Cheers
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Focus Thunder 650b tuned

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Sure man, we'll be waiting 4 ya !!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I haven't ridden in Santiago, but those look like some cool trails. I did ride in Torres Del Paine in January and it was awesome. We rented bikes from our guide. He's exploring some other trails in the park and surrounding areas, so who knows, may have to go back down there in a few years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chile is here !!-img_0751.jpg  

Chile is here !!-p1240075.jpg  

Chile is here !!-p1240109.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Torres del Paine Natl Park is awsome , to ride to hike to camp , thanks a lot for the pictures !!!!

PS : Sad to see the results of a massive wildfire of 2 years ago , it was started by a jewish tourist backpacker ....

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Here some pics of the kids having fun here closeby in Santiago , Chile ....

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    some moa ....

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jpvm View Post
    Torres del Paine Natl Park is awsome , to ride to hike to camp , thanks a lot for the pictures !!!!

PS : Sad to see the results of a massive wildfire of 2 years ago , it was started by a jewish tourist backpacker ....
    We were there when the fire was still going on, but on the other side of the park. It messed up our plans to do the W, so we only did the V and missed Glaciar Grey. I have kept in touch with our guide and he is exploring other trails with more singletrack in and around TDP. Here are my favorite pics he's sent:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chile is here !!-480967_4884583590485_541154588_n.jpg  

Chile is here !!-563078_278349095599450_1600192434_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    massive pics man, thanks , going to TDP is like going to Alaska without bears and wildlife ... the last frontier .... riding there must be overwhelming

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    massive pics man, thanks , going to TDP is like going to Alaska without bears and wildlife ... the last frontier .... riding there must be overwhelming

Here some more shots of Chile , mainly southern Chile (northern Patagonia) !!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chile is here !!-dsc_2815.jpg  

Chile is here !!-dsc_2937.jpg  

Chile is here !!-dsc_2985.jpg  

Chile is here !!-dsc_2789.jpg  

Chile is here !!-dsc_2203.jpg  

Chile is here !!-dsc_2677.jpg  

mtbr member
    That bike park in Santiago... sooo sick that one
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Focus Thunder 650b tuned

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmetless View Post
    That bike park in Santiago... sooo sick that one
    Yeah , this is another one , a summer only bike park in La Parva , 9000 fasl high ...

My two bikers (12 and 14)

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Wife and I are thinking about taking a trip to Chile in the fall (you spring?). This is definitely going in the pro category, would love to ride in any of these places.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by roma258 View Post
    Wife and I are thinking about taking a trip to Chile in the fall (you spring?). This is definitely going in the pro category, would love to ride in any of these places.
    Nice, our spring starts in September, still some skiing in central and even more in southern Chile. Nicest weather is October thru March , we'll be waitinŽ4 ya ... ahahaha

mtbr member
    Sweet. I lived in Chile for a few years but down south and cant wait to go back and ride all over the place down there. Theres some beautiful landscapes and even more beautiful people. Hopefully I can make it before sometime in the near future.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cman8 View Post
    Sweet. I lived in Chile for a few years but down south and cant wait to go back and ride all over the place down there. Theres some beautiful landscapes and even more beautiful people. Hopefully I can make it before sometime in the near future.
    Right on !! It's interesting how many riders and outdoors loving people have been here in Chile , many as you even have lived here ... thanks 4 your thoughts !

mtbr member
    Oye JPVM, nunca piensas venir a EEUU? Te invito a Utah a rodar por aca.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Oye JPVM, nunca piensas venir a EEUU? Te invito a Utah a rodar por aca.
    Hey brah , thanks a lot , se te agradece mucho la invitacion. Tengo "relatives" viviendo en Miami , pero siempre me ha gustado el Oeste , sobre todo cerca de los Rockies, Moab (por el 4x4) , etc. asi es que tal vez me haya ganado un amigo en la zona. muchas gracias por tu amable invitacion la que de seguro algun dia te voy a cobrar !!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    ....this only what I have ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chile is here !!-p1010900.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Chile is here !!-dsc_2621.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2621.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	782963

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Click image for larger version. 

ID:	782963Click image for larger version. 

ID:	782963
    Some more fun, here close to my home in Santiago , rock on !!!!

mtbr member
    Wow. Santiago has a lot of nice places to hit up it looks like. Have you ever been to other places riding in Chile?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Wow. Santiago has a lot of nice places to hit up it looks like. Have you ever been to other places riding in Chile?
    Well there are some , have to know where to go , otherwise it feels its just a 5 million people city ....

All those pics that look "greener" are from southern Chile , say 600 miles south of Santiago ... there , there are thousands of places to ride !!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Well there are some , have to know where to go , otherwise it feels its just a 5 million people city ....

All those pics that look "greener" are from southern Chile , say 600 miles south of Santiago ... there , there are thousands of places to ride !!

Today ....

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Hey so I was planning on trying to make a trip down to Peru/Bolivia/Ecuador this winter December/January, and was wondering how much mtb trips would be if I were to go there and ask for a guide rather than buying one online in the states. I'm very comfortable speaking Spanish, but don't have the biggest vocabulary. Online they all run for about $2000 USD for 7-9 days. Anyone know if guiding is cheaper to do down there?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by idaho biker 90 View Post
    Hey so I was planning on trying to make a trip down to Peru/Bolivia/Ecuador this winter December/January, and was wondering how much mtb trips would be if I were to go there and ask for a guide rather than buying one online in the states. I'm very comfortable speaking Spanish, but don't have the biggest vocabulary. Online they all run for about $2000 USD for 7-9 days. Anyone know if guiding is cheaper to do down there?
    Dunno man, This is CHILE , not Ecuador, Boliva or Peru. Chile is worlds different in geography, demographics, and most of all , a secure place to spend vacations, outdoors or bussiness. Here the institutions work and all seems to be friendly and fluid, cops are straight and everything works.

Here's a respectable operator for biking tours :

Cycling Tours - Patagonia Tours, Chile & Argentina Travel » Cascada Expediciones

Mountain Bike in Atacama Desert 7 day tour, Chile bike tours | Ecotours Chile - Bike Tours, Hiking Tours, Santiago Tours, Wine Tours

Welcome to San Pedro de Atacama Chile

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast