year and compile some videos of each for some amateur reviews.
    Also, going to get my two boys out on the trail this year (10yo & 17yo) so I can force them to enjoy my hobby......if they like it or not!! :-)
    I asked God for a bike, but I know he doesn't work that way so I stole a bike & asked for forgiveness.

Unpredictable
    Like jeffw-13, I want to build more of the goodness and ride as much as possible - more than last year anyway. Also a holiday with bike in the car is needed.

How much further ???
    Stay healthy and injury free. Everything else will fall into place from there.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Ride white rim in a day. Do the Park City Point to Point again, only better. Do less racing, and have more fun.

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    Get a new wheel set, lose 15 pounds, do some mountain riding, travel somewhere to ride, take and edit more pics/vids with my faux pro, go on more adventures with my wife, do some bike packing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Upgrade my wheels, race an Xterra off road tri, and learn how to do a front wheel pivot.

mtbr member
    Ride a race. (Signed up for my first March 2nd at Granite Bay)
    Bike pack (Done with more to come!)
    Ride new trails ( Done with more to come)
    Climb more (Done with more to come)
    Master tight downhill switch backs ( Still needing more practice)
    Stay healthy ( So far so good)

(Updated 06.10.14)
    Last edited by Gettintheretoy; 06-10-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Gotta pay to play
    I'm looking to do more than 4,500 miles and 400,000 feet of climbing this year. I've got a second baby on the way and an intense work travel routine planned but I've given myself a bit of wiggle room.

mtbr member
    Not spend so much money on bikes for a change, gotta save up for a house.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Fitter, faster, farther.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I got myself into much better shape last year. I rode a tone and finished 4th in my first XC race in 10 years. This year I'll be racing more and taking a podium or two.
    2016 Santa Cruz Hightower 29er
    2015 Trek Farley 26fat
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Just get out and ride with no downtime. My only goal at the moment is to keep the Black Dog of Depression away from me and the only thing that keeps me remotely on the level is time in the saddle. If I have a good few months I will set goals but at the moment its just keep those wheels and my brain turning.

wannabee
    Back to the basics for me. Quality time on the bike not just miles. Making it fun again. New bike will be done soon and spring is on it's way.

mtbr member

Re: 2014 Biking Goal

Double my trail miles from last year. Get my daughters out riding more. Get down to Syllamo again. Do better at the Iceman.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hmmmm I would have to say nail the rear tire hop on my trials bike so I can jump from object to object. Perhaps learn to rear tire hop my fat tire bike LOL
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    This will be my second year of mountain biking. I hope to ride at least three times a week. I have submitted my entry for the Chequamegon Fat Forty which I hope to finish. I hope to find some success on the most difficult trails at my local park. I also hope that my time on the bike will make my 66th year the best ever!

banned
    Jan 2013
    I had an incredibly consistent 2013. This year im shedding a few pounds and trying to maintain the level of focus i had last year.

mtbr member
    May 2012

2014 Biking Goal

Simplified my goals for this year: ride more, spend less. Got way too carried away with upgrades, new tire experimentation, etc last year. Just need to focus on the riding.

Heavylegs
    Apr 2012
    I would love to fit in riding 100+ singletrack miles with my 10yr and 7yr old children

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast