Thread: WRT Was Fine!

Obviously Single

WRT Was Fine!

Rode the Wilson River Trail yesterday, and I paused to take a few pictures.

I started/finished at the Homestead, near Jones Creek Campground. Not many folks seemed to be out. Sweet!

This one shows my trusty steed (and my car) as I get ready.

Here's a waterfall I never noticed during the summer.

Some nice fall foliage ...

Here's me scaring the bejesus out of my camera ...

A really cool mini-waterfall that I found coming right out of the heart of a decomposing tree!

And, lastly, a picture of the bridge that's pretty much out just west of the Visitor's Center.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

meatier showers
    Alrighty then.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

MattSavage
    Yeah, I rode it today. From Elk Cr. to about halfway between Kings mountain and Diamond Mill I only passed one hiker and two riders. I couldn't believe it! Totally bluebird, perfect temp, perfect dirt, no mud and no people!

It was my first time out here and I'll definately be back throughout the winter!
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    looks sweet, i'd like to get myself out there sometime, maybe this weekend if its nice again?

Obviously Single

Sorry I missed ya

Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage
    Yeah, I rode it today. From Elk Cr. to about halfway between Kings mountain and Diamond Mill I only passed one hiker and two riders. I couldn't believe it! Totally bluebird, perfect temp, perfect dirt, no mud and no people!

It was my first time out here and I'll definately be back throughout the winter!
    I was out there hiking Sunday (the day you rode) with my wife and doggies, but I was west of where you rode. Was the trail clear?

There was one place where a couple of large trees where blocking the trail in the Western section -- it was somewhat tough to climb over them -- I can't imagine doing that with a bike.
    The Lee-Man

Obviously Single

Me Too!

Quote Originally Posted by thumbprinter
    looks sweet, i'd like to get myself out there sometime, maybe this weekend if its nice again?
    Based on how wet it is I'm likely to be riding out there again next weekend. If you're up for the company I'd be glad to show you my favorite part of the WRT -- the western section.

Chances are that the stuff up at the summit, e.g. Brown's Camp, Gales Creek, Story Burn is still a touch muddy.
    The Lee-Man

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeMan
    I was out there hiking Sunday (the day you rode) with my wife and doggies, but I was west of where you rode. Was the trail clear?

There was one place where a couple of large trees where blocking the trail in the Western section -- it was somewhat tough to climb over them -- I can't imagine doing that with a bike.

There were just two pieces of blowdown that I came across that wasn't rideable. Otherwise it was in great shape. I did almost take a header off that first log bridge... those things are slicker than snot! I was not expecting that. Next time I'll walk it!
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....