Currently in Exile

'05 Retrospective (A trail is born)

As I sit here with my 4 yr old on my lap looking at everyone elses retrospectives I thought that I should ad my own weak little contribution.

January-- too cold
    February-- too cold
    March-- We started scouting out areas to put in some trail on some nearby land.

April-- We started laying out trial, but no pictures.
    May-- The real work begins. I had two trail work days during this month. Thanks to IMBA for all of the technical expertise.

June-- It's not all work and no play. Riding with my oldest on Memorial Day. (sorry for the small image)

July-- We open the trail with the PRSG mountain bike race. A good time was had by all.

Riding the Maah Daay Hey trail near Medora ND

My oldest riding our trail with Todd (A fellow trail builder) watching over her

August-- Vacation in Yellowstone and riding in the Gallitin Ntl. Forest.

And winning the Sport class at the ND championships

September-- Marking the end of the real riding season in ND

October-- We get the first snow of the year. But we still get some riding in!

November-- I get a new roadie (I destroyed my old one)

December-- Taking advantage of unseasonably warm temps.

Not near as epic of a year as some, but still eventful in it's own way. We built a trail, had a race, competed in some races, and most importantly, I got to share my passion with my oldest child. Lets hope that next year goes half as well!

Happy New Year Passionites!
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

Mythical Creature
    Very cool 'Spokes! Great to see kids on the trail - that dad helped build! Not much more Passion can be had than that; starting future shredders off early, building trails, and helping promote/put on an event.... very full year indeed. Nice work!

glen
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

horizontally compliant
    Nice post.

We seem to be reaching a mountain-biking "tipping point" of sorts in the Midwest, to abuse a tired cliche.

Keep up the good work!

Here's a pic of my daughter enjoying a trail that she helps maintain.

Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Currently in Exile
    Thanks guys.

My daughters helped to build our trail too. It was a family affair. Although I must admit the 4 yr olds biggest contribution was to stomp up and down on freshly cut trail, "packing" it down.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea