mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Whypass in the Snow

Our day started at about 10:30 AM with six riders; Hank-Hank, Ima Klyde, Sasquatch, Albee, Dagooch, and yours truly. We proceeded up the pavement to warm up. At the yellow gate we got on to Boundary for our first taste of slippin-n-slidin on the trails. This took us to Zo's trail to lead in to Redline and Silvia Boulet. After this we crossed the main road to Sneaky to Cell Block and Riot. On up Foxglove Rd and we had to walk temporarily due to the snow depth/consistency. We were halted temporarily and spotted someone coming behind us, and it turns out to be ML with the Rocket Dog. (Hooray, there's a second SingleSpeeder!, I was the other) Onward we slogged through the snow, constantly grabbing at our wheels, occasionally stopping us and forcing a walk. On to Test-Tickle and Upper Love Connection to the main road, then on to Fungurl. Some of us cut it short and just went Around the Clock, but Gooch couldn't hear us holler after him and went on down Fungurl. (He said all he heard was his wheels going "crunch-scrunch" - h'mm, come to think of it that's all I heard all day). Albee went after Gooch, and at the bottom talked Gooch into Jiminy Cricket, where they say they encountered about 8-10" of snow. Meanwhile, the rest of us waited at Wine Bottle Jct, soaking up the sun that was now out. When Albee and Gooch showed up we went on to Sunset-Donsled-Intestinal Tract-Helpless, Sunset, finishing with Stumps Don't Win-Boundary to the road. This was a day to wimp out of some of the trails we would have usually done, since the snow added a workout multiplier effect.

Following are some pictures from the day, in order:

Frozen Puddle
    Too Deep to Ride
    Albee's Ready
    Hank @ Gate
    Kraig's Lovin' It
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Some More Pics

In Order:
    Group @ Donsled exit
    Group @ Rock Around Clock exit
    Hank & Sas exiting Love Connection
    Mtn Lre & Rocket Dog exiting Love Connection
    The train on Silvia Boulet

mtbr member
    An amazing thing is just how strenuous this type of riding was. Even so, we encountered several other groups out there who had showed up an hour or two later. They reported easier going, havng had some sun on the snow to soften things up. It probably helped them, having tracks broken in places too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    An amazing thing is just how strenuous this type of riding was. Even so, we encountered several other groups out there who had showed up an hour or two later. They reported easier going, havng had some sun on the snow to soften things up. It probably helped them, having tracks broken in places too
    looks like fun guys, I don't miss riding in the snow on our way to 70deg heat
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

Making fat cool since '71
    It was fun (hard, but fun) in the snow. Everyone was awsome. Thanks for the picks, but didn't Albee's arse make an appearance for one? Not that I need to see that one...

Kraig...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    It was fun (hard, but fun) in the snow. Everyone was awsome. Thanks for the picks, but didn't Albee's arse make an appearance for one? Not that I need to see that one...

Kraig...
    I've been pedalin' my @ss around there for ten years now. I'm sure you'll get a chance to see it again (I think 'Flaps was sparing the masses by not taking a shot whilst my "better" side was exposed....)

Great riding with y'all. Nice pace, too. It was nice riding with a group while not going beyond my regular pace just to keep reasonably off the back.

mtbr member

more pics

[SIZE=4]I'd rather be mountainbiking. [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

snow fun

Nice pics. That was a fun ride. The snow made 'same ol Whypass' different. The climbs were harder, the downhills were wilder, and the pushing made short sections seem longer. It was FUN. Thanks to all that came out. I had a good time.

HankHank
    If you can think of nothing nice to say, it is time for trail work. -George Terror Hoe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fat frank
    Nice pics. That was a fun ride. The snow made 'same ol Whypass' different. The climbs were harder, the downhills were wilder, and the pushing made short sections seem longer. It was FUN. Thanks to all that came out. I had a good time.

HankHank
    It was good to see you out riding HankHank/FatFrank - MerryPrank.
    T'was a nice pace out there yesterday, though it was a bit of work on the SS bike. I really think that the SS moniker is sort of wrong. There are really three gears/modes: sitting-1st gear, standing-2nd gear, walking-3rd gear. 3rd gear is also known as the 24" gear, i.e. two feet moving on the ground.
    And you're a H.S. Thompson fan too, eh?