Chile is here !!

Printable View

  • 04-22-2013
    idaho biker 90
    Would that time frame of January be to hot in most of peru, argentina, and bolivia? Knowing that most of you are in Chili, its a stretch to ask seeing as how google only can do so much.
  • 01-11-2014
    teknolog
    I'll be in Chile for about 2 weeks from February 6th 2014. I'll spend a few days around Santiago and probably head up to San Pedro de Atacama. I would love to go riding in both locations if anyone will be around.
  • 02-03-2014
    SFChristo
    Send me a PM or reply to this thread if you make it out to the coast at Viņa del Mar/Valparaiso, an hour and a half from Santiago. It is less hot and the air is cleaner than Santiago, and you can drink your post ride beer on the beach.
  • 02-20-2014
    jpvm
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SFChristo View Post
    Send me a PM or reply to this thread if you make it out to the coast at Viņa del Mar/Valparaiso, an hour and a half from Santiago. It is less hot and the air is cleaner than Santiago, and you can drink your post ride beer on the beach.

    CHILE is nowadays on top of the world's Enduro and urban DH ....

    Hutchinson UR Team 2014 - Launch In Chile on Vimeo

    The End of an Epic - Andes Pacifico Enduro Final Day - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB
  • 02-20-2014
    jpvm
  • 02-20-2014
    jpvm








  • 03-10-2014
    jpvm
    This is the Enduro world champion riding last week our hometown trails close to Santiago, Chile .....

    http://vimeo.com/88443429
  • 03-10-2014
    jpvm
    More, the week before .... all is happening here

    http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/membe.../970biking,307
  • 03-10-2014
    jpvm
    Epic Chile action from Andes Pacifico race ....

    http://youtu.be/Go3-bz_oYjM
  • 04-07-2014
    jpvm
    Wich country will host the 1st event of the year of the EWS (Enduro World Series) ??? ... CHILE

    player.vimeo.com/video/90871733
  • 04-18-2014
    jpvm
    Chile is in the eye of the Enduro World Series (EWS) , for one reason this worldwide series stops here , because Chile has it all for MTB, Jared Graves, Jermoe Clementz, Richi Rude, etc. : :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

    A New World Beginning - Enduro World Series, Round 1 - Pinkbike

    The 2014 Enduro World Series Kicks Off in Chile - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB

  • 05-08-2014
    jpvm
    There is no better place to shred than Chile !!!!!!!!!!

    http://vimeo.com/94499662
  • 05-15-2014
    b1rdie
    I'm traveling to Santiago in october and would like to know how is the riding there, will there be snow on La Parva? it seems the bike park opens only on december.
    Also, are there good rental bikes in Santiago?
    I Live in Sao Paulo, Brasil, and ride a SC nomad.
    Have not found many info on the net, but would like to try a trip to Chillan.
  • 05-15-2014
    jpvm
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by b1rdie View Post
    I'm traveling to Santiago in october and would like to know how is the riding there, will there be snow on La Parva? it seems the bike park opens only on december.
    Also, are there good rental bikes in Santiago?
    I Live in Sao Paulo, Brasil, and ride a SC nomad.
    Have not found many info on the net, but would like to try a trip to Chillan.

    The snow in La Parva , Colarorado, Farellones (central Chile) lasts at most to September 15 , after that its spring and melts , and the lifts close after Sept. 15. Bike parks opens late Dcember thru end of March.

    Chillan bike park is at NEVADOS DE CHILLAN
  • 05-22-2014
    b1rdie
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jpvm View Post
    The snow in La Parva , Colarorado, Farellones (central Chile) lasts at most to September 15 , after that its spring and melts , and the lifts close after Sept. 15. Bike parks opens late Dcember thru end of March.

    Chillan bike park is at NEVADOS DE CHILLAN

    Thank you, jpvm!
    Tickets are already bought, will arrive in Santiago on october 1st, plans are to drive south to Chillan on the first week with the wife (non rider), than spend the second week next to Santiago with the kids (18 year boy and 23 y girl) , then, only with my wyfe again, the third week to travel north to Vina del Mar and the likes, we return home on the 25.
    Hope we have a chance to ride some of the trails you pictured here!
  • 05-22-2014
    jpvm
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by b1rdie View Post
    Thank you, jpvm!
    Tickets are already bought, will arrive in Santiago on october 1st, plans are to drive south to Chillan on the first week with the wife (non rider), than spend the second week next to Santiago with the kids (18 year boy and 23 y girl) , then, only with my wyfe again, the third week to travel north to Vina del Mar and the likes, we return home on the 25.
    Hope we have a chance to ride some of the trails you pictured here!

    Great news !! Chile is waiting ;-)
  • 09-10-2014
    trailtrash
    great thread jpvm
    i've always wanted to visit chile.
    now even more.
    lots of good information here.
    some areas look like western canada , some look like arizona.
    a friend met a girl from chile while on vacation in cuba. he's been down a couple of times to visit and loved it (was lucky enough to watch the urban downhill)
    now the girl is moving up here to canada to live with him.
  • 10-19-2014
    Crazy Cat Lady
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jpvm View Post
    PS : Sad to see the results of a massive wildfire of 2 years ago , it was started by a jewish tourist backpacker .... :mad:

    Stating nationality or ethnicity is NOT ok when talking about a crime unless it's pertinent to the discussion. This is especially sensitive now because antisemitism is on the rise. Please remove the ethnicity reference.
  • 04-19-2015
    jpvm
  • 09-04-2015
    jpvm
    greetings

  • 11-19-2015
    bART01
    Hey,

    I will be visiting Santiago this december and will likely go on to Torres del Paine.

    Any tips?

    @jpvm : you have decorated this thread with soms great pics man!
  • 11-22-2015
    danmac70
    Hi Barto1
    I am planning a trip to Chile as well. i have very little info as to where to ride but hopefully looking to meet some locals and make friends.
    I am Canadian and will bring my own bike.
    i'm looking for riding partners as well. When will you be there?
  • 11-23-2015
    bART01
    I will be there from half December.

    My current plan is to not bring my bike but rather rent or get a second hand one. Although I must say I did not yet find out where I could rent a bike...