Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Chile is here !!

20K views 74 replies 20 participants last post by  slimphatty 
#1 ·
Hey there , am from Santiago, Chile , and just joined this comunity today , so anything you need to know ... :D

#41 ·
Hey brah , thanks a lot , se te agradece mucho la invitacion. Tengo "relatives" viviendo en Miami , pero siempre me ha gustado el Oeste , sobre todo cerca de los Rockies, Moab (por el 4x4) , etc. asi es que tal vez me haya ganado un amigo en la zona. muchas gracias por tu amable invitacion la que de seguro algun dia te voy a cobrar !! :thumbsup:

#46 ·
Well there are some , have to know where to go , otherwise it feels its just a 5 million people city ....

All those pics that look "greener" are from southern Chile , say 600 miles south of Santiago ... there , there are thousands of places to ride !!

#48 ·
Hey so I was planning on trying to make a trip down to Peru/Bolivia/Ecuador this winter December/January, and was wondering how much mtb trips would be if I were to go there and ask for a guide rather than buying one online in the states. I'm very comfortable speaking Spanish, but don't have the biggest vocabulary. Online they all run for about $2000 USD for 7-9 days. Anyone know if guiding is cheaper to do down there?

#49 ·
Dunno man, This is CHILE , not Ecuador, Boliva or Peru. Chile is worlds different in geography, demographics, and most of all , a secure place to spend vacations, outdoors or bussiness. Here the institutions work and all seems to be friendly and fluid, cops are straight and everything works.

Here's a respectable operator for biking tours :

Cycling Tours - Patagonia Tours, Chile & Argentina Travel » Cascada Expediciones

Mountain Bike in Atacama Desert 7 day tour, Chile bike tours | Ecotours Chile - Bike Tours, Hiking Tours, Santiago Tours, Wine Tours

Welcome to San Pedro de Atacama Chile

#63 ·
I'm traveling to Santiago in october and would like to know how is the riding there, will there be snow on La Parva? it seems the bike park opens only on december.
Also, are there good rental bikes in Santiago?
I Live in Sao Paulo, Brasil, and ride a SC nomad.
Have not found many info on the net, but would like to try a trip to Chillan.

#67 ·
great thread jpvm
i've always wanted to visit chile.
now even more.
lots of good information here.
some areas look like western canada , some look like arizona.
a friend met a girl from chile while on vacation in cuba. he's been down a couple of times to visit and loved it (was lucky enough to watch the urban downhill)
now the girl is moving up here to canada to live with him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.