Thread: Beirut, Lebanom

mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Beirut, Lebanom

Obviously there are endless opportunities. Also quite obviously they are not much explored. Does anyone know about anyone who could guide me around for a day in the vicinity of Beirut?

Sent fra min SM-G388F via Tapatalk

Ride in heat
    May 2012
    You mean like a couple of pick up trucks with 8 militia members with Kalashnikovs? Probably the best way would be to ask for pass permit from Hizballah ))))))))))))))

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I've been to Lebanon about 20 times and know how to get around thank you very much. Not all Lebanon is hizb territory.

Ride in heat
    May 2012
    In this case don't you think you are the only guy that could actually do some showing around, rather than asking on this forum? I mean based on your words that you've been to Lebanon 20 times.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Abagrizzli View Post
    In this case don't you think you are the only guy that could actually do some showing around, rather than asking on this forum? I mean based on your words that you've been to Lebanon 20 times.
    Well, I have never brought my bike there. I go for work but considering to bring my bike this time. Will report if I end up going riding.

mtbr member
    I remember a thread from a guy who had awesome pictures of rides in Israel, Jordan and other places in the region, but I don't remember the member or the thread. Not much help.

Edit: ok I figured it out. The user is jbphilly and he posted some pics of a bikepacking trip in Jordan on this thread:

Bikepacking Pics

I know Jordan isn't Lebanon but I got the impression that he had been around the area.

Ride in heat
    May 2012
    Nobody who has visited to Israel will be able to enter Lebanon, unless he's spec ops or government official. Or serving in ZAHAL during ongoing operation )))

Jordan is something else, we can visit there, although only by organized tour and with a special tourist police official attached. But the landscapes are very different - Lebanon is much more beautiful and with more comfortable climate.