mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Going to Costa Rica for the first week of November...

Hi all,

I am going to Costa Rica for the first week of November and would like to know if there are any Mountain Bike shops where I can rent an MTB and go on some guided tours of trails? I did something like this in Thailand.

Also, while I am at it, for those of you who are familiar with Costa Rica, which area should I stay in that is close to hiking, biking, and the beaches? Also is pretty close to the city and has a good nightlife? At the same time is safe.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Tamarindo

My wife and I spent 6 weeks in Tamarindo. Great surfing, dining and ok biking. When we were there a bike shop had just opened across the street from Witch's Rock Surf camp/shop. They are a great base camp to have while there. Awsome people and very friendly.
    As far as biking, single track was a bit limited and required some searching but they have TONS of remote back roads to keep you busy on adventures and it's great winter base miles!
    Randy Charrette
    Instagram
    Facebook
    Flickr

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I just got back from CR. I stayed in Quepos most of the time. Next door to the hotel I was staying at there was a MTB shop! I was going to arrange to go on a ride since the shop organizes them. It would've been a 15 mile ride through the rainforest, but I got rained out by Hurricane Thomas! CR caught the tailend of it which meant it rained 24/7 which eventually turned into a national disaster where 20 people got killed in landslide.

I loved the country and people despite this incident. Now I have a reason to revisit this country!