swag ho Administrator

2005 Year in review

Yet another 2005 story...

This one is worth remembering because it's my best riding year ever. With my toddlers growing up and allowing more free time, my New Years Resolution was meet more bikers!

The stars aligned and I met some awesome, awesome people.

The year started out with a bang as I joined Greg Gardner's big ride. 40 miles in January. Now that's worth getting up for.

click to enlarge

Also in January, Tommy aka 'DirtDevil' visited from sunny Puerto Rico. We demonstrated the redwood forest of Soquel

click to enlarge

Then March came around and the Sea Otter thing happened. I did a road race and an SS race. We ran the mtbr booth and met a ton of new friends and old friends

click to enlarge

In April, we had the first Norcal Roadbikereview gathering. On the first mile, a stick got in a spoke and two bikes were crumpled. MikeG had to go to the hospital. Note to self: road crashes are dangerous. Also, road rides suck for photos

click to enlarge

Photo-John said we had to go to Fruita in May. So we did. This is the best trip ever. It will now be an annual thing. Stopovers at Goosberry and Moab

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

We had a little May by the Bay action on the hallowed trails of Santa Cruz

click to enlarge

In July, Downieville happened after taking a year off. Few events can recover so quickly after taking a year off. Downieville can!

click to enlarge

A lot of epic Soquel Demo rides happened in the summer

click to enlarge

And finally, a photography student from San Jose State was able to capture Soquel Demo in all it's shaded glory.

The SF Grand Prix happened for the last time. My son has been to the race for the last four years. Next year, no more.

click to enlarge

Ricky aka 'drevil' and Bigboulder came to Skeggs for a visit

click to enlarge

Then in the fall, a massive ride occured at Henry Coe

click to enlarge

Then an epic ride followed at Auburn

click to enlarge

Finally, we close out the season with a Thanksgiving ride in Los Gatos

click to enlarge

So happy new year to all! I think I'll stick to the same New Year's Resolution for 2006.

francois
    Last edited by francois; 01-02-2006 at 11:22 PM.

mtbr member
    What can I say, meeting you and the crew was the highlight of the year for me. The rides that you took me to were awesome and will never be forgotten.

Also meeting Ken in KC, djohnsonaz, stangmangt thru here was another high. No riding in KC was done due to weather and was able to take out djohnsonaz, stangmangt and a puertorican living in Dallas (lanakila) to some of our local trails and have made a lot of friends on mtbr.com

Here I share some of those pics.

2005 New Year's/MTBR Gathering Ride

Soquel ride with the MTBR crew

djohnsonaz trip to PR

stangmangt trip to PR

lanakila trip to PR

Last 2005 ride

Another highlight for me as a parent is that Little DeViL aka Pepe started the XC raging season with a bang and after breaking his leg during the summer (non cycling related) he has kept hooked on cycling and can't wait for the 2006 season to start.

Next Sunday we'll do our first road race and hopefully he'll do better than me.

Thank you all for the memories and hopefully will do it again in the near future.

Tommy
    Last edited by DiRt DeViL; 01-04-2006 at 01:53 AM.

swag ho Administrator
    It was wonderful meeting you as well. Little email, little ride... and now I have a great friend in Puerto Rico!! Hope I can make it out to your hood and hope you make it back here.

fc

mtbr member
    Mi casa es su casa.

Fartographer

Beautiful

Francis-
    I think that's my favorite post ever from you. The photo layout looks great and your photos improved a lot this year. I also like the way you looked back and made an organized account of your year. And I'm really happy I got the boys to go on a real road trip in 2005. It's about time! They're worth the time, effort, and stink

But I don't think I'll be wearing a bib in front of the camera again. That's going to follow me for the rest of my life. I think I owe you one for that.
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

A Guy Who is Going Places
    See, I'm in there too...

Nice stuff, cool presentation.
    http://www.anthonysloan.com

Isaiah 15:5

There are many good bike companies out there, and I work for one of them.