Thread: Cuzco, Peru

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Cuzco, Peru

I'm going to be studying spanish in cuzco for 5 weeks, and I am really hoping to bring my bike down. But does anyone know if there are rides somewhat easily accessible from the city? Or any information at all on the riding in Cusco? what the trails are like, where I can get more info on trails, or riders, are there bike shops in the city, really any info at all would be a huge help.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'm going to Peru in Sep with Sacred Rides. Perhaps their itinerary will help you out in finding where to ride:

Inca Trail | Sacred Rides
    idiom - raleigh hard rock
    http://www.idiomband.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    That trip looks awesome! but unfortunately all of those rides are a good bit out of the city and I have no idea what the transportation situation is like from cusco to that area. I am really hoping there are some rides that could be done in a half day from cusco, and I could go out to the sacred valley on weekends and such.

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to bus with your bike?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    True, the farther from the city you are, the better it gets the ride ... but it doesn't mean you'll need an helicopter to get there, actually, it's very easy to get out the Cuzco city.
    Look, years ago I went to Cuzco in order to attendance a symposium. There, I met the lodge's owner, a great person and also a biker! He offered me to go on a bike trip, also to lend me a bike, but the day before the trip I suffered an accident and the trip was canceled. Also, at Cuzco, the travel agencies (you only need to get to the street and open your eyes to see one) gives you bike tours, also you can wait until the moment you are there to get to an agency, or you can contact the guy I mentioned, he also can tell you where you can find a good bike-trip-agency; he is a good guy. Oh! sure! you can contact him through www(dot)quechuaportal(dot)com and don't worry, half Cusco's citizens speaks, reads and understand English. Good luck.