mtbr member

Singletrack in Costa Rica?

Anybody out there know some decent rides in Costa Rica? Singletrack preferred but any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    There is almost no singletrack back home, though there are some nice ride to be had. You can also contact jaco, he wroked on some private singletrack...to which they charge some entrance fee... I haven't tried it, but looks nice on pics...

There is a bunch more info on this thread (a big argument a while ago)

Marla Streb Says: No singletrack in Costa Rica

While there is little "pure" singletrack, there are some great places to go riding....

mtbr member
    Thanks Crisillo for the quick reply. I just threw that question out there to see what came back - I have actually done a fair amount of riding in CR - I am there 2 or 3 times a year - and realize that ST is not that common in CR

Do you know where Jacos trails are located? I'd like to check them out. I'll drop him a line. Just for your future info, there is a few kms of singletrack located on the west side of Rincon de la Vieja NP - I have only hiked there but asked the folks at Rincon de la Vieja Lodge (where the trails start) and they told me no problem if I wanted to ride there (but they could not understand why I would want to when there are several prefectly good fire roads around). The trails are not in the park itself and appear to be there to provide access to the hot springs. I'll be there in March and April and plan on checking it out.

Later

Sweet... thanks for the heads up about the ST in Rincon..I will try to check them out next time I am home...

If I remember correctly, Jaco's trails are near Ciudad Colon, that is towards the western side of San Jose (about 15 minutes drive from "La Sabana" Park), you pass Escazu and Santa Ana on the way...

mtbr member
    Shoot me an e-mail before you go next time and maybe we can hook up for a ride. I have a place near Monteverde and am there off-and-on throughout the year. Later

Quote Originally Posted by mojo25
    Shoot me an e-mail before you go next time and maybe we can hook up for a ride. I have a place near Monteverde and am there off-and-on throughout the year. Later

Thanks... I will

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Mojo when are you coming?
    I can take you on the single tracktrails that Jaco did, actually Im one of the guys who maintains it, and only go there.
    Dont like fire roads , just single track.

mtbr member
    Hey Motoman - I contacted Jaco a couple of days ago and he said that he was going to hook me up with you and the guys who maintain the trails these days. Do you still charge a fee? We can pay you in cervezas if you prefer. What is your e-mail address - I will let you know before we come - it will be in early April - it is myself and one friend. Thanks !

Jeff

mojo25_80421@yahoo.com