mtbr member
    May 2004

San Juan Puerto Rico

I am headed to San Juan next month and was wondering what the riding is like and if there are shops to get a good bike to rent for a day. Any suggestions/contacts would be very much appreciated!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

MTB ride in Puerto Rico

I'm planning on going to Puerto Rico late April. Will stay near San Juan, possibly at the Caribe Hilton. I'm wanting to do a ride while I'm there. Anyone been there and know what my options are? Where to rent a bike and where to ride etc etc. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

mtbr member
    I'm from San Juan, how can I be of help?

Good bike rentals are non existant.

The only trail near San Juan is a swamp right now, hopefully will dry up soon.

Visit our local forum, http://www.ponceweb.net/mountainbike/index.php and ask there.

I have a bike down and my riding buddy has one down too so can't offer a loaner bike at this time.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I can not comment on current conditions but can tell you how things went for me.

I also stayed at the the Caribe Hilton, very nice! I got in touch with Poly (Pauly?) at www.hotdogcycling.com for a great bike and a few rides, one night ride in Old San Juan and on the fort grounds then the next day in what I think was Monagas Parc Nationale for a few hours in the rain forest / jungle. Some very good riding in some place called that had been a military base with concrete Quonsit shaped structures built into the hillsides all over the place. Otherwise it is very hilly jungle filled with single track. Can be greasy-slippery after a rain which happened often.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Thank you for your input, I appreciate all the help I can get!!