Thread: Barbados

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm Barbados

Can any one enlighten me about riding in Barbados? The tourist office web site says there's lots of trails, but how easy are they to find? Is it worth taking the bikes or just hiring a some for a day or two?

Thanks for any help

Martin

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Martin,
    I am in Barbados every week. I generally ride 20+ miles each week and have yet to notice any abudance of trails. I'd say 95% of what I have been riding is on the road.
    MB

MTB B'dos
    Quote Originally Posted by mboyd
    Martin,
    I am in Barbados every week. I generally ride 20+ miles each week and have yet to notice any abudance of trails. I'd say 95% of what I have been riding is on the road.
    MB
    Well I've talked to Martin so this is just to you mboyd.... How are you in Barbados, do you live here or does your work bring you here? where do you ride your 20 miles on road? I live in Barbados and personally I do anywhere from 50-150 miles a week and at least 50% of that is off-road riding. Maybe you should drop me a PM and try to hook up with one of the 3-5 rides I do a week. There's loads of cart roads and actual trails in Barbados with some beautiful scenery, so try to find a local and get them to show you around, that is if you have a MTB that will take it and not just a commuter bike.

LyNx
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics