Thread: Peru

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Peru

I am going to Peru in April. I plan to be there for several months traveling all over the country. Does anyone know of good places to ride/advice?
    Thanks,
    littlecliffy

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004

PM me, I will be there in April.

Quote Originally Posted by littlecliffy
    I am going to Peru in April. I plan to be there for several months traveling all over the country. Does anyone know of good places to ride/advice?
    Thanks,
    littlecliffy
    I go twice a year to ride, always in new places. I have ridden extensively in Huaraz, Cajamarca, Apurimac, Andahuaylas, Cuzco, Puno, Areqipa, Lima, Paracas, Chincha, totoritas, Mala, Pachacamac, santo Domingo De Los Olleros, Tauripampa,etc.. Every year I go with a large group of Limenos and explore a different region, often on remnants of the Capaq Nan, or the old imperial Inca trail network. I actually am bringing down two friends, and I am going to be their guide for 40,000 feet of descending in a week. Please contact me if interested, I can basically tell you all that you would like to know about core riding in Peru, or help out with a guided trip. Most of what I ride gringos know absolutely nothing about...12,500 foot descents in 6-8 hours, for example, hidden singletrack galore. Peru is a difficult country to navigate on your own without some local help in finding the goods...Let me know how I can help!