mtbr member
    Jan 2006

winter riding around Eugene?

The wife is stuck on a biz trip to Eugene the week of 2/18 and is bugging me to come up (birthday week) and bring the bikes. Some cursory searches reveal a couple of options like North Shore Lookout Point Reservoir, which one reviewer mentioned riding in the winter.

I know conditions wholly depend on the amount of rain -- is it insane to think riding is an option around Eugene in mid Feb?

Thanks
    -j

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    no. northshore would be an option, as would whypass out in loraine. try Disciples of Dirt for more info or to see if anyone would want to squire you about one of the local riding spots.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Winter Riding Spots:

North Shore
    Secret stash trails aka Whypass
    Larison Creek
    Salmon Creek
    Lower Middle Fork Trail
    Fall Creek
    Brice Creek

sometimes one can also ride the lower part of the McKenzie River Trail and parts of Castle Rock/King Castle/Echo in the winter, but so far we have snow and it doesn't look to clear up.

meatier showers
    From Scruz, eh? Well, post up here a few days before yer arrival and we'll show ya th' goods. Don't forget your fenders... I'm serious... seizure soon!

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for the recommendations. It looks like the plan is to drive up from CA on 2/16 (or 2/17) and then have the first half of the week to ride. I'm likely "supposed to be working" but will happily fit that in amongst a few hours of riding each day. Should be staying pretty close to I5 and Hwy 569.

I've signed up for a DoD account (have been reading their forums) and even plunked down a little coin for the fork raffle.