mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm I'm goin' ta Vegas baby......

My riding partner is getting married in Vegas in June. I don't realy want to haul my bike down there at $75 each way. I figured I'd rent something diff for a day or two. Where should I look for a rental? What do we need to expect for daytime temps during June? Help me out here please.
    Thanks,
    Dave NADS 54, TITUS 55x2

PKG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Re:

Well, I mainly ride on the west side of town in the cottonwood valley area... I know that they have rentals at Escape Adventures on Charleston and then also at the Bike Outpost in Blue Diamond, which is one of the launch pads, if you will, for the cottonwood valley riding...

Daytime temps? Don't ride in the daytime... high 90s - low 100s easily....

KLD
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I live in hooterville, some some say Boulder city is the place to ride .. I would rather drive the extra miles to cottonwood.. as for temps , dress for warm weather... and bring lots of liquid...see ya out there

mtbr member

Check out Mt Charleston

Quote Originally Posted by AkDave
    My riding partner is getting married in Vegas in June. I don't realy want to haul my bike down there at $75 each way. I figured I'd rent something diff for a day or two. Where should I look for a rental? What do we need to expect for daytime temps during June? Help me out here please.
    Thanks,
    Dave NADS 54, TITUS 55x2
    I rode Bootleg in January, was awesome. I was told a good place to ride during the Summer is Mt Charelston, couple hours away, decent temps, and great freeriding.............

mtbr member
    I was in Vegas a couple of years back, in June, and as soon as business was over, I drove a rental car out to SW UTah as fast as I could. Spent 3 days riding Thunder Mtn/Red Canyon area and Brian Head, etc. Stayed in Cedar City as base camp. I had a blast.

but if your not going to leave the Vegas area here's an older post of options in Vegas (and in Utah):

http://forums.mtbr.com/passion/going-vegas-march-19-21-need-trail-info-3154-print.html